2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
3. Terrance Brooks, FS, FSU
4. Robert Herron, WR, Wyoming
4. Justin Ellis, NT, LA Tech
5. Shaquil Barrett, OLB, Colorado State
5. Will Clarke, DE, WVU
6. Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma
7. Silas Redd, RB, USC

*=Comp picks. 3rd(wallace), 4th(Lewis), 5th(Mendy, not sure we'll get a 5th for him but oh well)

Pitt15
03-08-2014, 06:39 AM
Like this draft, solid players, meets needs. Think I would try to get another LB (maybe give up Herron (but he would likely get AB off punt return); still not fearing Pitt front 7 with this draft. Starting to think it may be better to move up (get Barr or Mack) and a CB and Safety (fill remaining holes with 2 FA and UDFA).

SteelerJT
03-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Like this draft, solid players, meets needs. Think I would try to get another LB (maybe give up Herron (but he would likely get AB off punt return); still not fearing Pitt front 7 with this draft. Starting to think it may be better to move up (get Barr or Mack) and a CB and Safety (fill remaining holes with 2 FA and UDFA).

Why on Earth would they waste picks moving up for Mack when they just drafted Jarvis and are singing Worilds to a sizable deal?

cbrunn
03-08-2014, 11:50 AM
I like pretty much everything but for Terrance brooks ... Not a big fan of his

Pitt15
03-08-2014, 05:53 PM
As I said, I am not a fan of moving up, but it may be appropriate given the depth in this draft. Why move up for Mack--simple, one injury away from little to no pass rush. Linebackers, the key to the Pitt defense scare no one, Mack, Jones, Worlds--now a different story, pass rushing situations, put them all on the field.
So I stick by my point--moving up getting 3 "starters" and filling in with UDFA and FA has some validity, vs. waiting for BPA to fall, selecting depth--the traditional draft strategy. Just suggesting that this is another draft philosophy that should be considered given the need for a serious pass rush and a playmaker on the back end.

devin7558
03-08-2014, 10:39 PM
It would have to be a last minute deal. Mack May not fall at all. I think he's a top 4 pick when it's all said and done. Anthony Barr may drop a bit. I wouldn't be opposed to moving up with a 2015 3rd rounder a few spots for him. He could be scary good coming off he edge and could keep Worilds and jones fresh while he cuts his teeth on the playbook and philosophy of the zone blitz scheme.

I think building a fearsome front 7 should be the priority. BPA. Nix, Mosley, Barr in no particular order, Gilbert or Dennard if they slip, (though this is a stacked DB draft). if none of them are there then look for a playmaker on the other side of the ball. Ebron, Lewan, Evans, etc. personally I think Anthony Barr could slip all the way to 15.