PDA

View Full Version : Losing to the Superbowl Champs.

PhinPhan1227
09-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Ouch. That's what happens when you push it. Miami pretty much collapsed after that.

Other than the second Int and the posession which followed it, Miami played a good game, Pitt just played a better one. No shame in losing to the Champs, but I'm disturbed by Miami's losing it's temper. Steelers D was everything it was advertised to be. You guys have speed to spare. Miami however showed that more than half the starters are new to the team. They looked rough around the edges, where the Steelers were much more polished.

All in all, I would like to see a rematch in the Playoffs. I think we would give you a better four quarters.

Elvis
09-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Nothing wrong with the way the Dolphins played tonight... our Dee is tough as they come and Parker looked pretty good running the rock tonight. Miami will have a good year just give them time to gel..Good luck the rest of the year...GO STEELERS!!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I'd like to see a matchup later also when our team has a chance to also be better...GO STEELERS.... like the sig says:

ngreene15
09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
I was very impressed with the protection Daunte got .... The Dolphins just need some time and they will be a very good team later this year.

I.C. Lights
09-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Looks like the fins are moving in the right direction. Good luck with the div., maybe we'll se yuns in the playoffs!

nicesteel4life
09-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Hey the bright side is Culpeppers rating is just a hair under 50 for the game.
Looked a little like where he left of last year 2 picks, no touchdowns..
Rest of the team looked good except for the two times ZACH got run over by Parker.
Good luck the rest of the year! First win against Miami, last win in Miami.....

Jimmy James
09-08-2006, 12:01 AM
It's nice to see a Dolphins fan I know well has come here and been so classy about the loss. Due to the conduct of the officials, there is a lot of crap being talked at FinHeaven.com right now. I don't think it really reflects the way Dolphins fans feel -- it's just about venting.

I decided not to come around before the game this week because a hypothetical win versus your team without Big Ben just didn't seem like much to crow about. Talking smack and then crowing about it would have seemed like kicking you while your leader was down from surgery, and that just wouldn't have been cool.

I do think it proper that I write this since I came around earlier in the summer talking about this game. I want to congratulate your team on very good play for the first game back and the victory. You certainly earned the victory fair and square, quite apart from the bad calls (for and against both teams) by the officials. Good luck in your season (though not against those Bengals I like to cheer for due to fantasy football connections), and I hope to meet you folks in the playoffs.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
There really isn't anything to cry about. Tell your stupid coach be quicker with his challenges. I know the Fin Fans around here are being cool. But your right the crap that is being said on Fin Heaven is just that crap. Its really sad. I could cry about Ike Taylor not making that play in the endzone or Batch's fumble. But I'm not. I mean if the Steelers make those two plays. The game isn't even as close as 28-17.

Jimmy James
09-08-2006, 12:11 AM
I have a feeling if your defense were in week 4 form instead of week 1 form, Culpepper would have had 4 picks and not 2. Of course, Culpepper might look a lot better than he did in a month as well.

As far as FH goes, I'll understand if any of you feel the need to go swing away at the folks doing their venting. Do try to keep it within the site rules, though. The site is run by a classy group of folks even if some of the members don't necessarily reflect that. It's the moderators and admins who have to clean up any mess.

X-Terminator
09-08-2006, 12:12 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to say it...why is it that every time we win, SOMEBODY complains about the officiating? I mean for crying out loud, Batch gets hit while he was sliding...no call. Clear pass interference against Wilson in the first half...no call. But do you see us bitching about it? Hell no! Even the people in the bar I watched the game in didn't whine and cry about either call. I'm just sick of hearing about this time and time again!

(Not singling you out, Jimmy James - I'm just venting)

Polamalu43
09-08-2006, 12:15 AM
u guys put up a good battler against us but, i still think the pats will win the AFC east and sorry 2 say this but the phins will not make the playoffs this season maybe next year.

Jimmy James
09-08-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to say it...why is it that every time we win, SOMEBODY complains about the officiating? I mean for crying out loud, Batch gets hit while he was sliding...no call. Clear pass interference against Wilson in the first half...no call. But do you see us bitching about it? Hell no! Even the people in the bar I watched the game in didn't whine and cry about either call. I'm just sick of hearing about this time and time again!

(Not singling you out, Jimmy James - I'm just venting)

Let me be clear -- I agree with your take on the two calls above. This is about poor officiating all around, not bad calls against the Dolphins. The officials should have made calling a spotless game a priority in light of the playoffs.

You guys are sick and tired of it because of two things:

1) You folks overcame bad calls against you in the playoffs last year in addition to the ones that went your way. Few remember that or bring it up, and that's a shame.

AND

2) You happened to be the team that played the most games during the stretch of time when the officiating went to hell. You have been exposed to more of it than any other fanbase.

As I said over at FH, good teams rise above bad officiating. By that standard, you guys have the best team there is right now. While you have gotten your share (or if you believe Holmgren more than your share), you guys have also been damaged by a bunch of bad calls and haven't collapsed in the face of that adversity.

X-Terminator
09-08-2006, 12:36 AM
Let me be clear -- I agree with your take on the two calls above. This is about poor officiating all around, not bad calls against the Dolphins. The officials should have made calling a spotless game a priority in light of the playoffs.

You guys are sick and tired of it because of two things:

1) You folks overcame bad calls against you in the playoffs last year in addition to the ones that went your way. Few remember that or bring it up, and that's a shame.

AND

2) You happened to be the team that played the most games during the stretch of time when the officiating went to hell. You have been exposed to more of it than any other fanbase.

As I said over at FH, good teams rise above bad officiating. By that standard, you guys have the best team there is right now. While you have gotten your share (or if you believe Holmgren more than your share), you guys have also been damaged by a bunch of bad calls and haven't collapsed in the face of that adversity.

Yes, you're right. The Troy INT in the Colts game was a prime example of the Steelers being screwed by bad calls in the playoffs - that INT more than likely would have sealed the game and the drama of "The Tackle" and Vanderjagt's missed FG wouldn't have happened. But nobody remembers that, only the SB officiating. Sure, it was on the grandest stage of them all, but that does not diminish the fact that in the Colts game and over the years, the Steelers have had plenty of horrible calls go against them and cost them games (the Bettis coin flip and the 12 men on the field call, anyone?). So we're not going to have much sympathy for any team or their fans when calls go against them.

Mainly though, I'm just upset because it seems that we've become a nation of crybabies, and I have no tolerance for crybabies. Those fans who are bitching need to accept the loss and move on.

OX1947
09-08-2006, 01:05 AM
^cry and whine all they want, there are 5 Lombardi trophies in the Steelers offices and they will be there until the world ends, so suck it for anyone who has a gripe, because nothing will change it......

redst3
09-08-2006, 04:49 AM
I didnt think it was fair to not allow the challenge, but you have to overcome that the way the Steelers did against the Colts last year when they took Troy's int away. I thought the fins played a great game, but believe me I am happy with the outcome.....

stillers4me
09-08-2006, 05:33 AM
The "no crying and whining" policy in Pittsburgh starts from the head down........that means head couch Bill Cowher. He's the reason our guys don't collapse when the calls don't go our way and the reason they prevail when it's all said and done!!

Here's to the classy Dolphin fans at SF.........ya'll come back now, ya hear??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/clinkingbeermugs.gif

BlackNGold203
09-08-2006, 05:59 AM
The "no crying and whining" policy in Pittsburgh starts from the head down........that means head couch Bill Cowher. He's the reason our guys don't collapse when the calls don't go our way and the reason they prevail when it's all said and done!!

Here's to the classy Dolphin fans at SF.........ya'll come back now, ya hear??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/clinkingbeermugs.gif

Agreed...

very refreshing....well done Fin fans...best of luck to all of you and your team!!!!

HometownGal
09-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Yes, you're right. The Troy INT in the Colts game was a prime example of the Steelers being screwed by bad calls in the playoffs - that INT more than likely would have sealed the game and the drama of "The Tackle" and Vanderjagt's missed FG wouldn't have happened. But nobody remembers that, only the SB officiating. Sure, it was on the grandest stage of them all, but that does not diminish the fact that in the Colts game and over the years, the Steelers have had plenty of horrible calls go against them and cost them games (the Bettis coin flip and the 12 men on the field call, anyone?). So we're not going to have much sympathy for any team or their fans when calls go against them.

Mainly though, I'm just upset because it seems that we've become a nation of crybabies, and I have no tolerance for crybabies. Those fans who are bitching need to accept the loss and move on.

Exactly. The Steelers have gotten screwed by bad calls just as much as any other team over the years. Instead of looking back and crying over spilled milk, the Steelers suck it up and move on. Woulda, coulda, shouldas mean nothing after the fact so why belabor what isn't going to change the outcome in any event? The NFL needs to really take a hard look at their officials and put the garbage on the sidewalk.

You Fins fans who have joined us this week have been some of the classiest opponents' teams fans I've seen - hope to see you again in the playoffs and good luck in the remainder of the season! :smile:

Petesburgh66
09-08-2006, 08:11 AM
People need to realize that the officating will never be perfect in a game and crap will happen. You just have the deal with the cards that are dealt and go on.

As for Culpepper, he still looks like he is learning the Dolphins offence. Too many short passes and not enough faith in the O-line.

PhinPhan1227
09-08-2006, 03:39 PM
People need to realize that the officating will never be perfect in a game and crap will happen. You just have the deal with the cards that are dealt and go on.

As for Culpepper, he still looks like he is learning the Dolphins offence. Too many short passes and not enough faith in the O-line.

Credit where credit is due. You guys Defense was throwing some very confusing looks at Daunte. It took the commentators 2-3 plays to figure them out, much less Culpepper. I still think he'll look much better as the year progresses, but it's plain that you guys have a veteran team that is 100% in their scheme. I'm hoping that once Saban gets some consistancy in his Defense that we will be able to do the same thing. Good luck with the rest of the season, and I still hope for a playoff rematch. One thing, you'll have to forgive me for rooting for the Bengals against the PAts. Priorities are priorities afterall. :cool:

stillers4me
09-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Credit where credit is due. You guys Defense was throwing some very confusing looks at Daunte. It took the commentators 2-3 plays to figure them out, much less Culpepper. I still think he'll look much better as the year progresses, but it's plain that you guys have a veteran team that is 100% in their scheme. I'm hoping that once Saban gets some consistancy in his Defense that we will be able to do the same thing. Good luck with the rest of the season, and I still hope for a playoff rematch. One thing, you'll have to forgive me for rooting for the Bengals against the PAts. Priorities are priorities afterall. :cool:

No problem.....with the entire Steeler Nation rooting against them, the Bungles are need all the help they can get!! :sofunny:

Lyn
09-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Sabin coached for Michigan State, I have season tickets there. He makes few mistakes, that *( the red flag toss) will never happen again, he learns quickly.