PDA

View Full Version : Y-Towns Game Theory- Part Two

Y-townFinFan
09-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Hello again Steelers fans!!! Tonight is the beginning of the quest for a trip to SB XLI. I think i've read every worthless article that can be read about this game (I don't take much stock in the so-called experts), I've come to your fan site, my fan site and read even more dumb articles. I would like to thank everyone for not being buttheads, everyone has been great on this site so far, which I didn't expect, as I don't normally go to other fans sites and post.

I've given my opinions in several posts, and I stick by them, but everyones input certainly held merit. Through all my readings I've come to a interesting conclusion that hasn't been mentioned yet. This game seems like a bit of history of a not long ago game. When the Fins played the Texans on opening day, just about everyone had the game in the WIN column before it was played. The Fins lost 21-20. The Steelers are still favored, their fans are extremely confident (as you should be) and it seems, in my opinion, that the Fins may get overlooked alittle by the Steelers. I just get this vibe that the Steelers players think that they are unbeatable (based on all the dumb articles) and just have to show up to get this Win.

I actually hope that is the case (key word hope) because I've been disappointed many times thinking that way (which I don't anymore). Whoever plays the best will win, whoever has their minds in the game will play the best and win. While I can't read the players minds, my gut says that the Steelers are looking past this game, maybe as a warmup to the Cincy game down the road.

Anyway, good luck tonight, and may the best team win!!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!:smile:

Y-Town

SteelerFanInCA
09-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Good luck. Go Steelers!!!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-07-2006, 05:58 PM
I don't think anyone on The Steelers are overlooking The Fins. Especially after what happened to Ben, and all the hype Miami has been getting in the off season. I think it will be a close one though. GO STEELERS! SQUISH THE FISH!

stillers4me
09-07-2006, 06:22 PM
While I can't read the players minds, my gut says that the Steelers are looking past this game, maybe as a warmup to the Cincy game down the road.

Any body that knows Cowher and knows this team knows that they take one game at a time. The only thing they are focused on is tonites game against the Dolphins. Period.

tony hipchest
09-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I just get this vibe that the Steelers players think that they are unbeatable (based on all the dumb articles) and just have to show up to get this Win.

Y-Townin 99 the dolphins opened up defeating the sb champs denver. i think this is the last time the defending champs lost their opener (or something like that).

im sure this fact isnt lost on the steelers players. they should show confidince and theyre not about to act scared just cause they dont have their qb. if you didnt notice last year during the playoffs, the steelers (and especially porter) arent afraid of anybody. they expect to, and think they can, beat anyone and everyone. its just in their make up and nature. call it ****iness, call it confidence. most times theyre right

we call it steelers football.

oh, and no opposing teams fans get hated on here as long as they bring it and keep it real. the more the merrier.

MattsMe
09-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Hello again Steelers fans!!! Tonight is the beginning of the quest for a trip to SB XLI. I think i've read every worthless article that can be read about this game (I don't take much stock in the so-called experts), I've come to your fan site, my fan site and read even more dumb articles. I would like to thank everyone for not being buttheads, everyone has been great on this site so far, which I didn't expect, as I don't normally go to other fans sites and post.

I've given my opinions in several posts, and I stick by them, but everyones input certainly held merit. Through all my readings I've come to a interesting conclusion that hasn't been mentioned yet. This game seems like a bit of history of a not long ago game. When the Fins played the Texans on opening day, just about everyone had the game in the WIN column before it was played. The Fins lost 21-20. The Steelers are still favored, their fans are extremely confident (as you should be) and it seems, in my opinion, that the Fins may get overlooked alittle by the Steelers. I just get this vibe that the Steelers players think that they are unbeatable (based on all the dumb articles) and just have to show up to get this Win.

I actually hope that is the case (key word hope) because I've been disappointed many times thinking that way (which I don't anymore). Whoever plays the best will win, whoever has their minds in the game will play the best and win. While I can't read the players minds, my gut says that the Steelers are looking past this game, maybe as a warmup to the Cincy game down the road.

Anyway, good luck tonight, and may the best team win!!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!:smile:

Y-Town

Now why can't other fans of opposing teams write things like this? Good post.