PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball, who gets it?

Stlrs4Life
09-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Who gets the game ball?

83-Steelers-43
09-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Willie Parker.

The guy was getting stronger as the game went by. While going up against one hell of a defensive line who KNEW we were going to run it while not having Ben as a threat. That game proved to me that Willie IS taking it to the next level. He impressed the hell out of me last night.

Stlrs4Life
09-08-2006, 10:08 AM
I hear ya 83, that's for sure.

tony hipchest
09-08-2006, 10:30 AM
it has to go to batch for not being tommy maddox, or to maddox for giving up his job to batch.

willie should get it for looking like a smaller, quicker jerome bettis out there in the 4th quarter. i loved how he was getting up after every significant gain with that bounce in his step and headshake that his mentor jerome used to to. the enthusiasm was great and the team will feed off of that, just like they used to with #36.

SteelerFanInCA
09-08-2006, 10:36 AM
I thought Batch should get the ball. That was a hell of a nice pass he threw to Nate for the touchdown. Also, I could see a game ball going to Willie for the yardage he put up and helping to take off some of the pressure from Batch.

Mosca
09-08-2006, 10:42 AM
I picked Batch, but I could just have easily picked Parker.

Tom

Ohio Steeler
09-08-2006, 11:37 AM
I picked Batch, but I could just have easily picked Parker.

Tom

same here I do however think Batch steped up and did just what he had to

HometownGal
09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I shocked myself here - LOL - but I would definitely give the game ball to Charlie Batch. He was basically mistake free, other than that fumbled snap which could have resulted in Fins' points, but the fact remains - it didn't. He was poised, exuberated self-confidence, made some great throws and managed the offense extremely well. When the pressure was on, he didn't fold and either threw the ball away or ran it out of bounds instead of trying to force a play. Those are the main ingredients for a solid QB - he earned my respect and admiration last night. :cool:

PisnNapalm
09-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I too voted for Batch. I hope next week to vote for Ben though.

Jimmy James
09-08-2006, 11:50 AM
It was the timely play of Troy that broke the spirit of the Dolphins. He had two big plays on the series when he made the pick. I'd give him the game ball. Charlie Batch managed the game well and took advantage of subpar Miami secondary play, but he left a lot on the field that a better QB like Ben probably would have taken advantage of. I can't see giving him a game ball over that.

Willie Parker is certainly a candidate for the game ball. He wore out Zach Thomas if nobody else.

bigbensgirl7
09-08-2006, 11:55 AM
This was a tough one, but I gave it to Batch. He proved that we can still win without Ben and his 3 TD performance was great!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-08-2006, 01:35 PM
This was a tough one, but I gave it to Batch. He proved that we can still win without Ben and his 3 TD performance was great!!!

..and add to that his 126.5 passer rating....you have a day like that you GET the game ball!!!

19ward86
09-08-2006, 01:44 PM
whoever didnt vote for batch didnt watch the game. he had a pro bowl type of game, and im proud for batch to play for us.

Prosdo
09-08-2006, 01:47 PM
I went with Batch. He stepped it up and got the job done.

83-Steelers-43
09-08-2006, 01:48 PM
whoever didnt vote for batch didnt watch the game. he had a pro bowl type of game, and im proud for batch to play for us.

I really don't believe that's fair to say. I was at the game and I thought both played very good. For those who voted for Parker are not denying that Batch stepped up and played a good game.

I gave Parker the edge simply because some had doubts (which was understandable to a degree) with his toughness and ability to pick up the hard yards. As I stated in my original post on this thread, I thought he proved all the doubters wrong in that game and is taking his game to the next level.

For those who chose Batch....great choice. It could go eitherway when all is said and done IMO.

Lefturn
09-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Batch but everyone played great

clevestinks
09-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Damn tough choice! So many big time players last night.

But a sack, a pick and a TD. Plus he sets the tone.

JOEY PORTER

clarient
09-08-2006, 08:44 PM
I am way proud of how Batch performed - I think he did a great job and stepped up quite nicely.

Midnightwriter07
09-08-2006, 08:58 PM
I love Parker ... but he had 30 carries .. I think he did what was expected. IMO he should have 100 yards every game, given his speed .. his attempts and given the line that is in front of him. I really do expect him to have more yards than he did last year hands down. Miami does have one of the quicker front 7 in the league and it wasnt easy by any means... I think that is only reason he wasnt able to have a few more 30 yard gains. I haveto go with batch just for the fact that If i didnt see game or pay attention and i saw that the Steelers QB threw 3 TD's with 0 INT's and a few hundred yards... i would not have known that it wasnt Ben in there.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Everyone else on that list did what there expected to do every week....Batch came in and played for Big Ben and had a load of pressure on him... He managed a great game..

SteelCityMan786
09-08-2006, 10:38 PM
The Whole team

They played well. Down 3 The team didn't panic and what do ya know. They Win.

shevdog
09-08-2006, 10:45 PM
They all did great. I'd give the game ball to Porter, for stepping it up and nailing down the win.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-10-2006, 01:24 AM
I don't know where to start since I'm still making my way back home from the game. The Steel City was rockin'.

I have to go with Parker in a photo finish. Batch proved that it is going to take more than one blow to put out the Candle. Did anyone else hold their breath on that scramble?

But Parker's lack of earlier success caused me to question his effectiveness about one play before he 'broke out' as if he were shutting more than a few poeple up.

Bottom line. His numbers do not lie and that is with Ben on the sidelines. The 16-game story has yet to be told.

BUT!!! THAT BLOCK by Verron on the first touchdown pass to Nate has got to be one of the top plays of the game. The TD would never had happened. Dolphin player made a nice move to the open gap and Verron not only made the block but flat out bounced his ass back fractions of a second before Batch made that throw. Anyone who has it taped should review it because it is a beauty.

I spent far too much time looking for Reid - not sure what is inside Santonio's head. Carter - wtf was that.

For the record I was very relieved that Gardocki is getting roughly $35,000 more per game than an unproven rookie. The field position game reared its ugly head when first rounder forgot that a touchback gives you the ball on the 20. It may sound like alot of money until a 20 yard shank could have put that epic celebration on dry ice. Dollar wise.