PDA

View Full Version : The Fish are ready

Patssuck456
09-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Good article on how prepared Miami is..
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...l/15454184.htm

BE PREPARED
The Dolphins have been preparing for the curtain to go up on this season since coach Nick Saban started studying the Steelers in March when the game was scheduled. He stuffed his laptop's hard drive with Pittsburgh information in June and took it with him on vacation.
By the middle of last month Saban had seen every snap the Steelers ran last season.
Every one.
Some of those, particularly the trick plays, he watched repeatedly.
When Miami's preseason began Aug. 12 and the schedule said Jacksonville was the first opponent, the Dolphins ignored the Jaguars and the game that didn't count, and concentrated instead on the Steelers and the game they couldn't discount.
''You're out there working in practice and all of a sudden it hits you that, hey this is exactly what Pittsburgh runs,'' linebacker Channing Crowder says. ``You realize right there the coaches are getting us ready for the opener. Everyone recognizes it and kind of smiles because we know we're going to be ready.''
They believe they cannot be more ready now. Defensive end David Bowens says he cannot remember any time this team has been as prepared for a game.
''We are prepared,'' the five-year Miami veteran defensive end says confidently. ``We are really prepared.''
But Pittsburgh's quarterback change altered things somewhat for the Dolphins.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-06-2006, 11:58 PM
I hope they realize there will be 15 other games to get a chance at a win!!!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-07-2006, 01:06 AM
I hope they realize there will be 15 other games to get a chance at a win!!!

Has anyone told Nick-a-nator that the superbowl isn't played in week 2??? :coffee:

ExtonSteelFan
09-07-2006, 08:47 AM
They can study our plays all they want, but the real key is execution. This isn't meant to downplay the fins at all and I realize how tough this game could be.

BlackNGold203
09-07-2006, 08:51 AM
they THINK they're ready........:cool: :cool:

tony hipchest
09-07-2006, 10:20 AM
what a novel idea! preparing for an opponent. i wonder when the other 31 coaches will figure this out?

BlackNGold203
09-07-2006, 10:24 AM
what a novel idea! preparing for an opponent. i wonder when the other 31 coaches will figure this out?

LMAO.....

yeah...really....think Saban has broken new ground here???

Gee..I hope our staff watched a little film on Miami...oh gosh...I sure hope so!!!

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

klick81
09-07-2006, 10:50 AM
The Steelers are going fishing today :smile:

MattsMe
09-08-2006, 01:42 AM
All that "preparation" didn't pay off. The Flippers flopped.

SteelerFanInCA
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
So much for preparation.

BlackNGold203
09-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Guess they forgot to prepare for Porter...and Polamalu....and Parker...and Miller...and batch...and..and...and....

hardwork
09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Very impressive win. Miami was on the ropes at the end.

BlackNGold203
09-08-2006, 03:13 PM
maybe Saban should have prepared for how to handle a replay challenge...:sofunny: :sofunny:

Patssuck456
09-08-2006, 03:33 PM
I thought there would actually be some intelligent posts other than this "Nyah Nyah Dolphins suck!" bullshit. Isn't that what this site is supposed to be? a place op talk football? Good game though, I already posted a an eat crow thread(in the smack forum) for myself so you can trash me there.