PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Is Ben going to make a fast recovery and play in week 2 or did Batchs' latest performance of 20/25, 209yrds, and 3TD's give the steelers a coushin to rest their QB for another week?

I look at it in two different ways.....
Batch proved once again that he can win a game and maybe we should not rush ben back onto the field and give his stomach another week to heal..
OR, if he doesnt play in week 2: The Bengals game is the first full game he plays sicne winning the Superbowl.....

Would Ben be out of "football" shape when it comes time to play the bengals if he does not play in week 3? Or would that not matter

Not to mention that there are 2 receivers, Washington and Holmes, that he has not thrown to very much?

Well anyway...Has anyone heard any infomration on Ben and how he is doing?

BlackNGold203
09-10-2006, 09:52 AM
I would like to see Ben play next Monday...so he's in game shape for the Bungles....but i doubt we'll know for sure til Weds or Thurs......:cool: :cool:

LarryNJ
09-10-2006, 09:54 AM
I kind of get the feeling he'll be playing on monday night. If not we'll be fine with Batch. We are very lucky to have a #2 QB who can win some games. There aren't many of them out there. If Ben doesn't play in Jacksonville being out of football shape will not be an issue in week 3.

BlackNGold203
09-10-2006, 09:55 AM
If Charlie plays well again Monday..I can see Ben sitting til after the bye....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-10-2006, 09:57 AM
If Charlie plays well again Monday..I can see Ben sitting til after the bye....

That would make sense....But i would love to see ben in there for the bengals game.... we all know this board is infested with bunghole fans and i could just hear the remarks now

Black@Gold Forever32
09-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Ben will be back. The guy is a gamer. He hates missing games. Its eating him up inside not being out there with the guys. Now Batch did play very well against the Dolphins but it was at home. The Jaqs have a much tougher defense then the Dolphins and the game is on the road. The Jaqs defense is more basic with its formations then the Dolphins. But that front four is very hard to handle. Plus the Jaqs secondary is much better then the Dolphins. I think Ben will start and I would shocked if he didn't against the Jaqs.

Midnightwriter07
09-10-2006, 10:30 AM
ben could be rusty when he comes back for a bit.. not sure if you want him in that Bengals game. I love Ben, but if batch is the one getting all the work for these 2 games.. ( if Ben sits out next one ) .. and since Batch has been playingi n pre season so much.. might make more sense to wait till after the bye so Ben will get a few weeks with no pressure on him .. then he starts his season after bye.

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Winning the Dolphins game took off the pressure to rush Ben back for Jax. I bet Ben sits until Cincy in 2 weeks.

SteelShooter
09-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I love Charlie to death. But I believe it would be better to let Ben get on in to get the rust off before the mid or late season where everything REALLY counts.

Steelers
09-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Last season's Monday game against Indy was Ben's first game back after the knee, so I'm all in favor of letting him get back into his groove against Jacksonville.

83-Steelers-43
09-10-2006, 03:58 PM
If Ben is completely healthy, then let him play. If he's not, play Batch. Simple.

klick81
09-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I hope we see him in there Monday night. I don't think they'll put him in there if there is ANY chance that he will reopen the cut, and I really think he should get some playing time before the bungle game...just my 2 cents.

By the way...everytime i see a thread title like this one regarding Ben (with no obvious news), i get a little nervous inside!

Rotorhead
09-10-2006, 04:37 PM
I am thinking he will not play, he is a fast healer, but why chance it, the Jax game is almost meaningless (it is only afc) and I would rather a completely healed Ben instead of taking the chances. Batch will be fine in there, he can manage games well and doesnt choke under pressure. He has alot of starts under his belt. Just my $.02