PDA

View Full Version : willie the cab

19ward86
09-07-2006, 11:02 PM
willie parker is developing into one of the best backs in the league, now we know he can carrie the ball 25-30 times. id take him over reggie bush right now.

NV STEELERS 723
09-07-2006, 11:17 PM
The reason is our "O" Line.... they are so big that the last person hitting Fast Willie is usually the Safety....We as STEELER fans have gotten used to a big RB running people over, but now we know Willie can run anywhere he wants to...thats what gives him Walter Payton respect....it really does, Willie can catch,run, but blocking like Walter might come with time.......but I think Willie has the tools......any RB with 4.3 speed has to be respected!!!!

nicesteel4life
09-07-2006, 11:36 PM
FIRST 100 yard game of the year
I See many in his future this year!
WAY TO GO PARKER, Prove all them doubters WRONG!

Polamalu43
09-08-2006, 12:28 AM
ill say this now, willie will rush for over 1500 yrds maybe even get 2 1800 thats right folks mark my words.

OX1947
09-08-2006, 01:07 AM
I said it at the beginning of the year, if Willie runs for 1600 yards this year, Steelers will not lose more then 2 games.....Willie ran well and hard on one of the fastest Defenses in the league. If you take away Zack Thomas from that lineup, willie may have had a few 20 or 30 yard runs. I saw it at least 2 times where he was WIDE open after the line of scrimage and then that damn Zack Thomas would make the tackle....

Midnightwriter07
09-08-2006, 01:17 AM
i do love Willie, but is only the first game and playing a whole season and being able to carry that speed and power through the whole year and with the lil nagging injuries that go along with it.. i know tonight we needed him in there, but i would like to see haynes or Staley or Cobbs get inot the mix some. I am not sure that Willie can carry it 30 times a game and last the whole year.. that is hard on any running back. He looked great though and your right about Miami having a pretty good D..so was xtra nice.

klick81
09-08-2006, 02:48 AM
He did an awesome job when we needed to establish the running game. Good job Willie.

paw-n-maul-u
09-08-2006, 07:34 AM
jesus people ... walter payton??? ... taking him over reggie bush??? ... I'll give you that he had a good game but the miami D was pushed around a lot last night and that gave parker some good holes ... I'm not saying it was a bad job, because it was not at all, but simmer down for a second. Next week he'll face argueably one of the best D-lines in the league ... and there isn't a linebacker in the league that I like more than mike peterson (well ... maybe porter for entertainment value) ... Miami's D is pretty good but A TRUE test to parker will be these next 2 out of three games where he is going to see the Chargers and J-ville (both of which were in the top of the league last year against the run)

... I have to give credit where credit is due ... parker had one helluva a game and I liked his patience ... did you guys see how his legs just kept moving even at the point of contact??? you can thank the bussie for that

bengalsfan21
09-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I won't compare him to Payton or take him over Bush.....But all I want is for him to get some TD's lol my fantasy team needs it :busted: