PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fan here

JBucc
09-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Nice win last night. Cost me $5000(fake dollars) and knocked me out of my survivor league. Anyway on the chiefs board I post on sometimes people bring up the fact that we could have had Polamalu instead of LJ back when we drafted him. Of course now the general concensus is we made the right choice, but back when LJ was rotting on the bench many wanted to trade him and whined about the pick saying we should've gotten a defensive player. The question I have for you guys is if you could go back and switch draft picks, Polamalu for LJ, would you? Also pretend that it would have no effect on the SB win. LJ seems like a perfect Steelers back.

BlackNGold203
09-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Tough call..but we have been built on defense for as long as I can remember.....all things equal..id stick with troy...

welcome to the board...and kick Cincys ass this Sunday!!!

STEELCRTN4EVER
09-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I knew the Chiefs had a fan, just didn't know they admitted it!!!LOL Just kidding JBUCC. I personally would keep Polamalu on my team over LJ.

Are you going to Heinz for the Chiefs game?

JBucc
09-08-2006, 04:50 PM
welcome to the board...and kick Cincys ass this Sunday!!!No Problem!

:crutches: =Chad Johnson after meeting up with Mr. Pollard

Dook
09-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah, that's a tough one. Just don't know. I've seen Troy play a lot, not so much LJ. I only know his stats. Couldn't complain either way.

JBucc
09-08-2006, 04:55 PM
I knew the Chiefs had a fan, just didn't know they admitted it!!!heh...we say the same thing about the Chargers. Or something like it anyway.

83-Steelers-43
09-08-2006, 04:59 PM
While it's not an easy call, I'd take Troy with Willie Parker in the backfield over LJ.

By the way, welcome to the board and it's refreshing having a fan from an opposing team with a loyal fanbase and an old school football organization.

MasterOfPuppets
09-08-2006, 05:05 PM
as much as i'd like to have lj, i'd still have to say troy. its easier to find a high quality running back, than a high quality db.

Stlrs4Life
09-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Nice win last night. Cost me $5000(fake dollars) and knocked me out of my survivor league. Anyway on the chiefs board I post on sometimes people bring up the fact that we could have had Polamalu instead of LJ back when we drafted him. Of course now the general concensus is we made the right choice, but back when LJ was rotting on the bench many wanted to trade him and whined about the pick saying we should've gotten a defensive player. The question I have for you guys is if you could go back and switch draft picks, Polamalu for LJ, would you? Also pretend that it would have no effect on the SB win. LJ seems like a perfect Steelers back.

Tough call, I would love to have LJ, and wanted him then. I'm a PSU fan. Don't know, cause at the time we needed help in the Defensive backfield at the time. And Good Luck on Sunday, hope yas wax the Bengals!

4n2t0
09-08-2006, 05:56 PM
as much as i'd like to have lj, i'd still have to say troy. its easier to find a high quality running back, than a high quality db.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Backs are almost a dime a dozen these days and the Steelers o-line makes it easy to insert anyone back there, similar to the Broncos. Now, find me another player on defense that can do what Troy does? Is he a linebacker? Is he a corner? A pounding safety? Sideline to sideline that hair is all over the field. Troy will make the Pro Bowl an annual event. I love LJ but even Willie, an undrafted free agent rookie, had 1200 yards last year.

irishsteeler76
09-08-2006, 06:01 PM
LJ is great but Troy is redefining the way that his position is played. Is there another safety in the league, past or present, that plays virtually 8 of the 11 defensive positions? NO way, GIMME TROY! and his hair.

SteelerFanInCA
09-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Good luck with the bungals on side. Kick their ass.

stillers4me
09-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Welcome!! Do me a big favor and kick some Bunglebutt!!!

SteelCzar76
09-08-2006, 07:44 PM

I remember that Draft. We were supposedly set to take L.J with the 27th Pick (apparently he thought so as well,.....he was pretty bitter). But everything happens for a reason,....and i think we (Steeler's & Chiefs) both made out very well. I wouldn't change a thing. Troy is a future Hall of Famer (not to mention a Trojan),....and L.J very well could be as well.

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

43Hitman
09-08-2006, 09:28 PM
LJ is great but Troy is redefining the way that his position is played. Is there another safety in the league, past or present, that plays virtually 8 of the 11 defensive positions? NO way, GIMME TROY! and his hair.

Sean Taylor could be used the same way and be just as effective. IMO.

clevestinks
09-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Welcome and Good Question!

My answer is NO. I would still take Troy over LJ. On paper LJ is probably more valuable as a RB. And I am a Penn State fan. But Troy gives our defense so many options. Our identity is our LB corp. on D. But Troy really makes it happen

Midnightwriter07
09-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I would have taken L J and at the time, i kind of thought that is where we were going with it. Is really hard to say because I am a firm believer that it is mostly our system is what makes the players better.

Would Porter be as good if he was playing in a 4 -3 in Buffalo? Would troy be as good playing for St Louis where the D is not very good and he would be playing mostly in centerfield 15 yards off the ball and not having the opportunities to Blitz and havint the linebackers Blitz and corners Blitz thatconfuse the QB to give him more opportunities to make plays.

Would Ben be Ben in Cleveland and be 27-4 with a SuperBowl ring ?? prolly not lol

I love Troy and all the Steelers players, but i think they all come into a situation that is advantagious for them from an organizational standpoint and coaching standpoint. At this time obvisouly i can say NO, i would not trade TROY for any player in the league, but at the time ... i wanted L J and given that TROY sat a year for the most part... LJ prolly would have made a bigger impact at that particular time.. Kinda scary thinking of him and Bettis in the backfield.

But i am happy with Troy and wouldnt trade him for anyone.

pucho58
09-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the board. I will stick with Troy over LJ. LJ is a nice pick for the chiefs but I believe that defense wins champianships.

LambertLunatic
09-08-2006, 11:04 PM
The question I have for you guys is if you could go back and switch draft picks, Polamalu for LJ, would you?

That's an easy question to answer. I'd still take Troy, for 2 reasons.

#1 As stated previously, it's much easier finding a good running back than a good SS.

#2 At that time, Jerome was still running strong, and there wasn't an immediate need at that position. Our secondary, however, really sucked back then. We drafted a need position.

Steelknife
09-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Willie Parker will go for 1500 yards this year. Larry Johnson 1800 or so.

Relatively comparable.

Only Ed Reed and Sean Taylor can come close to Troy. I wouldn't eve consider switching.

MattsMe
09-09-2006, 01:37 AM
While it's not an easy call, I'd take Troy with Willie Parker in the backfield over LJ.

By the way, welcome to the board and it's refreshing having a fan from an opposing team with a loyal fanbase and an old school football organization.

Why bother writing my opinion when 83 did it for me? I agree. On both points. Welcome to the board.

LarryNJ
09-09-2006, 11:07 PM

I concur! Well said.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-10-2006, 03:02 AM

Cool. It was a nice win and an epic night. I looked up and down the schedule and the first game I begged for was the Steeler vs. KC game. I dunno why. Respect. It's been a while since we played in PGH. So back to PGH in a month.

Kick the s**t out of the Bengals.

HometownGal
09-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Nope. Troy is one of the glues that hold our defense together. Solid defense wins football games and Troy's about as solid as they come - physically, mentally and emotionally. I don't think there is a more balanced player in the NFL today.

Good luck this season and hope the Chiefs open a large can of whoop ass on the Bungles today! :bouncy: