PDA

View Full Version : State Penn, Mwahahahaha

Steelers
09-09-2006, 05:05 PM
They're humiliating themselves on national television.

Steelers win, Pitt wins, Big Televen falls on its face and the ACC is laying a collective egg.

Christmas came early this year!

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 05:12 PM
They're humiliating themselves on national television.

Steelers win, Pitt wins, Big Televen falls on its face and the ACC is laying a collective egg.

Christmas came early this year!

All we need now is for Tampa Bay, Kansas City and New Orleans to win and it will be a beautiful weekend for Pittsburgh sports.

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Weis is the absolute UNCLASSIEST COACH. He doesn't care if Notre Dame doesn't wins by a blowout. he forgets something here. Notre Dame could lose focus next week against Michigan. Don't be surprised if Notre Dame is 2-1 by next week. Weis will then learn that he can't just randomly run up the score. I hope Michigan Wallops them in return as much as I hate Notre Dame.

Steelers
09-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Weis is the absolute UNCLASSIEST COACH. He doesn't care if Notre Dame doesn't wins by a blowout. he forgets something here. Notre Dame could lose focus next week against Michigan. Don't be surprised if Notre Dame is 2-1 by next week. Weis will then learn that he can't just randomly run up the score. I hope Michigan Wallops them in return as much as I hate Notre Dame.

What are you talking about?! With all the doubt and questions surrounding the Irish from the GT game, they're out to leave an impression this week. Unfortunately for JokePa, his team is paying the price.

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 05:19 PM
What are you talking about?! With all the doubt and questions surrounding the Irish from the GT game, they're out to leave an impression this week. Unfortunately for JokePa, his team is paying the price.

So, he's still unclassy. Notre Dame is not going to be focused next week against Michigan.

Steelers
09-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Notre Dame is not going to be focused next week against Michigan.

Whatever you say, Cheif. Sure as hell looks like they'll be well-rested though. Quinn will probably come out of the game soon.

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 05:23 PM
You don't think Paterno would do the same if the tables were turned?

Keep in mind that I don't dislike Penn State. I actually wanted to see Penn State win simply because they are in Pennsylvania, but I can't blame Weiss for winning big.

41-3 now.

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 05:34 PM
83 JoePa knows when he needs to stop. After all I believe he has national titles. One thing Pawnspedt doesn't have. They'll be 2-1 along with Penn State next week. Weis didn't prove anything. Penn State has just played awful.

Steelers
09-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Pitt did better against virtually the same Notre Dame last season...

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 05:40 PM
I still can't blame a guy for winning big. If the opposing team doesn't like it, play better next time.

Like I said, I don't care if it was Akron vs Tiffin on the tube right now, I see no problem in whooping the shit out of an opposing team.

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Since we are on the topic of beat downs.............WVU beat E. Washington 52-3.

And it's now 41-17 ND.

clevestinks
09-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Damn we seem to move the ball okay, and then BAM shoot self in foot. And the defense didn`t dress for the road trip I guess

Ambridge
09-09-2006, 06:48 PM
I thought Penn State would show a better performance.

Weis is a smug smart-ass........an honors graduate from the Belichick school of how to be a Jerk-off Headcoach.

BTW-Every time I see Charlie Weiss I can't help but think that he would look better as a street vendor in New York City pushing a metal cart around and selling Nathans Hotdogs.
Topped off with wearing one of those dopey looking paper hats.

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 09:09 PM
I still can't blame a guy for winning big. If the opposing team doesn't like it, play better next time.

Like I said, I don't care if it was Akron vs Tiffin on the tube right now, I see no problem in whooping the shit out of an opposing team.

I see that as a DEFINANT problem at ANY level depending on the coach. Some coaches have difficulty refocusing players. Some don't. Weis in my opinion has NOT proven that he can do that yet. I don't think he does it against Henne and the Wolverines.

Pitt did better against virtually the same Notre Dame last season...

And Pitt still lost by almost the same score.

Steelers
09-09-2006, 09:11 PM
And Pitt still lost by almost the same score.

Quinn played the whole game.

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Quinn played the whole game.

And that still doesn't erase the fact that you lost.

BlackNGold203
09-09-2006, 09:30 PM
*notices the complete lack of Penn State fans defending their team*

probably because there is no defense for that cluster....OMG...pretty sad

Stillers#1
09-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I see no problem with this at all. It shut up all of the PSU fans saying their team was being disrespected in the rankings. I am a Michigan fan, but I still think Notre Dame will beat them. Weiss is a good coach, and most of you guys are only talking shit b/c he whooped on PSU. If it was the other way around you would be talking about how JoePA was teaching Weiss a lesson. Go back in history I'm sure that high-pitched voiced bastard has done it several times, stop whining, you sound like Bungles fans.

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 10:15 PM
I see no problem with this at all. It shut up all of the PSU fans saying their team was being disrespected in the rankings. I am a Michigan fan, but I still think Notre Dame will beat them. Weiss is a good coach, and most of you guys are only talking shit b/c he whooped on PSU. If it was the other way around you would be talking about how JoePA was teaching Weiss a lesson. Go back in history I'm sure that high-pitched voiced bastard has done it several times, stop whining, you sound like Bungles fans.

We say about being disrespected in the rankings because we are disrespected in the rankings. Notre Dame no matter what happend today are still overrated. Bottom line is Penn State fans such as myself are mad about the loss. ok. End of story. Notre Dame won, it's over.

Stillers#1
09-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Notre Dame no matter what happend today are still overrated.

Obviously PSU was overated at 19.

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Obviously PSU was overated at 19.

Penn State wasn't expected to win.

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 10:32 PM
I see that as a DEFINANT problem at ANY level depending on the coach.

How is it a problem and why should it depend on the coach? You feel they ran up the score and that it was an unclassy move on Weiss's part. Why should who's coaching make it any different in your mind? Your still running up the score no matter if your Charlie Weiss or Joe Paterno.

Cowher ran up the score against Cleveland last season. Does he lack class? I don't think so. You play to win. If your team is good enough, you might not get blown out of the water. If you do, you take it like a man and live to fight another day.

I still don't see a problem with it. But to each their own.

Stillers#1
09-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Penn State wasn't expected to win.

I don't relly follow college to well, but wouldnt you think a TRUE #19 ranked team could give an overated #3 a good game?

Looks like ND will be #2 tomorrow morning. I say they deserve it.

Stillers#1
09-09-2006, 10:35 PM
How is it a problem and why should it depend on the coach? You feel they ran up the score and that it was an unclassy move on Weiss's part. Why should who's coaching make it any different in your mind? Your still running up the score no matter if your Charlie Weiss or Joe Paterno.

Cowher ran up the score against Cleveland last season. Does he lack class? You play to win. If your team is good enough, you might not get blown out of the water. If you do, you take it like a man and live to fight another day.

I still don't see a problem with it. But to each their own.

I agree, if anything, Weiss has more reason to run up the score, with the computer polls and everything that goes into BCS rankings. Good post.

BlackNGold203
09-09-2006, 10:35 PM
I've seen JoePa run it up plenty of times..get over it.....:cool: :cool:

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 10:41 PM
I've seen JoePa run it up plenty of times..get over it.....:cool: :cool:

Cowher and Paterno's Case are 100% Different. They know how to get their players refocused. Weis DOESN'T.

Stillers#1
09-09-2006, 10:44 PM
No, the difference is, you are a fan of Cowher and Paterno, and butt hurt that Weiss' team put a spanking on the Shitney Lions.

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Cowher and Paterno's Case are 100% Different. They know how to get their players refocused. Weis DOESN'T.

So it's classy if Cowher and Paterno run up the score, but Weiss is unclassy for doing so?

I see now.

BlackNGold203
09-09-2006, 10:49 PM

huh????

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Let me rephrase that

IT'S NOT ALWAYS SMART. Ok that sounds better doesn't it?

Stillers#1
09-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Let me rephrase that

I kinda got what you were saying. As an ex-football player, I really don't think playing the week after you blow a team out is a big deal at all. They will be ready for UM.

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Let me rephrase that

That's completely different than stating somebody lacks class for doing so which you stated on the whole first page, but I can understand where your coming from when you make that specific point. There's always the possibility of having a downfall after ringing up the score the week before.

We shall see though.

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 11:00 PM
I kinda got what you were saying. As an ex-football player, I really don't think playing the week after you blow a team out is a big deal at all. They will be ready for UM.

I currently play football And am sick of losing by blowouts. In my foootball carrier I have had NO SEASONS that were winning ones or more then 2 wins. I think it will be interesting how weis tries to get it through there heads that this game is over and it's a different week. It will 100% be a different week with Penn State when they go to 2-1 against Youngstown State.

That's completely different than stating somebody lacks class for doing so which you stated on the whole first page, but I can understand where your coming from when you make that specific point. There's always the possibility of having a downfall after ringing up the score the week before.

We shall see though.

100% different. And it was definantly proven on the High School level with Altoona who is a cross town rival of my high school(Hollidaysburg). They beat Hollidaysburg 41-0 in their opener and then lost 51-7 against Harrisburg today.

