PDA

View Full Version : My mock draft

Joelbushbaum
02-28-2014, 08:40 AM
1. WR Evans - Our big WR opens up a route tree on the sidelines, over the middle, and as a red zone threat. Love this guy.

2. DB Baptiste - Big, fast and strong, with coverage skills, I like him at S of CB

3. ILB Borland - Pure football player with rare instincts. Not a liability vs the pass.

4. DB Akins - Impressed during senior bowl week

5. OLB Starr - Small school stand out pass rusher with good agility, size, and a mean steak

5B NT Kerr - Depth is needed.

6. P O'Donnell - Has a big leg, and is a plus as a coverage player.

7. FB Prosch - Pure blocking FB who can hit moving targets. A leader type as well.

Pitt15
02-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Llike your draft-although I would likely be looking for defense in round #1, but Evans is a beast. Just not sure the Baptiste is year one ready and Pitt needs an infusion of speed and playmaking ability in the secondary, may be a more year one ready option in round #2 which has been a tough spot in past drafts. I think you other picks all have potential and seem to fit where you have them slotted. I don't know O'Donnell (not sure I would take a punter given the amount of needs. Like Borland as well, not sure he is Farrior quality, but if he is there in round 3-I'm good with selection. Is Kerr better than Ellis?? Like the Prosch selection.

Joelbushbaum
02-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Llike your draft-although I would likely be looking for defense in round #1, but Evans is a beast. Just not sure the Baptiste is year one ready and Pitt needs an infusion of speed and playmaking ability in the secondary, may be a more year one ready option in round #2 which has been a tough spot in past drafts. I think you other picks all have potential and seem to fit where you have them slotted. I don't know O'Donnell (not sure I would take a punter given the amount of needs. Like Borland as well, not sure he is Farrior quality, but if he is there in round 3-I'm good with selection. Is Kerr better than Ellis?? Like the Prosch selection.

IF we want a Big WR, it has to be early. Evans should work well with Ben's improvisational skills. With him and Brown, we would be very hard to defend!

We ranked 31st in punting. A good punter can help a defense by forcing fair catches or pinning the ball inside the 10 yard line.

Borland is more like a poor man's Zach Thomas, but outside of Timmons our ILB's are rather poor.

No CB we draft will start this year, but Ike and Troy will need to be replaced soon as they are costly and on the decline.

Vis
02-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Would have to trade up to get Evans.

Buddha Bus
02-28-2014, 10:59 AM

Yep. We need to stop pining for him unless that happens. I don't see us trading up as we have too many needs to sacrifice picks. I'd find it more likely we would trade down to get more picks, but I doubt that happens either. We should go defense. It's the smart pick.

Goldsteel86
02-28-2014, 11:12 AM
In all honesty:

1. Evans, Lee, Dennard or Gilbert

To make further Projections/Predictions/"Wants and Requests" will depend solely on this first pick, if they go CB in the first round it should be WR in the second and vise versa.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-28-2014, 01:17 PM

This isn't really the draft I'd trade up if this was a weak draft the yes I'm all for it. undrafted players this year would have been 5th-6th round picks in past drafts. We need to be perfect in the draft.

And another reason why I wouldn't trade up is because look at the last 2 drafts, we drafted Jarvis and DD without trading up for them. So Imo there's still a 50-50 chance Evans falls to us. And I believe It could happen.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-28-2014, 02:21 PM
1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, MSU
2. Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State
3. Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford
4. Shaquil Barrett, OLB, Colorado State
4. Dri Archer, RB, Kent State
5. Ryan Carrethers, NT, Arkansas State
5. Aaron Lynch, DE, South Florida
6. Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
7. Russell Bodine, C/G, UNC

I read somewhere in a chat(cant remember if it Dulac, Bouchette or Fittipaldo said it, but it might not have been them) that there's a good chance we'll get a 3rd for Wallace(of course), 4th from Lewis & a 5th for Mendy, and since this is for fun I just added those picks until they officially announce the the Comp picks :thumbsup: