PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fan Loyalty Rankings

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Warning: you won't like them:

http://www.bizjournals.com/specials/pages/34.html

The rankings are formulated based on the following factors: 60% is based on support factors (average attendance, percent of capacity, attendance fluctuation), 40% is based on difficulty factors (winning percentage, market population, per capita income, december temperature). In other words, your rating goes up as support and difficulty go up.

SteelCityMan786
09-06-2006, 06:05 PM
This is definant BS. The Steelers are definantly no.1

Livinginthe past
09-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Im glad we got an unbiased opinion to clarify that. :chuckle:

NM

Petesburgh66
09-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Sorry, I find this a load of bullcrap as well.

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Obviously a higher winning percentage hurts you to a point, so when you have 2 teams with similar "support rankings," the "least successful" team will get the nod. Overall, the rankings aren't bad...I mean it's not opinion, it's all formulated. The only bad thing is that the typically more successful teams can get somewhat penalized.

Anyway, overall the Browns fans are pretty damn loyal, you have to give them that.

Hawk Believer
09-06-2006, 06:27 PM
It seems though that if you are from a warm region and had a medicore to good team, you could never achieve the highest ranking with this algorithm.

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
It seems though that if you are from a warm region and had a medicore to good team, you could never achieve the highest ranking with this algorithm.
Yeah...I think they should have weighted temperature and winning percentage just a little less. But then again, I think the point was really to point out which fan bases have toughed out hard times the best.

Hawk Believer
09-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah...I think they should have weighted temperature and winning percentage just a little less. But then again, I think the point was really to point out which fan bases have toughed out hard times the best.

Yeah, I think its an interesting way of trying to look at it objectively. But I do question the validity. It looks like the Dolphins or Chargers would have no possiblity of having the most loyal fans merely because of their geography.

I guess I think loyalty in this sense is too abstract to be measured by a formula. Its like trying to put a number on how much somebody loves someone else.

jaysta
09-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Have you ever had a seat in the "dogpound" at the old Cleveland stadium? I sat in there with all of my Steelers gear on to see the Steelers. We were about 10 rows behind Big Dawg and his posse and man what a day! That being said, I don't think anything beats an entire stadium waving Terrible Towels.

clevestinks
09-06-2006, 07:04 PM
The terrible towel is everywhere. Every announcer that had our games last season, could not help but mention how many Steelers fans were at away games. We have to be top three

BBC
09-06-2006, 07:09 PM
The system is obviously flawed, because one thing that makes the Steelers fans so great is how well they fill other teams stadiums, as well as Hienz Field. So not only do other teams get their numbers boosted because of Steelers fans in their stadium - none of those Steelers fans are factored into the support ranking for the Steelers. A support ranking of 19 is insane.

jaysta
09-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Take one look at this pic and then ask yourself how valid this #21 ranking is? :tt:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/jaystae/heinzfield.jpg

PisnNapalm
09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
I thought I smelled some BS in this thread. That first link is full of it. sheesh.

BBC
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Take one look at this pic and then ask yourself how valid this #21 ranking is? :tt:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/jaystae/heinzfield.jpg

Or a photo from the Super Bowl (in Detroit - not Pittsburgh, mind you)

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060206mffans_450.jpg

BlackNGold203
09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
One persons opinion on how to rank fan loyalty...whatever.....

We know who has the strongest fans....

Nuff said....:cool: :cool:

Lyn
09-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Cleveland finally heads a list! A total bs list but what can you expect?

j-dawg
09-06-2006, 10:14 PM
hells yeah...

i'm flying back to cleveland for the browns/ravens game on the 24th... can't wait.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-06-2006, 10:33 PM
The system is obviously flawed, because one thing that makes the Steelers fans so great is how well they fill other teams stadiums, as well as Hienz Field. .

This point has to be taken more seriously... no matter where we play we are always well represented. You will never see another team have fans at Hienz like we put in every other stadium. How many teams have made it a requirement to buy extra game tickets like they do to try and stop the STEELER NATION from showing up in their stadiums? You could tell this poll was a complete joke when "the mistake on the Lake" was no.1

MattsMe
09-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Obviously a higher winning percentage hurts you to a point, so when you have 2 teams with similar "support rankings," the "least successful" team will get the nod. Overall, the rankings aren't bad...I mean it's not opinion, it's all formulated. The only bad thing is that the typically more successful teams can get somewhat penalized.

Anyway, overall the Browns fans are pretty damn loyal, you have to give them that.

Oh, well, when you put it that way...

:huh: :toofunny:

hardwork
09-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Considering what we've been trough here the Patriot's fans should be rated number 1. Loosing season after loosing season. One of the worst owners in the AFL and then in the NFL. A stadium that was full of so many drunks you couldn't take your family to the games. Coaches that were either nuts or that had sold you out before they even arrived.

There may not be as many of us as there are Steeler fans, but make no mistake, those of us who stuck it out through all that are far more loyal then you people ever dreamed of being.

Hawk Believer
09-07-2006, 12:08 AM
:popcorn:

BBC
09-07-2006, 06:26 AM
There may not be as many of us as there are Steeler fans, but make no mistake, those of us who stuck it out through all that are far more loyal then you people ever dreamed of being.

Congrats to both of them.

klick81
09-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Really...
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/klick81/mine043.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/klick81/mine028.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/klick81/mine018.jpg

MIND YOU, this was in San Diego last year.

This last one tells the whole story :busted: :

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/klick81/mine019.jpg

hardwork
09-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Congrats to both of them.

That's probably about as high as you can count.

HburgXL06
09-07-2006, 11:48 AM
The whole list is messed up and teams that should be at the top are at the bottom (Raiders last? B*tch please). Any list that has the texans in the top 10 after two years is complete bullshit. Who ever heard of this news source anyway? It says local but local to who? Cleveland? Somethin is biased and twisted I am sure of that.

On a side note: j-dawg I hope you have a good time at the game!

Hardwork, as always, you are full of shit.

BuFu

klick81
09-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Hardwork, as always, you are full of shit.

BuFu

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

I'd give you + rep, but...

BBC
09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
That's probably about as high as you can count.

Nope, just when counting things that stop at two...

You know? Like loyal Pats fans? Or the amount of teeth in your mouth?

hardwork
09-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Average Patriot's fan's IQ: 138
Average IQ amongst the general population: 105
Average Steeler fan's IQ: 56

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-07-2006, 03:24 PM
I believe the fact the other teams wont sell steelers fans tickets because they know their stadium will be over run by black and gold says everything you need to know about what team had the biggest and most loyal fan base...

BBC
09-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Average Patriot's fan's IQ: 138
Average IQ amongst the general population: 105
Average Steeler fan's IQ: 56

Make up fake stats to prove your point? I've seen some terrible tactics, but this is by far the worst.

Ben Roethlisberger's Touchdown Total: 60 billion
Tom Brady's Touchdown Total: 0

Ben is obviously the better quarterback.

hardwork
09-07-2006, 04:25 PM

No. You're confused.

It's number of times turned down on a date;

Ben Roethlisberger: 60 billion

Tom Brady: 0

Brady is obviously the better swordsman.

HburgXL06
09-07-2006, 04:40 PM
No. You're confused.

I don't want to know anythin about brady's "sword" as you like to call it, and when you look at tom's new "queer eye" look (gelled hair, manicure) you can guess at what kinds of "dates" that he is gettin.

I'll say it again. Hardwork, you are full of shit. Come back after you've used the little boys room, and don't forget to wipe your ass!! Use Charmin, it's softer.

BuFu

CantStop85
09-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Make up fake stats to prove your point? I've seen some terrible tactics, but this is by far the worst.

Actually, he didn't make up those stats, it says it right here.

BBC
09-07-2006, 05:21 PM
No. You're confused.

Yeah, all of those guys in New England love Tommy. I've been told it's his dreamy eyes - I'm sure you would be able to confirm that for me?

jaysta
09-08-2006, 12:20 AM
I wonder if the folks who made this list caught Thursday's win over Miami? How ya' like us now?!?:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: