PDA

View Full Version : Eagles trading TO to Raiders ????

BlitzburghRockCity
06-30-2005, 04:47 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3664/news

News and Notes

Jun 30 WPVI.com reports there is some speculation the Philadelphia Eagles could trade WR Terrell Owens to the Oakland Raiders for WR Jerry Porter. If the trade were to occur, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves.

Jun 30 A report has surfaced that the Eagles are in negotiations with the Raiders on a trade that would send Owens to Oakland for Jerry Porter, according to ABC sports.
Recommendation: Randy Moss told reporters Wednesday he could co-exist with Owens as long as he receives the number of passes he deserves. We doubt that the two receivers would get along in Oakland but the Eagles appear to be so upset with Owens that they would be willing to put the best two receivers in the league on the same team. This would initially cloud the value of both players but stay tuned for more rumors.

BB2W
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
No Way!!! I can't beleive this.....that cant happen. How can they afford to do this stuff? We can't even sign Plax OR Ward. They better shell out some $$$ for Ward, or the Raiders might pick him up. :uhh:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Damn!What an offense that would be!

They'd need a second locker room for T.O. and Moss to share...because the two of them with thier ego's and baggage take up an entire locker room.

Dirtywater
06-30-2005, 05:36 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't see how this ever happens. Did you see this line: "Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves."

There it is. Both guys have the need to feed their egos and be #1. Not #2 or #1b. I'll believe it when I see it. DOesn't make them bad people, they just want the spotlight.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-30-2005, 05:42 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't see how this ever happens. Did you see this line: "Moss told reporters Wednesday, June 29, he could co-exist with Owens as long as he got the number of passes he deserves."

There it is. Both guys have the need to feed their egos and be #1. Not #2 or #1b. I'll believe it when I see it. DOesn't make them bad people, they just want the spotlight.

Which is why neither would play for the Steelers or the Patriots.

Prosdo
06-30-2005, 07:23 PM
I can't see this happening. The team would be like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Terrell Owens and Randy Moss simply just have too big of egos to coexist in my opinion.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-30-2005, 08:29 PM
These too will be running into each other all over the field fighting for the ball, I can see it now!!

clevestinks
06-30-2005, 09:20 PM
ALL they would need then is Keyshawn so none of them would get the ball enough.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-30-2005, 09:26 PM
no, no, its none of them would get the DAMN ball enough!! :rofl:

clevestinks
07-01-2005, 01:50 PM
no, no, its none of them would get the DAMN ball enough!! :rofl:
I guess the raiders won`t need jordan then

steelparrot
07-01-2005, 03:56 PM
if this goes through i will be very....very.....very surprised

LambertIsGod58
07-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Still need a quality QB to get them the ball. Collins is mediocre at best.

clevestinks
07-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Correct Collins is average, but he can wing it downfield.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Collins would have to be a fantasy football consideration if they land TO.. heck, I'd consider drafting to use in spot duty just w/ moss.

clevestinks
07-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Good point blitz I`ll write that down in my notes.LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
07-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey thats my idea..if u draft him first, u better give me credit!! :cheers: but if he sucks, I had no parts of the idea..

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Heard it on NFL network tonite.. Rumor is just that, a Rumor..nothing true about TO to raiders for Porter..

That being said, so who expects this deal to get done next week? :D

clevestinks
07-02-2005, 08:25 AM
LOL I was just reading that, and thinking the same thing. Rumor yeah right! They just don`t want to tick off Porter, if the deal doesn`t get done.

BB2W
07-02-2005, 03:33 PM
An Oakland executive has informed NFL Network insider Adam Schefter that rumors of an Owens-Porter trade are completely false.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Yep, that's where I heard it. Adam is a pretty reliable source.. but still, there's gotta be more to this deal, if it happens than a straight up trade.. Porter is good, but I wouldnt call him a TO.

bigbensgirl7
07-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Yep, that's where I heard it. Adam is a pretty reliable source.. but still, there's gotta be more to this deal, if it happens than a straight up trade.. Porter is good, but I wouldnt call him a TO.
I agree...Porter is good and TO was just annoying to the Eagles, but it really doesn't seem to equal out in my book...I think the Eagles would want more than just Porter...but who knows! I am thinking it has to be a rumor, and if not....there's more IMO

BlitzburghRockCity
07-02-2005, 04:24 PM
With the eagles needing depth at DL and OL, I'd atleast be wanting some good draft picks if not some potential starters.

Prosdo
07-02-2005, 04:31 PM
There has to be more like bigbensgirl said. Porter for TO (as annoying as he can be) does not pan out. I agree Blitz if the deal is true they have got to be looking for something else also.

wcpf78
07-02-2005, 09:31 PM
The Eagles have dismissed the rumor as well.

clevestinks
07-02-2005, 11:43 PM
We`ll see you never know when seeky Al Davis is involved???

BlitzburghRockCity
07-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Davis wants to win a championship now..if there was a way to pull this off, he'd pull out all the stops.

Tha rock
07-16-2005, 02:33 PM
It wont happen!!