PDA

View Full Version : Y-Towns Game Theory

Y-townFinFan
09-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I'd like to begin by thanking all of those who replied to me first two threads. I learned alot about the Steelers and their fans. While I don't think anyones opinion is wrong, I do think that they were varied as to Fans with Steelers glasses on, to fototball fans in general who see the whole picture. None of which is a bad thing!!!:bouncy: At least noone told me to leave your site as the enemy! I'm a huge NFL fan first, but a hardcore Fins fan for 36 years and I am greatfull for everyones input.

Now for my Theory Of The Game!!!! (please take all with a grain of salt)

This game is in your house, coming off a SuperBowl win. The fans will be unbelievable and loud. Which bye the way has been that way for decades! It looks bad for the Fins!!

Just what the doctor ordered. Since the NFL started the Thursday Opening, the home team has won each time, but that will change tomorrow, Sept 7. The Steelers are overrated!:boxing: Got your attention now I take it!

Willie Parker, outside of five games against bad defenses, was a bad runningback, and not worthy of a top three round fantasy pick all this year. He's small (for a starter) and won't last half a season before hitting the injury list. His BIG problem is that he isn't playing the Browns this week, He's playing the Dolphins, who have a huge D-Line. While Pitts O-line is good, you can't move the immovable.:bouncy:

Batch is a nobody QB who can't even start for the Lowly Lions, so get a grip on reality. He beat Green Bay and Cleveland last year, which your local High School team could have done. Please do not put your hopes in his arm, because you might as well have Maddox back.

Hines Ward is a GREAT player, period. Even he can't carry this passing game with Batch throwing the rock.

Heath Miller is a future Pro Bowler and will make some noise.

On Defense, a great front seven, then a sinkhole. Without a doubt, the Steelers biggest weakness, and Miami WILL exploit this. Culpepper will rise from his issues and make the Steelers pay, Bank on it:blurp:

As far as coaching, noone should ever doubt Cowher, he's a HOF inductee for sure. I hope all of you can attend his induction ceremony, it's a great thing to be apart of (I took my son to Marino's). Great time! Anyway, Malarky and Capers have a clue here, I'll let you figure this part out.

Dolphins Passing game- This will surprise everyone, and win the game!!!!!

Running game- This will disappoint FIN fans due to the Steelers front seven, but will outgain Parker by 25 yards.

Ya'll know about Chambers, McMicheal, Booker, Welker and the rest, no need to get into detail. The question is, CAN YOU STOP THEM! I doubt it:busted:

Defense- Will prove to be better than yours, all around. Phins get 4 turnovers and five sacks, game over!!!

Final score Dolphins 31 Steelers 13

Remember, Take with a grain of salt, I'm not a furtune teller, just havin fun!

I Pray that everyone has a good time during the game and all our players can stay healthy for the next game.

Good Luck to all of you this season, and in life, may the best team WIN:bouncy:

Y-Town

clevestinks
09-06-2006, 08:49 PM
I liked you up until the prediction.

GOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo Steelers!

Miami is on thier way up, I agree.

Steelers are already there. Steelers 27 dolphins 10. And I`m going to Shulas high school alm maters game friday.

jaysta
09-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Before the floodgates open up, let me throw in my two cents...just 'cause I love an intelligent debate. I'll give you the fact that Parker is small and he really did only have a few big games last year. But he is the featured back and we like to run....alot! That Miami "D" will wear down and he'll capitalize late in the game. As far as Miami's passing game? Unless Culpepper can throw from his back, he's in for a really long night. (Watch Peyton's performance in last year's playoff game against Pittsburgh for reference.) As far as tight ends and receivers go... unless they can pick up Culpepper's fumbles, they won't see much action. We're solid on special teams coverage, but there's always a big run back early in the season, so there's one TD for you. I actually do think Ronnie Brown will get in for a score though, maybe even two, he's big and strong...but it just won't be enough. Pittsburgh-24 Miami-21.

SteelCityMan786
09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Ok so Y-Town what makes you think you'll win by 18. That is a BIG MISTAKE PREDICTION MY FRIEND. The Steelers don't lose easy at home. You have to come out and take chances all the time. With as noisy as the crowd will be, Daunte will have his whooping he should have had last year. The D is just too tough in my opinion. Batch will be great while Ben is recovering from his appendectimy.

Steelers win by 2 Touchdowns
27-13.

Don't worry Y-Town, there is still time after this game to make up lost ground.

Y-townFinFan
09-06-2006, 09:04 PM
I love it!! Keep it coming! Remember it's all in fun and mean no bad feelings toward anyone, just good football talk. LAY IT ON ME:blah:

43Hitman
09-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Quote: "Final score Dolphins 31 Steelers 13"

That score is laugable. I'll take it with a case of salt lmao.

If the Dolphins do win (and that's a big IF) it damn sure won't be by 18 points. You do realize that Ike Taylor was able to shut down Chad Johnson in 3 games last year, and Marvin Harrison minus one play in 2 games right?

Chambers: Good reciever not great. Hines is a better overall player and our coaching staff isn't going to ask hines to carry the passing game. That's not how they operate.

McMichael: Better than average, but in Mularky's offense he won't do nearly as much as your used to seeing from him. Trust all Steeler fans when we tell you that Mularky is not the answer for your offensive questions.

Mularky & Caper: Can the students really best the teacher? I doubt it.

Booker, Welker and the rest: Who???

4 turnovers and 5 sacks: Dude, you can't be serious right? That is one of the top offensive lines your "big D-line" is going up against. No way in hell they are getting 5 sacks on that line(not even with Rob Johnson as qb would that happen).

Well in closing I will say this. I think Miami is a good team, maybe even a contender, but some of those predictions are on Mars. We, as Steeler fans, really appreciate it when fans from other teams come on our board to talk in a civil manner. So thanks for your class.

Final Score: Steelers 24 Fins 20

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-06-2006, 09:28 PM
4 turnovers and five sacks? What you smok'in in Y Town? Must be the good stuff!

SteelCityMan786
09-06-2006, 10:08 PM

He's on Crack and weed.:sofunny:

stillers4me
09-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Y-Town......you're alright. You also wrong.........but you're alright!

Stlrs4Life
09-06-2006, 10:50 PM

From what I hear in Y-Town, they have the best crack!:busted:

BlackNGold203
09-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Y-Town......you're alright. You also wrong.........but you're alright!

LOL...I like Y-town......:cool: :cool:

Steelers...17-6......:bouncy: :bouncy:

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-06-2006, 11:24 PM
From what I hear in Y-Town, they have the best crack!:busted:

Sorry your mistaken ... from that prediction it PROVES they have the best crack!! :sofunny:

STep away from the pipe.... STEELERS 23 fishies 13

shevdog
09-07-2006, 12:35 AM
31-13? 31 against a not-so-weakened Steelers defense. I question of the Dolphins offense is that good to get 31 on the Steelers.

My prediction is that it will be a close game, with the team that makes the least mistakes taking the win. (I know, I tend to say that for a lot of games, yet then again it happens often with the Steelers).

The Steelers are riding on a lot of emotion, so with ben out, I think that is enough to get the Steelers to slide in a victory. I do however agknowledge the Dolphins as a rising team. I'd love to see them knock out the Patsies from the top spot in the AFC East!

Good luck Tuna.

paw-n-maul-u
09-07-2006, 12:46 AM
This contest isnt even going to be close ... really people ... the dolphins late season "streak" was about as impressive as ... well ... let me just sum it up for you...

...on cold pizza today they were comparing the opponents winning percentages of the steelers 8 game streak and the dolphins 6 game streak ... dolphins opponent average winning percentage was around .350...but that included the Tom-Bradyless patriots and Chargers that had LT with CRACKED RIBS ... those two teams alone combined for more victories than the other 4 ... and i mean both teams were basically without their two best players (yes LT played but if anyone in hear had them on their fantasy team I'm sure they know how affective he was with his cracked ribs ... they also probably came dangerously close to winning their league championship but then didnt) ... on the other hand,the steelers opponents percentage was like 580 ... and thats WITH the detroit lions in there ... I think people are giving this dolphins team way too much hype

... yes they added culpepper and thats huge ... but look what we did to manning,hassleback,and plummer in the playoffs...not to mention culpepper wont be as elusive and the miami o-line is like wet toiletpaper ... we have the best front 7 in football on defense and that alone will give us the W.

Steelers 20-13

paw-n-maul-u
09-07-2006, 12:49 AM
oh and another thing ... y-town ... didnt you do a little comparison of secondary to secondary ...rb to rb yesterday ... i specifically remember all but like 2, being in favor of the steelers ... AND YOU WROTE IT!!! ... and somehow that produces at 31-13 victory for the stupid fish? ... i think you really are smoking some crack

Petesburgh66
09-07-2006, 01:19 AM
Pittsburgh's secondary a sinkhole? Then Miami's is the bottom of the Grand Canyon in comparison. Last time I checked, only one starter from last year is back for Miami's secondary. Good luck gelling this early in the season.

Dook
09-07-2006, 11:59 AM
They're sooo lucky Ben's out.

clevestinks
09-07-2006, 12:03 PM
I will not use Charlie Batch as an excuse. I still feel we have enough fire power, and a stingy enough defense to control this game. Steelers 27, fins 10. Miami is still a year away!

tony hipchest
09-07-2006, 02:26 PM
i keep hearing how mularkey and capers give the dolphins such a huge advantage. the steelers know them as well as they know the steelers. this is essentially a wash other than the slight advantage of the steelers players being familiar with their coaches for 3 years. miamis players are still adjusting to some new schemes. however this should be one of the best chess matches of the year. the only question is if miami is in "check" in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter.

the miami tackles are gonna have a tough time blocking the steelers pass rush, and especially their league leading exotic blitz schemes. they may need to keep a te and hb in to help block which enables the steelers to double down on the wr's and eliminate any hot reads. many times the steelers could just send for and clog the passing lanes leading to an int. culpepper has the same qualities as ben. can scramble and make things happen on the move. he wont have too much time to do either and he wont be as quick on the run in years past.

the steelers offensive gameplan wont change as much with batch in there. one thing they may do to counter him not being as mobile as ben is to get the ball out of his hands quicker with some seam routes to miller or swing passes to willie. a good move would be several of these early to soften the middle and open up both the running game and the potential for a deep threat.

Petesburgh66
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM
So who has the sinkhole at secondary? Boo yaa. told you so.

nicesteel4life
09-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Well you were close Y-town, Just had the numbers on the wrong side, Better luck another day....Looks like no major injuries on either side.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-08-2006, 12:29 AM
I had the 10 point difference right...:bouncy: