PDA

View Full Version : Nate Washington was wide open!

tony hipchest
09-08-2006, 11:14 AM
and made a great play on a slightly overthrown ball. im glad we showed the same patience with developing this player as we did with the likes of lee mays, will blackwell, etc. theres no shame in cutting 4th round pick fred gibson when we pick a nate washington off the u.f.a. trash heap.

contrary to what alot of opposing fans think, the wr corp we have is strong and has potential to be one of the strongest, and deepest with the development of s. holmes and w. reid.

83-Steelers-43
09-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Said it once: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10120&highlight=Rogers (Post #9)

and I'll say it again.........

No worries with the passing game. We have the weapons. Nate was "Swann like" on that TD catch. Great hands, leaping ability and body positioning on that TD catch.

Tim
09-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah. With Heath in the mix out there we have a nice selection of targets to hit. I love seeing guys like Washington get a chance in the NFL.

I'm a little surprised that we let Quincy go, I thought he was also a good receiver, but you're right with Holmes and Ried in our back pockets, I think we've got plenty of depth at the receiver spot.

tony hipchest
09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
if washington keeps playing like he has recently theres really no reason to keep morgan. (unless we hadnt drafted holmes and reid of course)

SteelerFanInCA
09-08-2006, 12:23 PM
He definitely redeemed himself for that ball he dropped earlier during the game. That was a great catch he made.

HometownGal
09-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I am quite impressed with this young man. :smile: There are endless possibilities for the Steelers' O this season with all of the firepower they have. It's going to be one hell of an exciting season me thinks. :cool:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2006, 02:20 PM
With how impressive the WR's looked last night. Just imagine when Ben is back. This offense has the potential to be very dangerous.

SteelerFanInCA
09-08-2006, 02:23 PM
The passing game should be very exciting to watch this year. Hopefully we can continue to stretch the field.

Midnightwriter07
09-08-2006, 07:08 PM
I am very excited... i dont know who or what or when anyone thought our WR core was not going to be very good ( i am assuming it is people that are not Steelers fans ? ) but adding Holmes and Washington in there IMO makes us one of the better ones. Ward catches everything thrown to him for the most part, Wilson's time will come but he isnt a bad #2 to have and then add Washington and Holmes and Miller... I think we have one of the better ones alright !!

NOW add Dookie to our mix and i think we have a very legitimate shot at taking it to Miami.. Of course Steelers fans think this, but i mean outside of Steelers fans.. there knock has been because of the WR core ( nobody after Ward ) and the fact that we didnt really have anyone other than parker ( who most including myself dont think that he can carry the ball 30 times a game all year and into playoffs without some wear and tear ) so i think now with the addition of Dookie and it being shown that our WR core is talented beyond Ward... i think we put ourselves back up there again... Not for just this year, but With everyone we have ... we are really in a position at this point to be in the mix for the next 5 years at least which makes me very very happy.

And the beautifulthing is ... we will be drafting people who SHOULD have plenty of time to develope and when is thier time to start, will be more than ready to go. With the chemistry we have, i really dont see TROY wanting to play for anyone else nor BEN so you know extensions are coming. McFadden and Ike and Troy and Smith should be a unit that plays together for a long time.

SteelerFanInATL
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Nate did something last night on that TD catch that I have never seen before. Just after C.B. released the ball, Nate took a quick glance in front of him to see where the DB was,
then turned back found the ball and then went up and made the catch. When I saw it on the replay I said to my son "Did you see that"?? I have liked Nate from day one, but that
play showed me this guy has is going to be a good one.

83-Steelers-43
09-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I am very excited... i dont know who or what or when anyone thought our WR core was not going to be very good ( i am assuming it is people that are not Steelers fans ? )

Well, when Quincy was released the world was going to end. Much like when Kuhn was released. :rolleyes:

Then again, the "SIGN ROGERS!!!" thread gives you some idea or the release of Quincy Morgan gives you an idea of what "some" felt about our WR game. Then again, it doesn't just start with some on this board, local media's opinion is also taken into consideration. Being in the state of Illinois, your spared from those opinions.

jaysta
09-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Well, when Quincy was released the world was going to end. Much like when Kuhn was released. :rolleyes:

You mean the world didn't end yet due to a couple of Steelers being released from the team? LOL Relax, that was just something fun to debate about until the season got started. But how about that Nate Washington?!? One game into the season and the guy looked like a super star on that TD catch. Someone asked in one of the threads if he was that good. To answer the question again...yeah, he's that good. :bouncy:

Stlrs4Life
09-08-2006, 10:23 PM
That's for sure Tony.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Ya, im lovin washington

Midnightwriter07
09-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey Hey Hey .. lol ... i wanted to keep Morgan myself... i am not a fan of Morey at all ... i just thought Morgan gave us more and i liked him. I dont recall anyone saying the world was gonna end cause Morgan was released.. just though he was better to keep around than Morey...

i think Morgan got signed in Minnesota... I am glad he caught on somewhere if he did.

83-Steelers-43
09-08-2006, 11:42 PM
You mean the world didn't end yet due to a couple of Steelers being released from the team? LOL Relax, that was just something fun to debate about until the season got started. But how about that Nate Washington?!? One game into the season and the guy looked like a super star on that TD catch. Someone asked in one of the threads if he was that good. To answer the question again...yeah, he's that good. :bouncy:

Oh I'm perfectly "relaxed". I wasn't one of the few on this board ready to take the leap and having zero faith in our passing game. It sort of reminds of the time when a few were ready to state our future was screwed simply because Kuhn and Jacobs were released. Amazing how all is forgotten.

X-Terminator
09-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Oh I'm perfectly "relaxed". I wasn't one of the few on this board ready to take the leap and having zero faith in our passing game. It sort of reminds of the time when a few were ready to state our future was screwed simply because Kuhn and Jacobs were released. Amazing how all is forgotten.

Winning a game in impressive fashion has a tendency to do that...