Stillers#1
09-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Man, sometimes I forget how young some of the people in here are. Where is Holidaysburg? I played for Beaver Falls from 96-99 and geneva college from 00-01. My Freshman year we didn't win a game, we lost by 30+ points every game. Pretty much the same my sophomore year. Just keep the faith man. We made the playoffs my Senior year (15.5 sacks for me) for the first time in 10 years. Hang in there dude, the ass whoopings you take now will do nothing but make you stronger. Trust me.

Hines86Ward
09-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Penn State is not going to be the great team they were last year, & they're not gonna be at the top of the Big Ten. They lost too much of their defense, basically their entire secondary. I could see them going 6-6 this season, they're extremely overhyped because of their success from last year.....

Haiku_Dirtt
09-10-2006, 12:17 AM
I thought Penn State would show a better performance.

Weis is a smug smart-ass........an honors graduate from the Belichick school of how to be a Jerk-off Headcoach.

BTW-Every time I see Charlie Weiss I can't help but think that he would look better as a street vendor in New York City pushing a metal cart around and selling Nathans Hotdogs.
Topped off with wearing one of those dopey looking paper hats.

Weis IS a smug ass. The cameras have caught his smug ****y grin that he tries to hide as he boasts to whomever on the other side of the mic so many times now.

I have the tape from the ND vs. USC game last season to prove it. That was just right before SC had third down and forever. And then 4th and 9. And then OOOPPPSS. Nothing like a 60 yard bomb in his face on his backyard to shove that griin back down his smug throat.

PSU shot themselves in the foot. Then shot themselves in the thigh. Then shot themselves in the head. I don't put this on Paterno but at some point someone has got to say that the JoePa regime should duck gracefully to the Hall Of Fame.

The only team today guilty of running up the score is Louisville. But Dough Boy Weis is still a third class Jerk-off to be sure.

GO GREEN.

Mosca
09-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Bah. I never thought I'd hear Steelers fans whining, even if it's about Penn State. You don't want a hated opponent to whup your butt? Get better.

JoePa knew what was happening. He still shook hands when it was over. Notre Dame needed 1) to make a statement, especially after last week, and 2) to let their players get a taste of just how good they are. Nothing breeds success like success. It's one thing to blow out Akron, it's quite different to blow out Penn State even in one of their off years.

And, if ND had let up when it was 24-3, would PSU have let up as well? Nope. It would have eventually been 24-17. And you know how hard it is to rebuild momentum, especially in the emotional world of college football. Nothing like letting the underdog think he has a chance at an upset... next thing you know, you got upset.

Weis doesn't have to answer to anyone but his players. If that seems insular and smug to the rest of the world, I'm sure he's really worried about it.

What I think I see is just Notre Dame bashing, actually. It's what I hear when I listen to my wife bash insufferably on Paterno. Weis and Paterno are cut from the same cloth. You can't admire one and diss the other without revealing anything but pure bias.

And no, I'm not in any way a Notre Dame fan. I root for Pitt in college football. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see Pitt kick the crap out of ND. But that's a family rivalry thing. Otherwise they're just a bunch of college kids aiming for a shot glory on the field, with a couple guys leading them... some more successful than others, which leave them open for base criticism sometimes.

Tom

BlackNGold203
09-10-2006, 09:40 AM
You don't want a hated opponent to whup your butt? Get better.

AMEN

SteelCityMan786
09-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Man, sometimes I forget how young some of the people in here are. Where is Holidaysburg? I played for Beaver Falls from 96-99 and geneva college from 00-01. My Freshman year we didn't win a game, we lost by 30+ points every game. Pretty much the same my sophomore year. Just keep the faith man. We made the playoffs my Senior year (15.5 sacks for me) for the first time in 10 years. Hang in there dude, the ass whoopings you take now will do nothing but make you stronger. Trust me.

2 Hours East Of Pittsburgh near Altoona.

Penn State is not going to be the great team they were last year, & they're not gonna be at the top of the Big Ten. They lost too much of their defense, basically their entire secondary. I could see them going 6-6 this season, they're extremely overhyped because of their success from last year.....

You might want to scratch that statement. 1 game doesn't determine a season. 12 DO. Even though I respect your rights to your opinion. I just don't see 6-6 likely. If Penn State can get through September 2-2.(saying they beat Youngstown State and fall to Ohio State). I could see them anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2

Mewtwo
09-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Once you're involved with college football or higher, you have every right to run up the score.

I've heard of coaches of dominant teams in youth football being disciplined or even fired because they ran up scores, and were basically told "This is fine in college, but not here". If you can't do it in youth football, and you can't do it in college ball, then where CAN you do it?