PDA

View Full Version : one STAT knowing is talking about....

Midnightwriter07
09-08-2006, 04:11 AM
One stat that should be pointed out lost in the way of Batches performance, Porters ALL PRO night and Willie's 100 yard game is the one stat that might be the most important one of the game.

I dont know if many people noticed or not, but we only had one penalty for the whole game ... JUST ONE ... and that was on a kick return. ( Harrison's holding on a very good return by Colclough ) No false starts, no off sides, no holding in the secondary, no giving them free plays and allowing them to contuinue drives. I think that is pretty impressive for the players and coaches given that is the first game of year and given that the starters hadnt played alot in the pre season...

Just thought i would point that out

HometownGal
09-08-2006, 06:46 AM
One stat that should be pointed out lost in the way of Batches performance, Porters ALL PRO night and Willie's 100 yard game is the one stat that might be the most important one of the game.

I dont know if many people noticed or not, but we only had one penalty for the whole game ... JUST ONE ... and that was on a kick return. ( Harrison's holding on a very good return by Colclough ) No false starts, no off sides, no holding in the secondary, no giving them free plays and allowing them to contuinue drives. I think that is pretty impressive for the players and coaches given that is the first game of year and given that the starters hadnt played alot in the pre season...

A very good point which I also noticed. Take out the Harrison penalty and the Steelers played a mistake-free game which is yet another positive in their victory last night. Cowher is big on limiting mistakes and the boys came through last night!

Elvis
09-08-2006, 06:54 AM
Yeah.. the Steelers and Cowher are known not to have too many mistakes and when they happen is when we usually dont do good. The Dolphins had a few plays that should have been called that wasnt .... the 1 pass interference that wasnt called and on the Running TD Chambers was holding Ike Taylor and how anyone couldnt see that is bogus... the ref or whatever was standing right there looking at the whole thing and didnt throw a flag... what a joke...

BlackNGold203
09-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Outstanding observation....

We played a very clean game....Silverback's holding call...LOL....THAT was holding...and it should have been called..because it definitely sprung that return....

WV-SteelerFan
09-08-2006, 10:30 AM
...on the Running TD Chambers was holding Ike Taylor and how anyone couldnt see that is bogus...

I thought maybe I was the only one who saw that...

SteelerFanInCA
09-08-2006, 10:41 AM

You are so right. That's interesting because normally during the first week of play you would assume their would just be a ton on penalties on both sides of the ball.

X-Terminator
09-08-2006, 11:15 AM
I didn't notice that until now, but you're right! Mistake-free football is winning football, and it makes it even more difficult to beat a team as talented as the Steelers. I'm sure Cowher was very pleased with that stat, because we all know how much he hates lazy penalties!

Mosca
09-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Re: Harrison's hold. My take was that the hold was also the block that sprung the guy; if Harrison hadn't held, Colclough wouldn't have had that long return.

It doesn't usually happen that way, but Colclough would have been down at the 30, except for the hold.

Tom