PDA

View Full Version : Moss Unhappy

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Moss sounds off on Raiders: 'It's crazy around here'
ESPN.com news services

The NFL season can now begin. Randy Moss has spoken.

In an interview with Fox Sports radio on Saturday, the Oakland Raiders receiver offered some criticisms of the atmosphere surrounding the organization but said he's willing to go along with the program.

"It's crazy around here, man," Moss said. "It's something that we're trying to hold on to, and, hopefully, Coach Art [Shell] can move us in the right direction, so I'm just trying to stay away from all of that stuff this year, like I did last year and, hopefully, we can win some games."

Moss appeared unhappy with decisions on the receiving corps, specifically the trade of Doug Gabriel to the New England Patriots.

"I'm really kind of disappointed that they let Doug Gabriel go," Moss said.

Gabriel had been listed as the starter in camp, but journeyman receiver Alvis Whitted got the nod over Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry for the regular-season opener Monday night against the San Diego Chargers.

"This is not my team, I'm only playing here," Moss said, "so whoever they put out opposite of me, either I'll play with them or I won't play with them."

Moss wouldn't elaborate on other issues that might be bothering him, but he said he didn't have a problem with quarterback Aaron Brooks.

"I'm just not thrilled with the way things are going on around here," Moss said. "I'm thrilled, I'm glad, to have Aaron Brooks as my quarterback. It's fishy around here, man, so, actually, we're walking on eggshells around here."

Shell didn't have a problem with Moss' remarks, but he didn't seem to understand them either.

"One thing about this organization, everybody has a chance and opportunity to speak their mind," Shell said. "Every individual, every player. So, what he's talking about? I have no idea."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2580737

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Can you really blame the guy?

Hines86Ward
09-09-2006, 05:22 PM
I like Moss, but he's stuck in a really bad situation in Oakland....

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 05:32 PM
I like Moss, but he's stuck in a really bad situation in Oakland....

While I think he acted like an idiot in Minnesota, I think we made a very strong attempt to change his ways (keeping his mouth shut) once he arrived in Oakland. For the most part he succeeded, but playing in Oakland is making it hard on the guy. I can't blame him for being frustrated.

clevestinks
09-09-2006, 06:41 PM
He is good, and he does have a big mouth, but I see his point this time

silver & black
09-09-2006, 07:12 PM
I see. You agree with BSPN when they talk about the Raiders or one their players but, when it involves the Steelers or one of their players, they have no merit? :rolleyes:

I would think most here would know to take anything reported by BSPN with a grain of salt... and a lot of skepticism.

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 08:43 PM
If you are referring to me, I'm not taking ESPN's word for it, I'm taking Moss's word for it. It's his quotes/remarks, not ESPN's.

I'm sure he is not exactly thrilled with the way he has been used in Oakland. This is not a bust on the Raiders, so please take a deep breath. All I'm saying is that it's understandable if he's not very happy in Oakland at this point in time.

boLT fan
09-09-2006, 09:00 PM
WOW. This speaks a lot about Moss' character. In a winning team in Minnesota he complained like TO. Now on a pretty bad team, he seems pretty mild about it. Just frustrated but not being stupid about it. Looks like Moss finally grew up. I actually have some respect for him now. Lets see how he does when he plays a full season and (if) the Raiders fail to make 7 or 8 wins again.

silver & black
09-09-2006, 09:11 PM
If you are referring to me, but I'm not taking ESPN's word for it, I'm taking Moss's word for it. It's his quotes/remarks, not ESPN's.

I'm sure he is not exactly thrilled with the way he has been used in Oakland. This is not a bust on the Raiders, so please take a deep breath. All I'm saying is that it's understandable if he's not very happy in Oakland at this point in time.

No, I wasn't directing that to any one person. I misunderstood. I thought this being taken from espn... my bad.

There are so many conflicting reports out there that have Randy pissed off, Randy is ecstatic, Randy is leaving after this season, Randy loves playing for the Raiders, Randy hates playing for the Raiders, Randy is rallying around coach Shell, etc... that it is hard to tell what is, or isn't true.

I'm pretty sure that the remarks in question are being taken out of context... Randy has been nothing but a team player and very supportive of the new coaching staff. Randy Moss and Doug Gabriel were pretty tight... I think his comments stem from the trade, as in he doesn't understand. He isn't the only one:rolleyes: . The something fishy comment was more than likely about that trade.

I agree that he is probably less than thrilled with the way he has been used since becoming a Raider. Norv Turner was a disaster as a head coach and Collins couldn't or wouldn't use Randy. I would think that he knows that he will be used this year...correctly.

My apologies to all for over reacting... it gets very tiresome reading nothing but doom and gloom about your team and players.

I can't wait for Monday night so we can finally play a game and stop anylizing this team to death!:bouncy:

Raider Nation
09-10-2006, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't read into this very much. The media loves to blow things out of contex...

The only one showing the Raiders respect seems to be Rod Woodson. He's been saying some positive things about the Raiders on NFL Total Access....

83-Steelers-43
09-12-2006, 04:26 PM
This isn't sounding much better.....

Porter seen pumping fist, laughing as Brooks is sacked
ESPN.com news services

When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 beating the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.

Porter's role on the team has greatly diminished after he clashed with new coach Art Shell in the offseason over his offseason workout plans. Porter demanded a trade at the start of training camp, but the Raiders have declined to grant his wish.

Porter was slowed by a calf injury early in training camp but was healthy for the final three preseason games and was not listed on the team's injury report leading up to the game. He was on the sideline in street clothes for this game.

"As far as Jerry Porter is concerned, I really don't know where he stands, what the organization has in store for him," Moss told Fox Sports Radio last week. "So the only thing I can do is worry about the guys they're putting on the field."

Porter led the Raiders with 76 catches last season and had 942 yards receiving and five touchdown receptions in 2005.

He has not been listed as a starter all of training camp, even after the Raiders traded starter Doug Gabriel to New England on Sept. 2.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 08:04 AM
Jerry Porter needs a knuckle sandwich - what a douchebag. Gee - great team player ain't he? :rolleyes: I think the Raiders are on the right track with Art Shell at the helm - may take a couple of years to gel this team, but it can be done with a little patience and determination. Me thinks it is high time for a little team rectal surgery - cut off that hemorrhoid named Porter and move forward.