PDA

View Full Version : They have to tackle better.

WWIIOwheelz
09-08-2006, 01:43 AM
I counted at least 5 plays that could've been stopped dead in their tracks (and were, last year) where the receiver wasn't even touched, then went on to gain around 15 - 25 yds. Are the Miami receivers that good, or is the Steelers secondary lacking a step? Am I the only one who noticed that?

X-Terminator
09-08-2006, 01:53 AM
No, they certainly haven't lost a step, it was more overpursuit and being out of position that caused the missed tackles. They need to be more disciplined in that regard - get there quickly, but get there under control. There's no reason for guys like Wes Welker to burn you with YAC.

OX1947
09-08-2006, 02:02 AM
D had one bad drive on them, that first TD was a special teams blunder. I thought momentum was a big part of Miami doing well, had we stomped on them from the beginning, it would have been the 4th quarter throughout the whole game. One thing that i did notice, Miami started to get tired. Willie really took advantage of that and one we got the momentum back, it was like flys on crap for our D....

The JoKeR
09-08-2006, 02:32 AM
Not making any excuses, but it did seem like the field was a little slick as well. There were guys slipping down when they tried to cut all night..

Midnightwriter07
09-08-2006, 02:55 AM
was slick for everyone so cant really use that as a reason.. our secondary did not look particularly good, but that is to be expected... I just wish was a lil better because i think with our FRONT 3 and LINEBACKERS are the best in the business and i get so frustrated sometimes with our secondary. Was about time late in game that Troy started to pick it up and get in front of some of those passes and making plays. Allowing them to catch it in front of you and then making a tackle after they gained 8 yards, then acting like you just made some kind of great play just doesnt do anything for me.

Elvis
09-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Tyrone Carter should have never been involved in a competition for the FS spot or any spot on our team in my opinion... he made so many mistakes last night in missin tackles..the Steelers would be better off lettin Anthony Smith take his knocks and let him play ahead of Carter... he will learn and be a lot better tackler ....

BlackNGold203
09-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Tyrone Carter should have never been involved in a competition for the FS spot or any spot on our team in my opinion... he made so many mistakes last night in missin tackles..the Steelers would be better off lettin Anthony Smith take his knocks and let him play ahead of Carter... he will learn and be a lot better tackler ....

I cant agree..Carter is a good player...had a bad night.....

And it sure seemed that we were slipping way more than they were....

Longer cleats anyone???

stlrtruck
09-08-2006, 08:27 AM
I would sya they definitely need to learn how to tackle. Especially Ike, how many times did he come up make a tackle at the line and dive at the feet of the receiver? Maybe he should take lessons from Anthony Smith!

BlackNGold203
09-08-2006, 08:32 AM
LOL....everyone wants the rookie in there.....

patience people...Davis will have his day...I'll take our veterans for now....

Petesburgh66
09-08-2006, 09:16 AM
I didn't notice to many Dolphin defenders slipping. The Steelers on the hand were slipping all over the place.

And it's early in the season. This was the first game where the D played an entire game and played well when it mattered in the 4th quarter.

DACEB
09-08-2006, 09:36 AM
I found it funny that our players were slipping so much, we should have the advantage in that we are the home team, was it the cleats? Everyone is right our CB's need to tackle much better than that. Overall I thought all the CB's played really well in coverage. I don't think the play at FS was very good, both Clark and Carter need to play better. I would love to see Smith out there, but I trust the coach. Hopefully Smith can pick it up in practice and prove he should be out there, because he would be great alongside Troy. What a difference Porter makes. The starting D looked much much better than preseason.
I also think the D was a little conservative at the beginning not wanting to give up a play with Ben not playing. All in all the D looked very good.