PDA

View Full Version : BEN ONLY PASSES 10 TIMES A GAME ANYWAYS

OHIO FIN FAN
09-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Look Steeler fan why is everyone so down about Roethlisberger's injury. Your offense is based on the run anyway. How many pass attempts did he average per game last season, maybe 10. Enjoy you SB win which was based purely on luck and LET'S GO DOLPHINS!!!!

ROYND1
09-06-2006, 06:06 PM
you're an idiot. :blah: :dang:

Steelknife
09-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Are you serious? I'm not going to look at the stats again, but I discussed this before and Ben threw less than 20 passes only 8 times in 2 seasons, including 6 playoff games.

Someone do the math based on how many games he started.

SteelerFanInCA
09-06-2006, 06:12 PM
This fan must be tailgating already and hitting on his crack pipe. Gotta love the ignorant post people come up with.

OHIO FIN FAN
09-06-2006, 06:13 PM
Are you trying to tell me that it really makes a difference all year if Roethlisberger is your QB or not. He is probably the last reason you guys won the SB.

OHIO FIN FAN
09-06-2006, 06:15 PM
No I am trying to be serious with you guys. If Palmer wasn't "accidentally" knocked out of the playoff game you guys would have lost. That is a true fact. Palmer and the boys would have beaten you deep all game long.

83-Steelers-43
09-06-2006, 06:18 PM
No I am trying to be serious with you guys. If Palmer wasn't "accidentally" knocked out of the playoff game you guys would have lost. That is a true fact. Palmer and the boys would have beaten you deep all game long.

How is it a fact even though this is a pointless thread to begin with......but I'm curious.

You already brought up the amount of passes you thought he managed and that was shot to hell. What's next?

OHIO FIN FAN
09-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Look at the play where Palmer was injured. How long was that pass reception? They would have exploited your DBs all game long. I feel that Roethlisberger gets way too much credit. He fell in to the perfect situation to succeed early in his career.

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 06:25 PM
HA, I told you fans from other teams thought this as well. :dancing:

83-Steelers-43
09-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Look at the play where Palmer was injured. How long was that pass reception? They would have exploited your DBs all game long. I feel that Roethlisberger gets way too much credit. He fell in to the perfect situation to succeed early in his career.

So your basing your opinion on one pass play in the first two minutes of the game? :rolleyes:

I really didn't expect much when I first opened this thread. Turns out I was correct. Good job buddy.

Eitherway, your talking history. We got the RING or should i say RINGS!!! LOL

OHIO FIN FAN
09-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Look I have nothing against the Steelers. I just feel that Roethlisberger has received way too much credit. He was put in a great situation on a team that just needs their QB to manage the game. He is nothing special and way overrated.

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 06:41 PM
I was watching Mike and Mike earlier this morning and they were discussing Big Ben. One of them brought up the point that the Steelers rarely ever win games when Ben has to throw a lot of passes, like 25+...but then Golic pointed out that the Steelers were usually trailing when Ben had to throw that many passes. The other guy responded saying something like "Exactly, Ben hasn't shown the ability to lead his team back when trailing late in the game, the Steelers usually jump out early on teams and then Ben is able to manage the game from there, when Ben has had to shoulder the load he hasn't been very effective."

83-Steelers-43
09-06-2006, 06:49 PM
As long as he get's us rings, I really don't care what anybody thinks...lol. Thanks for your insight though. It was very interesting. I mean, it's not like it was anything we haven't already heard. We had to listen to the same shtick from bandwagon Bungal fans who recently jumped on the wagon.

Then again, I would rather some consider my QB overrated (even though I completely disagree) than my whole team going into this season. It's funny listening to a Dolphin fan calling anybody or anything overrated and over-hyped going into this season.

Once again, it's been fun buddy and predictable.

OHIO FIN FAN
09-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Talk about overrated. You guys will probably finish third in the AFC North this year. Now that the league gave you that ring you won't be so "fortunate" this season.

83-Steelers-43
09-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Talk about overrated. You guys will probably finish third in the AFC North this year. Now that the league gave you that ring you won't be so "fortunate" this season.

As with your original post on this thread, very well thought out...LOL. Good job and here's a cookie.

When you get five rings, let me know, okay?

OHIO FIN FAN
09-06-2006, 07:11 PM
When you guys have a perfect season let me know. LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Mosca
09-06-2006, 07:15 PM
I was watching Mike and Mike earlier this morning and they were discussing Big Ben. One of them brought up the point that the Steelers rarely ever win games when Ben has to throw a lot of passes, like 25+...but then Golic pointed out that the Steelers were usually trailing when Ben had to throw that many passes. The other guy responded saying something like "Exactly, Ben hasn't shown the ability to lead his team back when trailing late in the game, the Steelers usually jump out early on teams and then Ben is able to manage the game from there, when Ben has had to shoulder the load he hasn't been very effective."

Well geez, he's only lost 4 games. Would a team rather have a guy who falls behind first? I don't get it. The only thing that counts is "W". So he either DOES win those games (after all, he's only lost 4 in two years), or he doesn't have to be in that position.

What's the point? We have one guy projecting an alternate reality as if it were predestined fact, and another repeating constructed straw arguments that were invented to fill air time. Toss some juice this way guys. Say something worthwhile. Point to how your team got better or something, ANYTHING, that makes sense. Even saying that Batch can't get it done makes more sense than the goofy stuff you've trotted out here.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
09-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Hmmmm...let's weigh this.

Perfect season or five rings. This is tough. Let me get back to you on that one. lol.

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Well geez, he's only lost 4 games. Would a team rather have a guy who falls behind first? I don't get it. The only thing that counts is "W". So he either DOES win those games (after all, he's only lost 4 in two years), or he doesn't have to be in that position.

What's the point? We have one guy projecting an alternate reality as if it were predestined fact, and another repeating constructed straw arguments that were invented to fill air time. Toss some juice this way guys. Say something worthwhile. Point to how your team got better or something, ANYTHING, that makes sense. Even saying that Batch can't get it done makes more sense than the goofy stuff you've trotted out here.

Tom
Don't get all pissy about it, it's just something I heard on ESPN this morning and decided to throw out there because it was somewhat relevant to this "discussion."

I don't believe Big Ben's a bad QB...I think he's very good and is on track to become one of the better QB's in the league (assuming he can avoid any more freak accidents). That being said, Roethlisberger was pretty inconsistent last year...at times he would look like Joe Montana and at others he would look like he was still a rookie. While Ben has made a lot of key plays for the Steelers and has been quite efficient, it is still yet to be seen if he can carry a team by himself ala Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer. Ben has been fortunate enough to not be faced with that kind of situation very often with a rock solid run game and a dominate defense.

I want to see Ben lead the Steelers from behind when they're losing in the 4th quarter...I want to see him run an effective 2-minute drill when his team is down by 7...perhaps this will be the year when he can prove he's the man in Pitt.

PisnNapalm
09-06-2006, 07:45 PM

If it a "true fact", then prove it. Have you forgotten that we had beaten the Bengals in their own house while they had Palmer for an entire game in the regular season?

Doh!:dang: Lay off the crack...

X-Terminator
09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Obviously CS85 (and OHIO FIN FAN), you don't remember the Steelers/Cowboys game from 2004, where the Steelers were down late in the game and came back to win on a late TD pass. Who was the QB in that game? Why, it was Ben Roethlisberger! And also, let's not forget the Steelers/Jax game from the same season when the Steelers came back and held on to win the game on a late Jeff Reed FG. Who was the QB who led that drive? Why, it was Ben Roethlisberger! And I might add, both games were in his rookie season, when QBs aren't supposed to do things like that. Or how about the Steelers/Chargers game from last season, when again, the Steelers won on a late Reed FG. Who was the QB who led that drive in that game? Why, it was Roethlisberger again, before he got hurt, of course. And let's not even get into the games he had against your Bengals, the Colts and Broncos in the playoffs, when the Steelers came out throwing right out of the gate and put up points early in games. He also managed to best Mr. Palmer on your own turf last season and nearly matched him TD for TD in the second game here at Heinz. Sure, he hasn't been called on to do it often, but he has proven in the past that he can get it done when he has to carry the load on his shoulders.

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Either way, when you have the lowest QB rating in Superbowl history for a winning QB, I think you have something to prove next season.

