2(46) WR Jordan Matthews
3(97) RB De'Anthony Thomas
4(118) OLB Demarcus Lawrence
5(157) CB E.J. Gaines
5(173) RB Terrence West
6(192) DE DeAndre Coleman
6(215) OT Wesley Johnson
7(230) DT Chris Davenport

Speed and skill early, size and depth late.

Thoughts?

Steelstoned1972
03-25-2014, 09:27 AM
1(15) CB Justin Gilbert
2(46) WR Jordan Matthews
5(157) CB E.J. Gaines
5(173) RB Terrence West
6(215) OT Wesley Johnson

Thoughts?

Would love Matthews to be there in 2nd.
Don't think Gilbert will be there though.

I like gaines.
Think with the devaluing of the rb position , we could get Dat later in draft. Jusy my opinion though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

SteelerJT
03-25-2014, 10:04 AM
Yeah it'd take a lot of luck for both Gilbert and Matthews to fall. The 3rd is way early for DAT, and Gaines will most likely be long gone before round 5.

Regardless of skill or versatility, I don't see two RBs being taken. I also highly doubt they wait til the 6th to address DL.

Picked a lot of great players, which is why they likely won't all be there :chuckle:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-25-2014, 10:06 AM
1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, MSU
2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
4. Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida
5. Justin Ellis, NT, LA Tech
5. Shaquil Barrett, OLB, Colorado State
6. Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma
6. Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona

SteelerJT
03-25-2014, 10:09 AM

I'd be thrilled with rounds 1 and 2, but not holding my breath on Matthews. I love Ellis and both Shaqs being included.

Really don't know how I feel about Seastrunk. I know they need a back up and he'd bring a new dimension to the offense, but the third is just too high. Take advantage of this "deep draft" and address some more defensive issues.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-25-2014, 11:17 AM
I'd be thrilled with rounds 1 and 2, but not holding my breath on Matthews. I love Ellis and both Shaqs being included.

Really don't know how I feel about Seastrunk. I know they need a back up and he'd bring a new dimension to the offense, but the third is just too high. Take advantage of this "deep draft" and address some more defensive issues.

RB in the first 3 rounds would be high but the thought of the potential of Bell & Seastrunk running behind Pouncey and DD and hopefully a improved Mike Adams could be dominate. Trying to think of thing's that will make this offense be one of the best in the NFL.

Edit: And yeah I agree on Matthews being there in the 2nd, but I'm hoping he is

SteelerJT
03-25-2014, 11:21 AM
RB in the first 3 rounds would be high but the thought of the potential of Bell & Seastrunk running behind Pouncey and DD and hopefully a improved Mike Adams could be dominate. Trying to think of thing's that will make this offense be one of the best in the NFL.

Edit: And yeah I agree on Matthews being there in the 2nd, but I'm hoping he is

If they go offense twice early, which I don't want them to do, I would feel better if it was a TE. Heath only has so much time left, and Spaeth is more of a blocker than dynamic threat.

But I agree Seastrunk would be nice. Especially if he slipped to 4 or something like that.

teegre
03-25-2014, 01:19 PM
1(15) CB Justin Gilbert
2(46) WR Jordan Matthews
5(157) CB E.J. Gaines
5(173) RB Terrence West
6(215) OT Wesley Johnson

Thoughts?

Three steals: Gilbert, Matthews, & Gaines.

But, dat is a little early for DAT. :chuckle:

teegre
03-25-2014, 01:21 PM

Yes
Steal
Hmmm...???
Yes!!!
I'll take it
Obviously
Sure
Sure
Need Shaq Evans to compete the trifecta

ebsteelers
03-25-2014, 02:38 PM

too good too be true

Idioteque
03-31-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm one of the few who doesn't like Matthews. Huge reception totals, but a ridiculous % of them came on screens. Considering his average deep speed and quickness, he looks to me like one of those super-productive college WRs who become backup slot guys in the pros. In this draft, I think we can do better and get much better value. Guys like Bruce Ellington and Cody Latimer will be sitting there in the 3rd and 4th.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-08-2014, 11:55 PM
2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
3. Christian Jones, ILB, FSU
4. Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford
5. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
6. Rajion Neal, RB, Tennessee
6. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami or Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley(big sleeper)
7. Ryan Carrethers, NT, Arkansas State(wouldn't mind trading up in the 6th to make sure we get him)

MDSteel15
04-09-2014, 01:21 PM
2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
3. Christian Jones, ILB, FSU
4. Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford
5. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
6. Rajion Neal, RB, Tennessee
6. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami or Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley(big sleeper)
7. Ryan Carrethers, NT, Arkansas State(wouldn't mind trading up in the 6th to make sure we get him)

Can always take him with the Comp in the 6th! :noidea:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Can always take him with the Comp in the 6th! :noidea:

I want Henderson with the comp pick. but if we could trade up by swapping picks then what the hell lol.

