PDA

View Full Version : Most impressive thing about our 1st win..

Elvis
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM
1. Would have to be DB Ike Taylor shuttin' down Chambers for most of the game...
2. Willie Parker showing alot of patience tonight that I have never seen him have before..
3. and finally... Charlie Batch 15-25 over 200 yards and 3 TD's are you kiddin' me? AWESOME BABY!!!!!

ngreene15
09-07-2006, 11:55 PM
I was most impressed with Willie Parkers tough yards.... Tonight he showed he could carry the load for this team.

Charlie Batch did a good job at managing the game, and he made the big plays when he had to. He had good poise back there.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-07-2006, 11:58 PM
I also was impressed by Willie ...let's hope he can keep that up!! I also liked our resilience the team never wavered, second half was some good old smash mouth football!!

bigbensgirl7
09-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Willie did a great job tonight. I really didn't have any fear in Charlie, I knew he would do fine and get the job done.
This was a great game to prove why we are the Champs!!!!

stillers4me
Thank you, Charlie!!!!!!!!! You made me proud!! (ok, except for that fumble at the 1 yard line........but you're kickin' yourself enough one that one!)

Who dey think gonna stop our D???????????? Yea, baby!!!!

19ward86
im not more impressed with one more than the other, cause everyone had a fantastic game, kind of a ruff start but a great finish.

stillers4me
09-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Very slow start......but once the rust got thrown off.........we were a mean, well oiled machine!!

Tha rock
joey P's 2 sacks and Int for a TD did it for me

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Batch did a great job tonight and our secondary did a great job as well...
Great game...

NV STEELERS 723
09-08-2006, 12:08 AM
I still can't wait till Ben is on the field! Especially vs Cinncy.....who DEY ??? WE DEY! Dumbass Bengals fans!:sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :sign09:

stillers4me
09-08-2006, 12:10 AM
NV Steelers 723........I get the great pleasure of going to work tomorrow with my BENGALS coworkers...............oh yeah!!!

ajs8207
09-08-2006, 12:16 AM
Imagine if Ike catches that ball in the endzone and if Batch doesn't fumble the ball. This game could have been a blowout easily.

WV-SteelerFan
09-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Is Heinz that crappy of a field? I seemed to see Steeler db's slip more than once tonight! (especially Ryan Clark). In the long run, it didn't matter AS THEY KICKED MIAMI'S BUTT!

WAY TO GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Ok this team made me very proud today. They cameout and made a statement tonight. What a great win. To the fans that doubted Willie Parker. I hope he made all of you alittle more comfortable after tonight. This kid is for real and is going to have a great year. I also have to say Batch played a hell of a game tonight. Props to Nate Washington for his first NFL TD catch. Of course Hines Ward was the gamer we all of came to know he is. I also can't leave out Earl "Heath" Miller. The guy seemed to be the forgotten man out there tonight and then boom. The Fins defense fell a sleep on Miller on that play.

Finally the Steelers defense shut down Ronnie Brown all night. They forced a couple turn overs. For those who worried about Joey Porter letting his contract effect his play. Well after two sacks and a INT for a TD. I think he quited those concerns. I say early an NFL Defensive player of the Year. I hope his contract is reworked. The guy was huge tonight.

What a great win. Steelers Nation just imagine the WR's with Ben at the helm. No offense to Mr. Batch. He played great. But Ben will make our offense really special with these WR's and of course with Willie Parker back there.

Petesburgh66
09-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Impressed with Nate Washington. Ben has another weapon to play with.

NV STEELERS 723
09-08-2006, 12:23 AM
I don't think #7 would have missed any passes tonight....he's just that smooth!..........why do these idiots keep picking the Colts and Pats in the AFC????????????

stillers4me
09-08-2006, 12:24 AM
I liked the little smooch on the cheek Porter gave his beloved coach......!!! :sissies:

Steeltoes
09-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Willie showed everyone something tonight! The D made some great plays, but did give up a few big ones.Overall a win over a Miami team that some say have a chance at the Superbowl is a good start to the season.With a backup QB at that.

nicesteel4life
09-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I would say the fact that we played as a TEAM!!!
We were made underdogs by the media with Ben out...We feed on it and came back with 7 minutes left in the game down by 3....And win win by 11. Thats SMASH MOUTH football. So my vote goes to the WHOLE TEAM!

dhosmer
09-08-2006, 12:52 AM
my vote is for the defense looking tough against the run and living up to their reputation.

Koopa
09-08-2006, 12:55 AM
willie parker suprised me the most, he finally did something against a pretty good defense...... batch pissed me off for the most part, just being passive, he could've hit wilson on that one sack, he could've hit holmes but pumped fake for no reason and then threw it behind him, then the fumble...his stats look nice but i was not happy with him at all.......the defense was good in the clutch for the most part, ike was letting chambers get to much down the stretch.....they need to stop overpersuing though, that was pissing me off

X-Terminator
09-08-2006, 12:57 AM
Deleted.

TP43
09-08-2006, 12:58 AM
I have to agree with nice. We came together when it mattered most and got the job done. Our game. Our house. But Batch blew me away tonight. I honestly didn't know he had those capabilities. I was just lookin for him to manage the game and not screw up, as usual.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2006, 12:59 AM
willie parker suprised me the most, he finally did something against a pretty good defense...... batch pissed me off for the most part, just being passive, he could've hit wilson on that one sack, he could've hit holmes but pumped fake for no reason and then threw it behind him, then the fumble...his stats look nice but i was not happy with him at all.......the defense was good in the clutch for the most part, ike was letting chambers get to much down the stretch.....they need to stop overpersuing though, that was pissing me off

Koop, do you need a hug bro? Man you shouldn't be pissed at all man. This was the first game. Plus when you factor in the starters didn't play hardly at all in the pre-season. So you have to factor in the starters getting into the full swing of the NFL game. To come out and to put the smack down on a pretty good team is very nice...not to mention without our starting QB.

This game wasn't even as close as 28-17. With Ike Taylor not controlling that INT in the endzone and Batch's fumble at the goal line made this game closer then it should have been. But we won so be happy and enjoy it.

Koopa
09-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Koop, do you need a hug bro? Man you shouldn't be pissed at all man. This was the first game. Plus when you factor in the starters didn't play hardly at all in the pre-season. So you have to factor in the starters getting into the full swing of the NFL game. To come out and to put the smack down on a pretty good team is very nice...not to mention without our starting QB.

This game wasn't even as close as 28-17. With Ike Taylor not controlling that INT in the endzone and Batch's fumble at the goal line made this game closer then it should have been. But we won so be happy and enjoy it.

i just don't want to sound satisfied, you got to look for the negatives to get better, and since everyone just wants to focus on the good i thought i'd bring out what we need to work on.....so no hug needed lol

83-Steelers-43
09-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Most impressive in my book.....

Willie Parker showing he's capable of going the distance and looking better and stronger late in the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2006, 01:08 AM
i just don't want to sound satisfied, you got to look for the negatives to get better, and since everyone just wants to focus on the good i thought i'd bring out what we need to work on.....so no hug needed lol

I was just kidding with you about the hug. Its just you remind me of my brother. He is always pointing out the negatives. Not saying your wrong about that. Your right we can always improve. I just like to enjoy the win and then reflect on the improvement we can make. But you do make some good points. Anways later bro and always enjoy chatting with you bro.

Polamalu43
09-08-2006, 01:31 AM
1. Would have to be DB Ike Taylor shuttin' down Chambers for most of the game...
2. Willie Parker showing alot of patience tonight that I have never seen him have before..
3. and finally... Charlie Batch 15-25 over 200 yards and 3 TD's are you kiddin' me? AWESOME BABY!!!!!

1.CB makin his name known as 1 of the best back up QB's in the league.
2. Fast willie parker making his mark with the NFL as the work horse for this team.

klick81
09-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Charlie, Ike, Porter, Polamalu, Willie....YEAH BABY!!!!!!!! These guys made me proud today :smile:

Jimmy James
09-08-2006, 03:47 AM
1.CB makin his name known as 1 of the best back up QB's in the league.

I'd slow down on that one. He did a good job of limiting his mistakes and managing the game, but there are a lot of very good backups in this league who have done it for more than one game in the last who knows how many years.

Off the top of my head, I'd cite:

1) Garrard
2) Schaub
3) Frerotte

Midnightwriter07
09-08-2006, 05:03 AM
I think Batch impressed me the most tonight as well, I could see Parker getting some yardage and our D playing the run tough as always... those are things that you kind of expect and should happen each week.

But Batch throwing 3 TD's and 0 INT's... as a back up and short notice against supposedly one of the better and faster D's in the league was pretty good. He made very good decisions throwing the ball away and getting out of the pocket and making a few things happen. He made some mistakes, but he is the back up and Culpepper made a few more than Batch did... so to me he was the most impressive just because i didnt expect that from him at all. If we were going to score, i thought would be on Reed's FG's and a few Parker runs he would pull when they loaded up the box.

Porter was also outstanding on the defensive side of the ball but the whole front 7 did absolutely great getting pressure on Culpepper and shutting down the run. Browns TD's were gimme's due to failures elsewhere not attributed to them.

Elvis
09-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Jimmy James... what is a Dolphin fan still doing in here unless he is congratulating us on our win?
All 3 of those backup QB's are exactly what you and everyone else has said.. Backups.. just like Batch...Frerotte have never been much more than a back up and Schaub hasnt had his chance YET... his time is coming but probably not in Atlanta.. as for Gerrard? Are you kiddin' me? what has he done? Nothing... Jimmy you need to go to NFL.com and find out your information before trying to tell us who is better than Batch as our backup QB.. who in the NFL would Not want to have a proven backup like Charlie on their sideline? So, now it is time for the Dolphins fans to go home .....

Justin Otstott
09-08-2006, 07:52 AM
the one thing that was impressive to me would have to be the way our team played in the 4th!!! We was that great and thats all I can ask for...but wow what a game that was last night!

BlackNGold203
09-08-2006, 07:58 AM
I'd slow down on that one. He did a good job of limiting his mistakes and managing the game, but there are a lot of very good backups in this league who have done it for more than one game in the last who knows how many years.

Off the top of my head, I'd cite:

1) Garrard
2) Schaub
3) Frerotte

I'll take Charlie over Ford City Gus any day.....:cool: :cool:

Jimmy James
09-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Jimmy James... what is a Dolphin fan still doing in here unless he is congratulating us on our win?
All 3 of those backup QB's are exactly what you and everyone else has said.. Backups.. just like Batch...Frerotte have never been much more than a back up and Schaub hasnt had his chance YET... his time is coming but probably not in Atlanta.. as for Gerrard? Are you kiddin' me? what has he done? Nothing... Jimmy you need to go to NFL.com and find out your information before trying to tell us who is better than Batch as our backup QB.. who in the NFL would Not want to have a proven backup like Charlie on their sideline? So, now it is time for the Dolphins fans to go home .....

I was actually here before this week, and I'll be here whenever I damned well please, thank you very much.

Of course they're backups. Did you read what I said above? The point is that calling Batch one of the best backups in the league after one game is pretty ridiculous. He did what a decent backup is supposed to do, but that's not enough to elevate him to elite status as a backup (if you even believe there can be such a thing as an elite backup).

tony hipchest
09-08-2006, 12:52 PM
I was actually here before this week, and I'll be here whenever I damned well please, thank you very much.

Of course they're backups. Did you read what I said above? The point is that calling Batch one of the best backups in the league after one game is pretty ridiculous. He did what a decent backup is supposed to do, but that's not enough to elevate him to elite status as a backup (if you even believe there can be such a thing as an elite backup).

ummm batch has played alot more than 1 game in the nfl. probably more than the 3 you named combined. he is one of the best back ups out there, especially when his services were relied upon in a super bowl run AND title defense. that doesnt mean that gerrard, ferotte, or schaub arent right up there too, so i dont think anyone see's what your point is, unless you just want to hate on the qb who sliced and diced your team.

anyways most impressive was going for it early on 4th and 1 and easilly converting. and taking a shot at the endzone on a 3rd and 2. that play was so out of character for the steelers miami never saw it coming and it nearly worked to perfection. (nate washington had to make a hell of a catch rather than a routine one)

Jimmy James
09-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Before last night, Batch had 44 attempts in a Steelers uniform...in three years. Garrard had 168 just last year. Schaub had 64 just last year. Frerotte came in as a backup last year and ended up winning the starting job, putting up essentially a 3000 yard season. He's a backup again this year. The point is evident.

tony hipchest
09-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Before last night, Batch had 44 attempts in a Steelers uniform...in three years. Garrard had 168 just last year. Schaub had 64 just last year. Frerotte came in as a backup last year and ended up winning the starting job, putting up essentially a 3000 yard season. He's a backup again this year. The point is evident.the point is pretty weak. i'll give you frerotte as one of the bests. and throw in greise. you need too look at more numbers than how manny attempts they had last year. lmao! you couldve atleast put completions! how bout those 77 td's and 95 int's for frerotte? nice completion % shaub has huh? a whopping 1808 passing yards for gerrard! bring facts to support your point. not mumbo jumbo.

batch

G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
55 48 1370 770 56.2 9309 6.79 98 50 41 149/834 131 22 76.9

gerrard

17 8 298 168 56.4 1808 6.07 37 8 4 21/120 16 0 77.7

schaub
22 2 134 66 49.3 825 6.16 59 5 4 10/41 8 3 68.8

frerotte
127 79 2635 1426 54.1 18093 6.87 77 95 79 167/1105 248 47 75.3

TexaSteeler
09-08-2006, 09:52 PM
The thing that impressed me the most was Willie Parker's patience and foot work. He had some quick short steps that turned into a burst when he spotted a hole. That reminded me of the bus. I've never seen him do that before.

I'm feeling much better about him.

jaysta
09-08-2006, 09:59 PM
The thing that impressed me the most was Willie Parker's patience and foot work. He had some quick short steps that turned into a burst when he spotted a hole. That reminded me of the bus. I've never seen him do that before.

I'm feeling much better about him.

:iagree:

You are right about his patience. It was very impressive the way that he let his blockers do their job and open up running lanes for him. He never seemed to wait for them last year and I never felt comfortable with his style of running in the Steelers offense. That being said, this year he looks like an NFL running back with his new found patience and steady footwork. I'm not sure if he can handle 30 carries every game, but he can definitely be a featured back if he plays like he did last night.

Stlrs4Life
09-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I was impressed with Willie and Charlie.