I would've liked to have seen the wildcard game with a healthy Palmer. It would have been interesting to see if Ben could've won in a shoot out, which that game surely would have ended up being.

X-Terminator
09-06-2006, 08:01 PM
And you know this...how? Based on ONE PASS early in the first quarter?? Sorry, but there's no way you can say that the game would have definitely been a shootout. It COULD have been, certainly, but then again, the Steelers D could have made adjustments to shut Palmer down. In other words - we will never know for sure.

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
And you know this...how? Based on ONE PASS early in the first quarter?? Sorry, but there's no way you can say that the game would have definitely been a shootout. It COULD have been, certainly, but then again, the Steelers D could have made adjustments to shut Palmer down. In other words - we will never know for sure.
Well...we won't for a few weeks at least. I made that statement based on that one pass, yes, as well as the fact that even Kitna was pretty effective against the Steelers defense before the whole half-time breakdown. I'm 99% positive that Palmer would have outperformed Kitna.

But, like I said, we'll see for sure in just a few weeks. :bouncy:

SteelersFreak
09-06-2006, 08:08 PM
You guys are funny.

You're telling me that because of ONE pass in the beginning of the game, the Steelers DB's would have been exploited and the game would have been a shootout? Where do you people pull this stuff from?

And about Ben not being able to lead the team, I can think of five or six times when Ben has had to lead the Steelers back, and all last season in the playoffs Ben came out throwing the ball and the Steelers went up early. And about having the worst QB rating in the Super Bowl, this matters why? The Steelers WON the game, the only real reason he didn't rack up a massive QB rating was that he really didn't complete or throw many passes down the field, most of his passes were shorter completions, so he got less yards. Also, when the Steelers got a lead, they started running the ball consistently, so Ben threw much less.

Some of you guys really need to think some of your arguments over.

OHIO FIN FAN
09-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Look, Little Ben is overrated and you all know it. Also just admit the SB win was all because of the refs bad calls. Seattle iwas a better team with a much better QB.

SteelCityMan786
09-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Look Steeler fan why is everyone so down about Roethlisberger's injury. Your offense is based on the run anyway. How many pass attempts did he average per game last season, maybe 10. Enjoy you SB win which was based purely on luck and LET'S GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Hey OFF. Try 20 Passes and at least 40 run plays. Don't forget the gadget plays to.

X-Terminator
09-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Well...we won't for a few weeks at least. I made that statement based on that one pass, yes, as well as the fact that even Kitna was pretty effective against the Steelers defense before the whole half-time breakdown. I'm 99% positive that Palmer would have outperformed Kitna.

Yes, we will. Indeed.

X-Terminator
09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Look, Little Ben is overrated and you all know it. Also just admit the SB win was all because of the refs bad calls. Seattle iwas a better team with a much better QB.

Dude, seriously...if that's all you've got, then don't even bother. Seattle was NOT the better team that day and did not play well, something that many of their players and Hasselbeck himself admitted. And I really, really don't want to hear about the "bad calls" in the SB - that horse has been beaten to death so many times over that it isn't even worth the time I'm taking to address it right now. So you can go and sell that sugar somewhere else, pal, because we don't want any here.

Hines86Ward
09-06-2006, 08:25 PM
For the people saying Roethlisberger doesn't perform when he's behind in a game, his QB rating when he's behind is 115.3.....

43Hitman
09-06-2006, 08:33 PM
For the people saying Roethlisberger doesn't perform when he's behind in a game, his QB rating when he's behind is 115.3.....

Booyah!!

X-Terminator
09-06-2006, 08:38 PM

Yeah, I'd say that would fit nicely into the "getting the job done when it counts" category. You don't go 27-4 if you can't. Simple as that.

BBC
09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
:sigh:

Another worn out 'Ben relies on the run' argument brought by someone who obviously knows very little about his own team, and even less about the Steelers.

Ben does not rely on the run - if anything, the run relies on him. In the 3 games Ben Roethlisberger started and Willie Parker rushed for less than a 3 yard average, the Steelers won all three. In those games, Ben had passer ratings of 105.4, 148.7, and 124.9. He averaged 236 yards in those games, and threw 6 touchdowns versus zero interceptions.

