PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Bettis

wiqidjuggalo
09-06-2006, 10:44 AM
(KDKA) PITTSBURGH Former Steeler Jerome Bettis is getting a special honor.

The Steelers are retiring his locker at a special ceremony tonight.

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_245164036.html

Who is gonna be there with me tonite to try to meet The Bus????

Elvis
09-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Not gonna be there tonight literally.. but in heart and by tv I will be there as much as I can... I think that it is cool that they are doing that, bu-t what about all the other great Steelers players of the past? Bettis is Not the best all-time Steelers player, so I really dont understand that they are just doing this for him.
God Bless
Elvis

bigbensgirl7
09-07-2006, 09:05 AM
He isn't the first to have his locker retired at Hienz Field. He is joining Bradshaw, Harris, Swann and Lambert (I think that's it)

Elvis
09-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Now.. maybe I am wrong with starting this thread.. but how come they are (the Steelers) retiring the Locker of Jerome Bettis? He is Not the Best Steeler Player of All-time... there is so many other great players the Steelers could have done this.. why are they all of a sudden doing this for him? My Opinion... why him (the Bus) and not Franco Harris or Terry Bradshaw or Jack Lambert? Now dont get me wrong I love Bettis and he was a great player for the Steelers but we have had alot of Great Players Along the way...
God You All
Elvis:mg: :duel:

BlackNGold203
09-07-2006, 09:13 AM
i dont know exactly...but i believe there are many lockers in that display.....lockers from the all time greats....

bigbensgirl7
09-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Now.. maybe I am wrong with starting this thread.. but how come they are (the Steelers) retiring the Locker of Jerome Bettis? He is Not the Best Steeler Player of All-time... there is so many other great players the Steelers could have done this.. why are they all of a sudden doing this for him? My Opinion... why him (the Bus) and not Franco Harris or Terry Bradshaw or Jack Lambert? Now dont get me wrong I love Bettis and he was a great player for the Steelers but we have had alot of Great Players Along the way...
God You All
Elvis:mg: :duel:

Read my other post where this is all started....he is not the first. Go to Hienz Field in the Cocoa cola Great Hall and there are atleast 4 more that I can remember (Bradshaw, Swann, Harris, Lambert)

83-Steelers-43
09-07-2006, 09:17 AM
but i believe there are many lockers in that display.....lockers from the all time greats....

You are correct.

BlackNGold203
09-07-2006, 09:19 AM
So...as stated above..this is not an exclusive honor for bettis...he has been added to a growing list of honorees....

83-Steelers-43
09-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Threads Merged.

Elvis
09-07-2006, 12:02 PM
sorry about starting another thread that already had the idea going that direction.. Well.. I am glad that someone corrected me on the fact the Steelers have already made these others also special enough to retire their lockers as well...
God Bless All
Elvis

HburgXL06
09-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Bettis deserves this honor. He was a great player and a great Steeler.

BuFu

Elvis
09-07-2006, 01:26 PM
I didnt ever say that he doesnt deserve the retiring of the locker... I just didnt understand that they would do it for him and not all the other Steelers Greats...Bettis is one of the all time great Steelers...

steeler-dude
09-07-2006, 01:50 PM
I bet Bettis will feel weird tonight being at the stadium and not being on the sideline with his team. That's cool they are having his locker added to all the others.