But maybe pick him with the comp pick and pick the FB from Oklahoma in the 7th :thumbsup:

emarines
04-09-2014, 01:33 PM
1. darqueze dennard - cb - msu
2. stephon tuitt - de - nd
3. justin ellis - nt -louisiana tech
4. jared abberderis - wr - wisconsin
5. arthur lynch - te - georgia
5. shaquil barrett - colorado st
6. antonio andrews - rb - western kentucky
6. aaron colvin - cb - oklahoma
7. james morris - ilb - iowa

SteelerJT
04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
I want Henderson with the comp pick. but if we could trade up by swapping picks then what the hell lol.

But maybe pick him with the comp pick and pick the FB from Oklahoma in the 7th :thumbsup:

I'm going to blame you if we draft that slob Henderson. We already have enough underachieving linemen. Greatly prefer Schofield.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
04-09-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm going to blame you if we draft that slob Henderson. We already have enough underachieving linemen. Greatly prefer Schofield.

lmao. But Imo with the comp pick he is worth it, He has all the tool maybe Munchak can turn him around :noidea:

agreed on Michael Schofield. I enjoyed Prison Break :chuckle:

Believe43
04-19-2014, 08:38 PM
1 CB JUSTIN GILBERT
2 WR MARTAVIS BRYANT
3 DE WILL CLARKE
4 S KENNY LADLER
5 DT JUSTIN ELLIS
5 RB DE'ANTHONY THOMAS
6 CB AARON COLVIN
6 ILB MAX BULLOUGH
7 TE MARCEL JENSEN

wwhickok
05-01-2014, 12:17 PM
I've included a trade because honestly, that's my preferred Draft Day route for pick #15. I tried to think outside the box here in the middle to late rounds as to what I think they might do, I'm probably not even close lol. Enjoy.

Trade Alert

Miami Dolphins Trade #19, #81, & 2015 6th Round Pick for #15 and select OG Zach Martin.

1:19 -- Darqueze Dennard, Cornerback, Michigan State -- having moved back and still getting our guy, there's no harm in that at all. I do believe that the Jets could be a landing spot for Dennard, however I also believe they could be after a WR such as Beckum, who for purposes of this mock, I'm going to slot to NY at 18. Dennard's biggest appeal is his physicality, with the tutelage of Carnell Lake, I think he can develop into an elite corner in the NFL.

2:46 -- Stephen Tuitt, Defensive End, Notre Dame -- Despite my belief that Kelvin Benjamin might make it close to this spot I believe it's also possible a team like Carolina, New England, or SF pick him up and even though there are other talented WR's on the board at this spot, I feel very strongly our second biggest need is defensive end. If Tuitt is there I think it'll be very difficult to pass him by.

Alternative -- Kelvin Benjamin, Wide Receiver, Florida State -- If he is on the board our FO might be compelled to give Ben the big bodied receiver he has been looking for, boom or bust pick.

3:81 -- CJ Fiedorowicz, Tight End, Iowa -- If he's still on the board at this point, he could be a great weapon for Ben, especially if we're not taking a WR in one of the first two rounds because he's a big bodied guy as well. He isn't necessarily elite at any one skill but he's very balanced at each of them.

3:97 -- Jaylen Watkins, Cornerback, Florida -- the driving force behind my selection here is that Watkins may be a Safety convert, he gives the defense versatility. He is more than capable of being a corner at the NFL level, but I believe that this allows them options at Safety should they feel they need to pad that depth or create more competition.

Alternative -- Josh Huff, Wide Receiver, Oregon -- This isn't the tall receiver Ben is looking for, but he is a very speedy, athletic slot type receiver, with Wheaton projected as a likely starter this season, Huff could find his way into the starting lineup sparingly as the slot guy.

4:118 -- Josh Mauro, Defensive End, Stanford -- I've said this before and I'll say it again here, Brett Keisel 2.0.

5:157 -- Zach Kerr, Nose Tackle, Delaware -- Nose Tackle is a position that needs upgraded, perhaps not immediately but Kerr wouldn't start from day 1 anyway so this fits in line with that. He has all the tools to succeed as a 3-4 NT in Pittsburgh imo.

5:173 -- Devonta Freeman, Running Back, Florida State -- I have him falling because of his position, it's not unusual to see that happen. Freeman brings speed and more important a change of pace capability to the roster, something we haven't had in quite some time.

6:192 -- Jeff Janis, Wide Receiver, Siginaw Valley -- Potential here, tall well built receiver that could still be on the board because of the talent he has build his 'reputation against' (they weren't very good).

6:215 -- Shaquil Barrett, Outside Linebacker, Colorado State -- Isn't the first time I've mocked him to us, I get the feeling this is a guy that our FO might very well be attracted to, Joey Porter 2.0 perhaps? Ironic since, as I've said before Porter is actually on the staff now. Could really flourish in our system.

7:230 -- James Hurst, Offensive Guard, North Carolina -- Yes, I just mocked a guy that I've seen go as high as early 3rd round this offseason, in the 7th round. Between the fact he was injured during the 2013 season and the fact that he has never played an interior offensive line position, he could very well fall through the cracks as a project player.

[i]Alternative -- Donald Hawkins, Offensive Guard, Texas -- Another project guy, I genuinely believe that unless we get a steal we're not going to address the offensive line until the 7th round and a project guy seems the most likely way to go about it. Hawkins needs to significantly refine his techniques, luckily for him Munchak can help him do that.

Kingmagyar
05-07-2014, 10:00 AM
If the first 5 players you have end up Steelers I will be very happy.

I'm pretty sure Jordan Mathews will absolutely be there by the time we pick in the 2nd. Kelvin Benjamin could be there as well. Don't be surprised if Louis Nix is there as well coming off knee injury. Fire Hydrant NTs are being devalued in this league.

Tuitt is rising and Demarcus Lawrence is soaring. We won't get one of the better OLBs past the 3rd round in this year's draft. Prospects and developmental yes, just not the polished guys.

I honestly believe Shaq Barrett goes undrafted. 7th round maybe.

OT Seantrel Henderson update. -reportedly tested positive for "THE WEED" at combine. Also remember he couldn't finish pro-day with dehydration. That weed does give you cotton mouth.

#bleedblack&gold
05-07-2014, 01:23 PM
1. Anthony Barr (OLB)
2. Kelvin Benjamin (WR)
3. Phillip Gaines (CB)
4. Ross Cockrell (CB)
5. Scott Chricton (DE)
5. Justin Elllis (DT)
6. Nick Williams (S)
6. Ryan Carrethers (DT)
7. Logan Thomas (QB)

ebsteelers
05-08-2014, 09:03 AM
my perfect draft we trade down with the eagles for 54

1) Fuller CB
2) Nix NT
2b) Tuitt DE
3) Allen Robinson or McCrief
4) Aaron Colvin
5) Terrance West Rb
6) Jalen Saunders WR OK
7) Shaq Barrett OLB

i think I am might picks here but thats what i got or like

Kingmagyar
05-08-2014, 09:31 AM
A productive draft would be along these lines. Recouping that lost 3rd round pick is a must.

1st round CB Kyle Fuller (even after trade-down still there)
2nd round TE Austin Sefarin Jenkins (the big tall physical red zone threat receiver we all wanted)
3rd round WR Jarvis Landry -like replacing Cotchery w youth and better hands.
3rd comp NT/DE DaQuan Jones (the new NFL NT that Tomlin talked about. Strong, Penetrating, position flexibility)
4th round RB Charles Sims (had DeAnthony Thomas here for a long time but Sims is better in zone-between tackles)
5th round OLB Jackson Jeffcoat (can they trust another player from Texas?)
5th comp DE Brent Urban (lots of batted passes. 6'7" nearly 300. )
6th round OT Justin Britt
6th comp CB Shaquille Richardson
7th round TE Blake Annen

UDFAs TE Rob Blanchflower, , FB Gator Hoskins, OLB Morgan Breslin, OLB Shaquil Barrett, NT Beau Allen
RB James White

Can see a great 2nd round pick being available -Kelvin Benjamin, Louis Nix etc.

ebsteelers
05-08-2014, 12:58 PM
A productive draft would be along these lines. Recouping that lost 3rd round pick is a must.

1st round CB Kyle Fuller (even after trade-down still there)
2nd round TE Austin Sefarin Jenkins (the big tall physical red zone threat receiver we all wanted)
3rd round WR Jarvis Landry -like replacing Cotchery w youth and better hands.
3rd comp NT/DE DaQuan Jones (the new NFL NT that Tomlin talked about. Strong, Penetrating, position flexibility)
4th round RB Charles Sims (had DeAnthony Thomas here for a long time but Sims is better in zone-between tackles)
5th round OLB Jackson Jeffcoat (can they trust another player from Texas?)
5th comp DE Brent Urban (lots of batted passes. 6'7" nearly 300. )
6th round OT Justin Britt
6th comp CB Shaquille Richardson
7th round TE Blake Annen

UDFAs TE Rob Blanchflower, , FB Gator Hoskins, OLB Morgan Breslin, OLB Shaquil Barrett, NT Beau Allen
RB James White

Can see a great 2nd round pick being available -Kelvin Benjamin, Louis Nix etc.

how far of trade down are you talking in round 1 though?

Kingmagyar
05-08-2014, 03:29 PM
how far of trade down are you talking in round 1 though?

Somewhere between 18 to 21, would be as far down to safely still get Fuller or Dennard I would chance.