The run to pass ratios are vastly skewed, as the Steelers are a very balanced team in the first quarter or so, but after Ben builds a lead, Cowher sits on that lead (Cowher has lost 1 game in 108 (possibly even more now) attempts after gaining a lead of 11 points at any time in the game). Here are some stats that back up this point:

His QB rating in the first quarter is 144.2.
His completion % in the first quarter is 69.3%.
Nearly 40% of his passing yards come in the first quarter.
Ben Roethlisberger's yards per first quarter: 71
Carson Palmer's yards per first quarter: 62
Peyton Manning's yards per first quarter: 69

Thanks for playing - time go back to your Phins forum now :smile:

CantStop85
09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
The Steelers WON the game, the only real reason he didn't rack up a massive QB rating was that he really didn't complete or throw many passes down the field, most of his passes were shorter completions, so he got less yards.
Really? I thought it was because he was 9/21 with 2 int's...*shrugs*

Tankus_Maximus
09-06-2006, 10:15 PM
SCOREBOARD SAYS: 115.3 WHEN TRAILING!!!

I was going to bring up the game in Dallas, and the game in San Diego, but XTerminator already beat me to the punch. Ohio Fin Fan, if you're gonna bring the smack, at least research it before you let loose your diarrhea of the keyboard.

Ben is in a system, where he doesn't have to carry a team (but he has proven that he can) or be a pass-happy qb. The Pittsburgh Steelers offense is driven by the the system, not the individual. They've gone deep in the playoffs with 3 different QB's, and to 3 AFCC with 2 different QBs, since the turn of this century alone!!. They don't need to be a pass-happy, Playstation-derived offense to win championships. They do so on a dominating run game/o-line, and blistering defense.

I love how CS85, loves to base his assumptions (and that's all they are) on "ifs". "If Carson hadn't gone down we'd burn you down field, If Carson this, If Carson that". Mind you they've played each other with Carson as the starting QB prior to last year!! And we seemed to sweep the season series in '05!! You're running all this smack on a season-split? You win one game against us in our house and now you guys are a dynasty??? I'll admit the fact that the Bengals are a time on the rise, but until they do something, and not end a season with "if", they're still The Steelers' lil brother. The lil brother that we continually kick the crap out of, but every now and then lil brother manages to sneak in a W here and there. Then you never hear the end of it.

Oh yeah, and Chris Henry isn't even better than Lee Mays. Again son, the next time Chad Johnson does something against us, IT'LL BE THE FIRST TIME. Don't avoid that "take", son. Go ahead and directly answer it. Oh that's right, ...you can't.

And no one ever gave Ben any credit for his performance in the Super Bowl, everyone in here is in general agreement that he stunk up the joint. But what's that say about the team? When our field-general can play at his worst, and WE STILL COME OUT ON TOP???

BlackNGold203
09-06-2006, 10:19 PM
:sign07: :sign06:

MattsMe
09-06-2006, 10:29 PM
:sign07: :sign06:

This thread would have been so much better if that was the only reply.

Arguing with people like this is pointless, and only encourages them.

tony hipchest
09-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Don't get all pissy about it, it's just something I heard on ESPN this morning and decided to throw out there because it was somewhat relevant to this "discussion."

I don't believe Big Ben's a bad QB...I think he's very good and is on track to become one of the better QB's in the league (assuming he can avoid any more freak accidents). That being said, Roethlisberger was pretty inconsistent last year...at times he would look like Joe Montana and at others he would look like he was still a rookie. While Ben has made a lot of key plays for the Steelers and has been quite efficient, it is still yet to be seen if he can carry a team by himself ala Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer. Ben has been fortunate enough to not be faced with that kind of situation very often with a rock solid run game and a dominate defense.

I want to see Ben lead the Steelers from behind when they're losing in the 4th quarter...I want to see him run an effective 2-minute drill when his team is down by 7...perhaps this will be the year when he can prove he's the man in Pitt.

i think youre the one getting pissy cause you were clearly proven wrong.

the "other guy" in the mike and mike show who is not golic is mike.

where has carson carried the team by himself (or manning, or brady)? to an 11-5 record? atleast ben has never led his team to 5 losses in a season.

hmmm. a 2nd year player sometines looking like a rookie. please remind us what carson did in his 2nd year.

you want to see ben win in the 4th quarter? try watching some real football rather than that crap you call the bengals. jacksonville, dallas, giants, jets, san diego.

didnt the steelers come back from 10 points down vs. bengals in the playoffs last season? yep. 10 points that a carsonless team put up? yep.

i wanna see the bengals actually make the playoffs more than once and prove that they can win a game before i listen to their fans bogus spew and skewed viewpoints.

good luck with that!

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Maybe Ben doesn't bring the team from behind that often is because he's not behind that often....:dang: BTW where on the ring does it have QB rating ???

Tankus_Maximus
09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Game.

Set.

Match.

OHIO FIN FAN
09-07-2006, 12:34 AM
The only time Little Ben has a good passer rating is when he throws little screen passes that luckily end up being 30 yard gains. Come on now that TD pass that he threw to Hines Ward in the SB was a close his eyes and throw the ball in the air and pray pass. The run game and the receivers are what makes him the QB he is. He is not a good QB, he is a lucky one.

X-Terminator
09-07-2006, 12:57 AM
First of all, my football-challenged friend, that pass was NOT a TD pass. Did you even watch the game at all? And secondly, if all Ben threw were "screen passes that turn into 30 yard gains," then maybe you can explain to me how he led the NFL in yards per pass attempt?

http://www.rotoaction.com/profiles06/keystats-ypa.html

Let's see, that's better than Peyton Manning, better than Tom Brady, better than Carson Palmer, better than Matt Hasselbeck...better than them all. Now how exactly would this happen if all he did was dink and dunk every game?

Moreover, he tied for the league lead in pass attempts per TD:

http://www.rotoaction.com/profiles06/keystats-attemptspertd.html

Got any more hanging curves to hit out of the park?

Hawk Believer
09-07-2006, 01:44 AM
First of all, my football-challenged friend, that pass was NOT a TD pass. Did you even watch the game at all? And secondly, if all Ben threw were "screen passes that turn into 30 yard gains," then maybe you can explain to me how he led the NFL in yards per pass attempt?

http://www.rotoaction.com/profiles06/keystats-ypa.html

Let's see, that's better than Peyton Manning, better than Tom Brady, better than Carson Palmer, better than Matt Hasselbeck...better than them all. Now how exactly would this happen if all he did was dink and dunk every game?

Moreover, he tied for the league lead in pass attempts per TD:

http://www.rotoaction.com/profiles06/keystats-attemptspertd.html

Got any more hanging curves to hit out of the park?

Great site you linked to. Its interesting to look at Ben's stats. He is high in about every QB category. Except for passing attempts; he is dead last there. So I could see how that would skew ratio statistics.

To me that says what we all know, that Ben is on a team that uses the run more than the pass. But it also shows that even though he doesn't throw much, he is very efficient with his passing. A cynic could argue that he has an easier time being efficient because defenses are geared to deal with the run they see more often. I honestley haven't watched enough Steeler games to have an educated opinion about that.

But I think quarterback performance can't be gauged just by looking at throwing stats. That doesn't capture the ability to read defenses, call audibles, and make good decisions. Taking a sack instead of throwing a dangerous pass is not a very sexy thing to follow stat-wise, but its the decisions like that that often can mean the difference between a win or loss. I think its way too early in this guy's career to say he will or won't be considered to be in the upper echelon of NFL quarterbacks when all is said and done. But the dude has accomplished way more than any other young quarterback and has a ton of potential to do even more as he gets even more experience. Who cares how he gets it done, the dude gets it done. 4 losses in 2 seasons with a Superbowl victory? Hell, I would gladly have my Hawks QB recieve the scrutiny, questioning, and disparaging remarks Ben gets if it meant he had achieved the same accomplishments.

X-Terminator
09-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Great site you linked to. Its interesting to look at Ben's stats. He is high in about every QB category. Except for passing attempts; he is dead last there. So I could see how that would skew ratio statistics.

To me that says what we all know, that Ben is on a team that uses the run more than the pass. But it also shows that even though he doesn't throw much, he is very efficient with his passing. A cynic could argue that he has an easier time being efficient because defenses are geared to deal with the run they see more often. I honestley haven't watched enough Steeler games to have an educated opinion about that.

But I think quarterback performance can't be gauged just by looking at throwing stats. That doesn't capture the ability to read defenses, call audibles, and make good decisions. Taking a sack instead of throwing a dangerous pass is not a very sexy thing to follow stat-wise, but its the decisions like that that often can mean the difference between a win or loss. I think its way too early in this guy's career to say he will or won't be considered to be in the upper echelon of NFL quarterbacks when all is said and done. But the dude has accomplished way more than any other young quarterback and has a ton of potential to do even more as he gets even more experience. Who cares how he gets it done, the dude gets it done. 4 losses in 2 seasons with a Superbowl victory? Hell, I would gladly have my Hawks QB recieve the scrutiny, questioning, and disparaging remarks Ben gets if it meant he had achieved the same accomplishments.

Yes, a cynic could argue that it's easy to be efficient when you're in a run-oriented offense, but I would counter that with the fact that the majority of his pass attempts and yards are in the first half, when the Steelers are trying to build a lead, and then take the air out of the football in the second half, run the ball and kill the clock. On top of that, when Ben does throw, he likes to throw the ball downfield - he was also the league leader in yards per completion:

Roethlisberger - 14.2
Brady - 12.3
P. Manning - 12.3
Bulger - 12.0
Hasselbeck - 11.8
Palmer - 11.1

And keep in mind, he missed 4 games due to injury last year, so his numbers would have been better, at least in terms of TDs and yards. So even though he doesn't throw a lot, he takes risks and throws downfield - and is pretty darn efficient at doing so. But you're right - the bottom line is that no matter how he gets it done, he has gotten it done much more often than he hasn't, and I think he's proven that he is one of the top QBs in the league at such a young age.

Mosca
09-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Don't get all pissy about it....

Not gettin' pissy, just asking you to be more rigorous in your argument. Quoting radio morons won't do it, source material is where it's at.

And the other guy inventing a substitute reality and defining it as "fact", well, I guess there's no reason to play the games any more, we can just turn to him for the facts.

Tom

bigbensgirl7
09-07-2006, 08:22 AM
The only time Little Ben has a good passer rating is when he throws little screen passes that luckily end up being 30 yard gains. Come on now that TD pass that he threw to Hines Ward in the SB was a close his eyes and throw the ball in the air and pray pass. The run game and the receivers are what makes him the QB he is. He is not a good QB, he is a lucky one.
It is very evident that one of two things is going on here.
1. You don't watch the Steelers very often and you rely on reading stats
2. You know nothing about football
I'm going to assume that #1 is the awnser and help you out a little. Like already stated many times, the Steelers are a team that comes out passing and takes the early lead. Once we have that lead, we control the clock, wear down the opposing defense by pounding the ball down their throught and protect our lead (During the Cowher era, the Steelers have only lost one game when leading by 11 or more and tied in one and won
100+...I think that is a pretty good indicator of what kind of team the Steelers are) also see below because it appears like you conviently missed this post, which again proves what type of team the Steelers are and what Ben is capable of.

:sigh:

Another worn out 'Ben relies on the run' argument brought by someone who obviously knows very little about his own team, and even less about the Steelers.

Ben does not rely on the run - if anything, the run relies on him. In the 3 games Ben Roethlisberger started and Willie Parker rushed for less than a 3 yard average, the Steelers won all three. In those games, Ben had passer ratings of 105.4, 148.7, and 124.9. He averaged 236 yards in those games, and threw 6 touchdowns versus zero interceptions.

The run to pass ratios are vastly skewed, as the Steelers are a very balanced team in the first quarter or so, but after Ben builds a lead, Cowher sits on that lead (Cowher has lost 1 game in 108 (possibly even more now) attempts after gaining a lead of 11 points at any time in the game). Here are some stats that back up this point:

His QB rating in the first quarter is 144.2.
His completion % in the first quarter is 69.3%.
Nearly 40% of his passing yards come in the first quarter.
Ben Roethlisberger's yards per first quarter: 71
Carson Palmer's yards per first quarter: 62
Peyton Manning's yards per first quarter: 69

Thanks for playing - time go back to your Phins forum now :smile:

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Rack 'em!

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 09:25 AM
He's a lucky one? Wow. Just when I thought my definition of ignorance couldn't get any worse, you go and prove me wrong. How the hell do you only lose 4 games in two years..and consider that luck??

SteelerFanInCA
09-07-2006, 01:26 PM
When you guys have a perfect season let me know. LETS GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Perfect season = Super Bowl Title

It doesn't get any more perfect than that. (Well maybe 5 of them)

SteelerFanInCA
09-07-2006, 01:28 PM

I guess you didn't see last years Monday night game against The Chargers.

SteelerFanInCA
09-07-2006, 01:33 PM

I guess our defense would not have made any adjustments either, right? :rolleyes:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-07-2006, 01:54 PM

You my friend are "The Tool"
of the day.

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I would agree with Black & Gold there.

Remember, the Steelers' running game wasn't working all that well during the historic run through Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Denver. So, they put their trust in Roethlisberger. They came out passing in all three games, and all he did was ring up the fourth-best three-game playoff passer rating (125.8) in NFL history.

Behind some guys named Montana, Simms and Aikman. (credit SI)

83-Steelers-43
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM
OVERRATED

Tankus_Maximus
09-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I would agree!

X-Terminator
09-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Yes sir!

Tankus_Maximus
09-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Taz could've had 2 picks tonight!! Aw well...a great defensive performance!! Good thing I started the boys on my fantasy teams!!

MattsMe
09-08-2006, 12:32 AM
HA, I told you fans from other teams thought this as well. :dancing:

Yep, having a fan as intelligent and well informed as OHIO FIN FAN definitely makes the opinion more legitimate. :dang:

Tankus_Maximus
09-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah...he hasn't been around since that post, huh?

My son CS85 has been awful quiet too. I would too if I couldn't back up my smack.

Mosca
09-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Well that ends this discussion.

Bring on another chew toy, we seem to have ripped the arms and legs off this one and destroyed the squeeker.

Tankus_Maximus
09-08-2006, 09:51 AM
lmfao @ chew toy. Next up! Jacksonville! Man, that's gonna be a toughie. I respect the hell outta them.

Milkman
09-09-2006, 12:46 PM

Yeah, Palmer would have completed 65 yard passes for the rest of the game.:dang:

Oh yeah, the Bungles were undefeated in all their games that Palmer started last year too.:dang:

You sure know it all.

Tankus_Maximus
09-09-2006, 07:32 PM
According to Bungles fans though Palmer throws for 400 yds EVERY game, with 0 INT.

That's fine though, he & Peyton can compare stats together, and admire our 5 Lombardis.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-09-2006, 08:00 PM

:dang: I hate stupid people!

Tankus_Maximus
09-09-2006, 09:11 PM
I know exactly how you feel. After educating all the mentally-challenged Bengals, Pats, Raiders, Fins fan in here, I'm seriously considering a career in educating the mentally-handicapped. I've built a serious tolerance & patience with the trolls in here, and after dealing with the likes of CS85 & OFF, the mentally-handicapped will be a breeze!!

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Dolphins losing to the Bills 10-0 at halftime? Ouch.

Petesburgh66
09-17-2006, 03:17 PM
I finished watching the Bills and Dolphin game. The Bills owned them for the entire game.

Dolphin fans need to come back down to reality and ingore the pre-season press clippings. After two games, Culpepper is not playing smart football right now, regardless if the O-line is not up to par. Their secondary is awful. Their run D is not doing the job.

Therefore, the smack from fin land has gone into the fetal position.

SteelCzar76
09-17-2006, 04:28 PM

"Fortune",.... more often than not......favor's BALLS. And our's are MADE OF STEEL. If you do the math that equal's..... World Championships. But i think the better question is,......."MuthaF$ckA can you buy that ?" LOL

"Hail Caesar,.......Hail the Black and Gold"

Big D
09-17-2006, 08:04 PM
so i'm moving to cleveland... is this the type of shit i should expect there?

Justin Otstott
09-18-2006, 02:29 PM

Fact??? LMFGDAO :sofunny: Do you know what the word "fact" means?