PDA

View Full Version : OMG, are they serious!

Stlrs4Life
09-09-2006, 10:16 PM
OMG, look at what the Stains have decided to market! They so badly want to be like the Steelers!:

http://www.sharonherald.com/homepage/images_sizedimage_245100250/resources_photoview

BlackNGold203
09-09-2006, 10:18 PM
"A Cleveland Original"......

Ya know...they just plain suck....I cant find a better way to express it....

Cleveland..just plain...sucks.....

Lyn
09-09-2006, 10:18 PM
The Jags have come up with the "Growl Towel" We will see them on MNF our next game!~

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Notre Dame is copying us. They had towels showing up during the game.

BlackNGold203
09-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Everybodys doing it now....

But....

None of them has the fan base that we do...wave what you want....but to me?....

its all about who's doing the waving....

The Steeler Nation Rules!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

MattsMe
09-09-2006, 10:25 PM
Why don't the shit stains just market toilet paper to wave during the game?

SteelCityMan786
09-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Why don't the shit stains just market toilet paper to wave during the game?

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

BBC
09-09-2006, 10:29 PM
If ya can't beat 'em...

Midnightwriter07
09-09-2006, 10:29 PM
that is gay... team need to be original

Stillers#1
09-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Original?? How is that original, I have a dirty brown towel every time I take a shit.

83-Steelers-43
09-09-2006, 10:43 PM
http://www.savezewe.com/wp-images/browns%20suck.JPG

Steelers
09-09-2006, 10:44 PM
It'll never catch on. You need a vibrant color, and brown is as drab and CRAPpy as it gets.

BlackNGold203
09-09-2006, 10:47 PM
It'll never catch on. You need a vibrant color, and brown is as drab and CRAPpy as it gets.

You also need good fans.....:cool: :cool:

klick81
09-09-2006, 10:52 PM
LOL...idiots.

tony hipchest
09-10-2006, 12:04 AM
the jagoffs marketing dickwipe towels.

how fitting.

jaysta
09-10-2006, 12:22 AM
I say let them make them. It'll fade out in a short period of time....the terrible towels always have and always will... :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:... wave in Pittsburgh.

SteelShooter
09-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Just sickening...................

WV-SteelerFan
09-10-2006, 12:48 AM
It'll never catch on.
You're right, it won't...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/drsnyde/Wavingterribletowel.gifhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/drsnyde/Wavingterribletowel.gifhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/drsnyde/Wavingterribletowel.gifhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/drsnyde/Wavingterribletowel.gifhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k247/drsnyde/Wavingterribletowel.gif

Jimmy James
09-10-2006, 12:51 AM
The Browns truly blow. I'm no fan of Romeo, but I actually feel for him because even he deserves better. Of course, he willingly cast his lot in with that team.

It sickens me that the league robbed Modell of the real Browns team history and gave us the fake Browns. Again, I'm no Ravens or Modell fan, but right is right. If they were going to do that BS, they should have stripped Irsay of the Colts name and history to give it to Modell.

MasterOfPuppets
09-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Original?? How is that original, I have a dirty brown towel every time I take a shit.

i hope you don't wave it in celebration of a bowl victory...:sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-10-2006, 04:45 AM
You also need good fans.....:cool: :cool:

..and a reason to wave the flag.

"Ladies and Gentleman ..Stand up and salute our Cleveland Browns who have just earned the right to the #1 pick in next years draft....wooooooohoooooo!!!!"

HometownGal
09-10-2006, 06:39 AM
I say let them make them. It'll fade out in a short period of time....

Just like the Browns. Didn't take them very long to fade out, did it? :sofunny: I think they should have made official pooper scoopers for the Dawg Pound or official barf bags for all of the drunks that attend Browns games. :cool:

PisnNapalm
09-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Weren't the Colts fans also waving white towels?

stillers4me
09-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Weren't the Colts fans also waving white towels?

I was LMOA while they were waving those white flags in surrender!!!!

White flags.......duh!!!:dang:

floodcitygirl
09-10-2006, 08:39 AM
I was LMOA while they were waving those white flags in surrender!!!!

White flags.......duh!!!:dang::sofunny: :sofunny: What were they thinking?????

vader29
09-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Wow, that has got to be the worst marketing idea ever for them with that slogan on a towel.

19ward86
09-10-2006, 09:49 AM
that is the worst idea ever.

silver & black
09-10-2006, 10:08 AM
The Browns truly blow. I'm no fan of Romeo, but I actually feel for him because even he deserves better. Of course, he willingly cast his lot in with that team.

It sickens me that the league robbed Modell of the real Browns team history and gave us the fake Browns. Again, I'm no Ravens or Modell fan, but right is right. If they were going to do that BS, they should have stripped Irsay of the Colts name and history to give it to Modell.

If I recall correctly, Modell offered to leave the Browns' history with the new team because he felt Cleveland deserved to keep their history... he wasn't stripped of it by the league.

If I'm wrong, I stand corrected but, thats the way I remember it.

Stlrs4Life
09-10-2006, 10:24 AM
If I recall correctly, Modell offered to leave the Browns' history with the new team because he felt Cleveland deserved to keep their history... he wasn't stripped of it by the league.

If I'm wrong, I stand corrected but, thats the way I remember it.

You are correct, the NFL gave the history back to the city of Cleveland. Who cares? The team still went to another city. Baltisore will always be the Old Browns to me.

steelersblowballs
09-10-2006, 12:03 PM
I cant wait till the beloved Bengals kick the crap out of your boys, week 3!!!!! And then again in the last week of the season in Cincy. Enjoy your tainted title bitches!!!! Everyone outside of Pittsturd knows your title last year was a gift from the refs. And realistically speaking without Kimo's cheap shot to Carson, your "Boys" (using that term loosely). Wines Hard, I got bets on when he will cry first......week 3 anyone, Big Ben.....hope he plays against Jacksonville, cause his last game will be week 3, I think OWWWWW MY KNEE WILL BE HEARD IN PITTSTURD SOON. Karma is a bitch my gay friends. Got one question, will Porter play more than he runs his mouth this year, play with Bens balls before the games that is!!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I cant wait till the beloved Bengals kick the crap out of your boys, week 3!!!!! And then again in the last week of the season in Cincy. Enjoy your tainted title bitches!!!! Everyone outside of Pittsturd knows your title last year was a gift from the refs. And realistically speaking without Kimo's cheap shot to Carson, your "Boys" (using that term loosely). Wines Hard, I got bets on when he will cry first......week 3 anyone, Big Ben.....hope he plays against Jacksonville, cause his last game will be week 3, I think OWWWWW MY KNEE WILL BE HEARD IN PITTSTURD SOON. Karma is a bitch my gay friends. Got one question, will Porter play more than he runs his mouth this year, play with Bens balls before the games that is!!!!!

JEALOUS TROLL :sign07:

BlackNGold203
09-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned the useless troll......

silver & black
09-10-2006, 12:29 PM

:yikes: ... :popcorn:

WV-SteelerFan
09-10-2006, 12:37 PM

:jerkit: ...I bet he goes back to the Bengal boards bragging about how he told us off & then got banned...
(as if he actually told anyone off)...:footinmou

silver & black
09-10-2006, 12:39 PM

That was quick... I didn't even finish my pop corn! :sofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-10-2006, 02:16 PM

:flipoff: Troll

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
OMG, look at what the Stains have decided to market! They so badly want to be like the Steelers!:

http://www.sharonherald.com/homepage/images_sizedimage_245100250/resources_photoview

Looks like the Browns are making use of those towels today as their Saint's are kicking their ass...the fans gotta have something to cry in..... :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
09-10-2006, 02:29 PM

There is no room for spamming in these parts.

jaysta
09-10-2006, 06:08 PM
After losing to the Saints today I bet those towels are flying off of the shelves. Hee Hee Hee!:rofl: Or they could use them to wipe away their tears. :crying01:

Midnightwriter07
09-10-2006, 06:58 PM
lol, i wondered if anyone actually has purchased one of the towels aahahahahahhaha .. that cracks me up !! Hey, at least when Browns fans want an acutal use for it ... the color is right ... what a joke !!

steelerdude
09-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Maybe their fans should just bring their skid-marked undies to the game and wave those instead.

Ohio Steeler
09-10-2006, 08:24 PM

LOL

everyone wants to be like the champs

shevdog
09-10-2006, 09:11 PM
So lame! The Browns are so pathetic. "A Cleveland Original"... Give me a break. I don't wanna know how they get the towels that color. So very lame!

Myron should sue. LOL!

Ohio Steeler
09-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I have seen more and more teams coming out with there own towels these days

Elvis
09-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Let them have their fun and make their money... an original lasts longer than just a few seasons.. see how long they last... and how many they sell....
But the Brownies do suck...heheheehehehehee
LOVE YA

HburgXL06
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Here is the full article. Items I found amusin I put in bold. My own personal commentary is italicized.

Browns fans get 'dirty': Locals create tool for Cleveland rooters
Locals create new tool for Cleveland rooters

By Lynn Saternow

Herald Sports Editor

Judson Flint was a member of the old Cleveland Browns “Kardiac Kids” teams that thrived on exciting finishes. Today Flint is excited about a team-related beginning — the beginning of “The Dirty Brown Towel.”

The former Farrell High athletic star is the spokesman for the brown-and-orange towel — an invention of Farrell’s Chuck Harris — that he predicts will be a must-have item for every true Browns fan in the country.

“Since the Browns came back to Cleveland (after owner Art Modell moved the team), the fans have had nothing to latch on to,” said Flint. “The team can rise out of the ashes and the Dirty Brown Towel will give fans something to help turn the tide.”

Harris pointed out that he felt the Browns needed something to combat the dreaded “Terrible Towel” which is waved by tens of thousands of fans at Pittsburgh Steelers games.

Really? Wouldn't it be better to form a good football team to combat the Steelers?

Harris went to McArthur Towel and Sports Co., the maker of the Terrible Towel, with the idea. But it took about two years before he could get official licensing from the NFL. Now that he has the license, it’s full speed ahead.

“It’s been big already,” said Harris. “It’s been selling well.” Normally selling for about $8, it can be found locally at Kraynak’s, Reyers, Nadine’s Trading Post, the Gold Mind and Tony’s Pizza Tavern. It will be expanding into other stores in the future.

First off, I bought a Superbowl XL Terrible Towel and it was only $7, so why is this one so much?

I'm also happy to see that this thing is bein sold at only the finest merchandising outlets!

It can be found in several stores in the Cleveland and Erie areas. “The NASCAR Obsession (in Erie’s Millcreek Mall) is planning to use it in a TV commercial,” said Harris. He said it will also soon be available at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton.

Flint said they are currently in discussions with the Browns about a possible promotion through an outside sponsor. “They would want about 70,000 if that goes through,” said Flint. “Right now it’s up to the sponsor. It’s between the towel, a seat cushion and a flag.”

Seat cushion, or toilet seat? Can they maybe use the towel and the toilet seat together? It might save on toilet paper and plumbing costs in Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Flint, a defensive back for the Browns from 1980-82, said the fans play a big role in inspiring players at home games. “Can you imagine every fan waving these towels,” asked Flint. “That would help intimidate the other team. This will create a hostile environment for the visitors and a lift for the home team. It’s something that every fan can bring to the game, week-in and week-out.

Yea, I can, and no it won't. What a way for the city to pronounce the fact that they look like a toilet bowl.

“By “Dirty” It doesn’t mean that the team will do anything illegal. It just means that they are ready to play hard and get down-and-dirty to win.

I don't think "illegal" is what anyone's first thought was when associating the Browns and the word "dirty."

“These towels can help create some frenzy and a great atmosphere. Hopefully it’s something that will be around for the next 25 years.”

While Harris is the president of the company producing the towel, Henry Smith is vice president and Daniel Odem is secretary of operations. The towel is being distributed by Omeri Corp., 672 North Sharpsville Ave., Sharon.

Harris said that Browns Backers organizations throughout the country are becoming interested in buying the towels. The Atlanta group recently asked for a couple of hundred to distribute to fans there.

Ok, I want to know who let Browns fans out of Cleveland.

Harris said that in the future they also plan to produce car flags with the Dirty Brown Towel logo on them.

Flint pointed out that this is the perfect time for the new promotion since the Cleveland Browns are celebrating the 60th anniversary of the team in the NFL.

Last time I heard this franchise has only been around since 1999.

For more information, go to the www.thedirtybrowntowel.com or contact Harris at 570-985-9228 or chuck@thedirtybrowntowel.com.

BuFu

j-dawg
09-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow, that has got to be the worst marketing idea ever for them with that slogan on a towel.

i TOTALLY agree.

fools who just want to make a buck piss me off.. no self respecting browns fan would even think of this. the terrible towel is a steelers fixture.... it's sad, 'cause like everyone is saying in here, every other team is doing it now. pretty soon they'll be part of the typical crap bandwagon fans will carry with them.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/ac_11559.jpg

Midnightwriter07
09-11-2006, 03:49 AM
Exactly right thought about someone out to make a buck... is pathetic that they have to steal another teams thing in order to do so. They have there " DOG POUND" ... i guess isnt enough ... i wonder how many people will be waiving Dirty "Towels" after the 10th loss of the season... oooo get me one for Christmas.

HometownGal
09-11-2006, 06:39 AM
Harris pointed out that he felt the Browns needed something to combat the dreaded ?Terrible Towel? which is waved by tens of thousands of fans at Pittsburgh Steelers games.

I see that brainstorm going right down the shitter (pun intended) because the number of Terrible Towels at a Steelers/Browns game in Cleveland will still triple their brown poop rag. :busted:

stlrtruck
09-11-2006, 07:31 AM
You may see more of those towels in the home stadiums but let me know how many of them travel on away games!!!

No one travels like Steelers Nation!

bigbensgirl7
09-11-2006, 08:03 AM
LAME!!!! That's all I have to say about that!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-11-2006, 09:06 AM

..although in his defense..he really was quite informative...only in Cincy would someone have the knowledge and skill to..."Blow Balls". Didn't know it was possible...and definately dont want to know how its done.:sissies:

floodcitygirl
09-11-2006, 09:14 AM
..although in his defense..he really was quite informative...only in Cincy would someone have the knowledge and skill to..."Blow Balls". Didn't know it was possible...and definately dont want to know how its done.:sissies:HEY!!!! Can we please qualify this again???? I'm sure you MEANT to say Bengal fans in Cincy. Geesh!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-11-2006, 10:11 AM
HEY!!!! Can we please qualify this again???? I'm sure you MEANT to say Bengal fans in Cincy. Geesh!!!

:dang: :dang: oops...sorry!!:dang: :dang:

davidgrenier
09-11-2006, 10:29 AM

Ummm, they don't have toilet paper in Spokane?

I know I saw the white towels at a Colts game a year or two back. I'm actually surprised its taken this long for other teams to attempt to duplicate the success of the Terrible Towel. Actually, even without the teams endorsement you'd think that soe company would make plain towels in black, navy blue, gold, silver, purple, orange, etc.... to sell online or through sporting good stores.

floodcitygirl
09-11-2006, 11:05 AM
:dang: :dang: oops...sorry!!:dang: :dang:Thanks. I feel much better. Being stuck in Bungleland is one thing but being held responsible for that type of questionable knowledge and skill is just too much! :cya:

SteelersNationsfl
09-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I don't post here that much although I enjoy reading this forum. I get a kick out of you guys.. There is so much up to date info to go by.

I think perhaps the Browns Dirty Towel is dirty because, the shipment was rerouted accidentally to Pittsburgh grociery stores and accidentally used as Toilet Paper rather than it's original intended use.

Those shameless browns really do want to be like us.

HburgXL06
09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I have contacted an inside source within the towel industry and was amused to hear that there were several mix-ups made when it came to the order and production of the dirty brown towel.

When the towels were originally ordered a mistake was made that had the towel producer ship out a shitload (how appropriate of a term) of white towels instead of brown ones. As if this was not bad enough the order was sent to a sewage treatment plant outside of cleveland instead of to the company planning to decal the towels. The problem was identified and proper action was taken to contact personel in every company involved. Another problem came to light however when it was realized that the towels had already been used throughtout the large treatment facility for any and all random purposes. This had turned the originally bleach white towels to a dark brown. At this point the contracting company for the towels was beginning to feel the pressure of from the marketing company that had yet to receive their towels ordered so that they could be decalled. In order to prevent any more time lost the towels were dried and sent directly from the sewage plant to the marketing company where they were decalled and then sold as the "dirty" brown towel. Hence is the reason that yet again they just can not "get the stink out."

BuFu

Midnightwriter07
09-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Yeah, i see that really hitting it off lol .. what dorks .......Attention Browns fans...... do your own shit !!

j-dawg
09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah, i see that really hitting it off lol .. what dorks .......Attention Browns fans...... do your own shit !!

the fools who created this aren't browns fans... can't be... they're just trying to make a buck. if i see anybody with this when i go to the cleveland/baltimore game i'll burn 'em!!.... the towel that is...

Ohio Steeler
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
the fools who created this aren't browns fans... can't be... they're just trying to make a buck. if i see anybody with this when i go to the cleveland/baltimore game i'll burn 'em!!.... the towel that is...

LOL

I can see it now Browns fan get arrested for buring towel...

I.C. Lights
09-11-2006, 09:23 PM
I just can't see how any self-respecting Browns fan (if there is such a thing) would buy one of these things. They're so obviously a rip-off of the terrible towel and every browns fan has to know that. This had to have been dreamt up by some recent marketing major from California...

j-dawg
09-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I just can't see how any self-respecting Browns fan (if there is such a thing) would buy one of these things. They're so obviously a rip-off of the terrible towel and every browns fan has to know that. This had to have been dreamt up by some recent marketing major from California...

that's what i've been saying!! if it was some fool in california i'll... :kick:

steelcurtain09
09-12-2006, 04:04 PM
if i see anybody with this when i go to the cleveland/baltimore game i'll burn 'em!!.... the towel that is...

do u no how bad tht would smell?

Steel City Mafia
09-12-2006, 10:10 PM
LOL, apparently they have officially embraced the "Poo stain"

Justin Otstott
09-13-2006, 09:55 AM

wow!!!!!! Did you watch Porter in WEEK 1??? Real mature buddy! Let your team win 5 Superbowls then come back and talk, into then stfu and keep wishing!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-13-2006, 11:34 AM
you guys need to go out to www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm and take a gander at todays picture and the caption under it.....absolutely hilarious!!! Seems everyone has the same take on the Clowns "new idea."

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

tony hipchest
09-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Browns fans get 'dirty': Locals create tool for Cleveland rooters
Locals create new tool for Cleveland rooters

By Lynn Saternow

Herald Sports Editor

Judson Flint was a member of the old Cleveland Browns ?Kardiac Kids? teams that thrived on exciting finishes. Today Flint is excited about a team-related beginning ? the beginning of ?The Dirty Brown Towel.?

The former Farrell High athletic star is the spokesman for the brown-and-orange towel ? an invention of Farrell?s Chuck Harris ? that he predicts will be a must-have item for every true Browns fan in the country.

?Since the Browns came back to Cleveland (after owner Art Modell moved the team), the fans have had nothing to latch on to,? said Flint. ?The team can rise out of the ashes and the Dirty Brown Towel will give fans something to help turn the tide.?

this is bullcrap. theyve been latched to our nuts for years.