PDA

View Full Version : Silly Jaguar's writers...

klick81
09-11-2006, 12:35 AM
Jaguars win saunaball
9/10/06
By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor

Welcome to north Florida in early September. Welcome to saunaball.

So, if the heat and humidity were too much for a team from Dallas, and it was, what do you think it'll be like for the team from Pittsburgh? Have the Steelers ever won here in September? No. Three tries, three losses.

The oppressively steamy air on Sunday was the Jaguars' best ally, even if it caused a few of the Jaguars' players to spend some time in the locker room with their own IV bag. It's easy to understand why the Cowboys got caught off guard. How could they have possibly thought Jacksonville was any more humid than Dallas? Now they know.

This was a game the Jaguars won because they were better conditioned and physically and mentally more prepared to play four quarters of saunaball. Now, it's the Steelers' turn.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that! I guess they need SOMETHING to allow themselves some hope!:dang:

augustashark
09-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Jaguars win saunaball
9/10/06

So, if the heat and humidity were too much for a team from Dallas, and it was, what do you think it'll be like for the team from Pittsburgh? Have the Steelers ever won here in September? No. Three tries, three losses.

The oppressively steamy air on Sunday was the Jaguars' best ally, even if it caused a few of the Jaguars' players to spend some time in the locker room with their own IV bag. It's easy to understand why the Cowboys got caught off guard. How could they have possibly thought Jacksonville was any more humid than Dallas? Now they know.

This was a game the Jaguars won because they were better conditioned and physically and mentally more prepared to play four quarters of saunaball. Now, it's the Steelers' turn.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that! I guess they need SOMETHING to allow themselves some hope!:dang:

One problem, Tommy's not playing this time. (like last years game in Pitt)

Stillers#1
09-11-2006, 12:49 AM
I have been to Florida, and I live in the Pacific NW right now. Pittsburgh is as humid as they come. The Steelers won't have a problem with the humidity, they have been pratcing in the same humidity and dheat as the Jags. This guy is just fishing. (BTW there is no such thing as humidity in this part of the country, although I miss Pittsburgh more than anything in the world).

I'm not worried.

WE DEY

bigbensgirl7
09-11-2006, 12:51 AM
One problem, Tommy's not playing this time. (like last years game in Pitt)

my thoughts exactly!!! :bouncy:

Petesburgh66
09-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Funny, people were writing off Pittsburgh last year as they wouldn't handle the thin air in Denver during the AFC title game. Right.......

X-Terminator
09-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Gee, I guess all of those hot, humid days in late July and August around here were an abberation :dang: Another genius sports writer...how nice.

HburgXL06
09-11-2006, 04:41 AM

I'm glad that we are makin up bowl names for every game now...I guess you have to when you can't win or even get to the only one that counts.

So, if the heat and humidity were too much for a
team from Dallas, and it was, what do you think it'll be like for the team from Pittsburgh? Have the Steelers ever won here in September? No. Three tries, three losses.

What will it be like? At this time of year, it will prolly be a lot like......Pittsburgh and with the fans that we have we will make sure it looks a lot like Pittsburgh as well!

What's the message here? "Even if our own players are unable to handle it, we are obviously more adept to rain and our own testicles sticking to each other in our shorts than anybody else!" Congrats jaguars, that is something to be proud of. I'm glad the weather was your team's best ally, because it would seem silly to attempt to make your strongest allies anythin that is actually related to the team. You know, things like coaching, running game (by the way where was that?), defense, or receiver core. I mean those are great in all but of course they have to come second to Drippy the raincloud and Huey heat index right?

Hubris: Pride cometh before a fall. It would seem to me that it is the reverse of what is suggested. The Steelers are not being allowed a chance at the Jaguars. What have the jaguars accomplished? As of now they are nothin more than any other NFL, simply they are not the champions. Instead, the Superbowl Champion Steelers are allowing the jaguars the opportunity of battle and the schedule was so gracious as to allow the jaguars to host this bout. It prolly is a good idea to have the weather be your strongest ally Jacksonville, because a little rain and humidity won't stop the Steelers.....you're goin to need a f*ckin hurricane!

This time the storm is coming from Pittsburgh and it will be raining BlackNGold!!

BuFu

Livinginthe past
09-11-2006, 05:05 AM
Jax done pretty well yesterday againsta Dallas team that got off to a good start.

The Jags remind me of the Steelers actually - they like to establish the run, atheletic, playmaking QB and a tough D (even though it is based on the 4-3) - and their receivers looked lively against a good Dallas D.

I think all the teams in Jax's schedule are going to have troubles with them.

NM

BlackNGold203
09-11-2006, 06:25 AM
I assume this writer forgot that they are playing us AT NIGHT????

:cool: :cool:

floodcitygirl
09-11-2006, 09:29 AM

:cool: :cool:Well there's a good point!

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-11-2006, 09:48 AM
...soooo their hope for a victory is.....humidity. Now THERE is a game plan!!!!

SteelersGirlTN7
09-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm glad that we are makin up bowl names for every game now...I guess you have to when you can't win or even get to the only one that counts.

What will it be like? At this time of year, it will prolly be a lot like......Pittsburgh and with the fans that we have we will make sure it looks a lot like Pittsburgh as well!

What's the message here? "Even if our own players are unable to handle it, we are obviously more adept to rain and our own testicles sticking to each other in our shorts than anybody else!" Congrats jaguars, that is something to be proud of. I'm glad the weather was your team's best ally, because it would seem silly to attempt to make your strongest allies anythin that is actually related to the team. You know, things like coaching, running game (by the way where was that?), defense, or receiver core. I mean those are great in all but of course they have to come second to Drippy the raincloud and Huey heat index right?

Hubris: Pride cometh before a fall. It would seem to me that it is the reverse of what is suggested. The Steelers are not being allowed a chance at the Jaguars. What have the jaguars accomplished? As of now they are nothin more than any other NFL, simply they are not the champions. Instead, the Superbowl Champion Steelers are allowing the jaguars the opportunity of battle and the schedule was so gracious as to allow the jaguars to host this bout. It prolly is a good idea to have the weather be your strongest ally Jacksonville, because a little rain and humidity won't stop the Steelers.....you're goin to need a f*ckin hurricane!

This time the storm is coming from Pittsburgh and it will be raining BlackNGold!!

BuFu

LOL Hurricanes don't even stop us! Remember Ben's welcome into the world of starting quarterbacks? Hurricane Jeanne was it? When we played the delayed game in Miami?

BlackNGold203
09-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Lets see...

The Ratbirds...who train about 100 miles from where we do...went down to Tampa...during a day game...and smacked down the Bucs....

I'm sorry...I just dont get it....

Tankus_Maximus
09-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Usin the weather as the 12th man, lovely.

In all seriousness..that's gonna be a tough game.

SteelerFanInCA
09-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Jaguars win saunaball
9/10/06

Not to mention Drew Bledsoe throwing 3 picks surely helping the Jags cause.

meanjoecoop
09-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Gee, I guess all of those hot, humid days in late July and August around here were an abberation :dang: Another genius sports writer...how nice.

Exactly...

I was in Latrobe the second week of August. The Thursday after the night practice at the high school. It was 100 degrees in the shade. Hardly any wind and 70% humidity.

We're doomed! :dang:

BBC
09-11-2006, 05:55 PM
We went in and smacked the Texans around in Houston week two last season, I don't expect this week two to be any different.

CantStop85
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
The Jags have been by far the most underestimated team in the league the past couple of years. It will be a tough test for the Steelers...I think they'll need Big Ben at 100% to win this one.

BBC
09-11-2006, 06:12 PM
The Jags have been by far the most underestimated team in the league the past couple of years. It will be a tough test for the Steelers...I think they'll need Big Ben at 100% to win this one.

Underestimated?

I think that their underestimation is very overrated. Everyone seems to think that they are underrated. Sorry, when everyone feels that way - you aren't underrated.

What the Jaguars are is lucky. They were lcuky to be given the easiest NFL schedule I have seen in a very long time for any team. They were lucky that they caught the Seahawks on Seattle's worst stretch of the season. They were lucky that they caught the Steelers on a week in which they were without Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward.

The Patriots exploited the Jags for exactly what they were last year in the playoffs. Undeserving.

CantStop85
09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
The Patriots exploited the Jags for exactly what they were last year in the playoffs. Undeserving.
They also didn't have Byron Leftwich or Fred Taylor in the playoffs.

There's a reason they give Indianapolis fits every season...their defense is really good. And with a healthy Byron Leftwich and Fred Taylor, their offense is certainly above average.

I'm not saying they're going to win the superbowl, but they will be a tough test for the Steelers, especially if Ben can't go.

BBC
09-11-2006, 07:30 PM
They also didn't have Byron Leftwich or Fred Taylor in the playoffs.

Really? Byron managed to throw 31 pass attempts, and Fred Taylor was able to receive the most rushes of any Jaguar without either being in the playoffs? That is impressive.

There's a reason they give Indianapolis fits every season...their defense is really good. And with a healthy Byron Leftwich and Fred Taylor, their offense is certainly above average.

You do understand that this team defeated only 2 healthy teams with winning records the entire season last year, right?

I'm not saying they're going to win the superbowl, but they will be a tough test for the Steelers, especially if Ben can't go.

I would agree with this if the Steelers still had Tommy Maddox. Unfortunately for Jacksonville, they will not be handed 4 turnovers this game, and will not win.

CantStop85
09-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Really? Byron managed to throw 31 pass attempts, and Fred Taylor was able to receive the most rushes of any Jaguar without either being in the playoffs? That is impressive.
Haha...wow, you're right...I forgot Leftwich and Taylor healed in time for the game. I guess I've just been trying to forget about those playoffs a little too much.

I would agree with this if the Steelers still had Tommy Maddox. Unfortunately for Jacksonville, they will not be handed 4 turnovers this game, and will not win.
I didn't say the Steelers would be doomed to lose...I said the Jags will be a tough test, which they will be.

Tankus_Maximus
09-11-2006, 11:13 PM
FLIP FLOP!! FLIP FLOP!! FLIP FLOP!!!

How's that crow taste, boy?

Livinginthe past
09-11-2006, 11:15 PM
FLIP FLOP!! FLIP FLOP!! FLIP FLOP!!!

How's that crow taste, boy?

I can see you admire BBC's use of facts to derail other poster's theories.

Mind you, its not half as impressive as piling on afterward is it?

NM

augustashark
09-11-2006, 11:52 PM

NM

:stirthepot:

Some things never change!

HburgXL06
09-11-2006, 11:55 PM

NM

YEA!!! WHAT HE SAID!!!

BuFu

SteelShooter
09-12-2006, 12:11 AM

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are just too funny! Good One Bro!

SteelShooter
09-12-2006, 12:13 AM

You do understand that this team defeated only 2 healthy teams with winning records the entire season last year, right?

Hoo-Yah!!!!!!!!!!

meanjoecoop
09-12-2006, 08:16 AM

:rofl:

The moon is much warmer in Florida...:rolleyes:

Tankus_Maximus
09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah, so...what's your point? I was posting MY opinion on this.

You (LITP) love to pile on wherever & whenever. I didn't realize you were suddenly his nanny.

It's called The Blast Furnace for a reason.

If ya can't take the heat.....

Livinginthe past
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah, so...what's your point? I was posting MY opinion on this.

You (LITP) love to pile on wherever & whenever. I didn't realize you were suddenly his nanny.

It's called The Blast Furnace for a reason.

If ya can't take the heat.....

You didn't realise I was who's nanny exactly?

I enjoyed BBC's fact based rebuttal of CantStop's points - I was just observing that its a little more skillful than repeatedly calling someone 'boy'.

NM

Tankus_Maximus
09-12-2006, 11:58 AM
It appears you have quite the fascination with Cantstop, I assumed you were his nanny. If your relationship is more than that, I apologize. But quoting "boy" twice is NOT repeatedly. That's just stating it a "couple" of times.

If you don't like it, IGNORE.

Livinginthe past
09-12-2006, 12:13 PM
It appears you have quite the fascination with Cantstop, I assumed you were his nanny. If your relationship is more than that, I apologize. But quoting "boy" twice is NOT repeatedly. That's just stating it a "couple" of times.

Come on Tankus,

Being a Steelers fan - you know very well what repeat means.

Im a Patriots fan and I know what it means, too.

It means more than once.

I was just saying I enjoyed BBC's repartee and that it was better than yours - that's all.

NM

CantStop85
09-12-2006, 01:24 PM

Actually, it would appear that you have quite the fascination with Cantstop, not to mention with male relationships.

Tankus_Maximus
09-12-2006, 09:33 PM
I thought you had me on IGNORE. What happened to that, kid?

Tankus_Maximus
09-12-2006, 09:50 PM
There ya go again LITP, always playing "Batman" to Cantstop's "Robin".

What's it to you if I use the word "boy", "son", or "kid" in any of my postings??? If you don't like it...IGNORE.

So simple, even you can understand it.

Livinginthe past
09-13-2006, 01:40 AM
There ya go again LITP, always playing "Batman" to Cantstop's "Robin".

What's it to you if I use the word "boy", "son", or "kid" in any of my postings??? If you don't like it...IGNORE.

So simple, even you can understand it.

Thats twice you have posted practically the same thing.

Its what we call a 'repeat'.

Well done.

NM

Tankus_Maximus
09-13-2006, 10:34 AM
And as usual you avoid my question. What's it to you?

You force me to ask again. Go on. Answer.

HburgXL06
09-13-2006, 11:35 AM
So anyway.................you know them Jags?

Yea, I really don't like them in the game against the Steelers. I want to know who came up wit the idea that teal and black was an original and intimidatin color combination. Seems to me to be teal and black would make you look more like a bruised Gumby than a jaguar. But that's just me....I guess it's a dumb question. Either way I don't think a lil kitty is goin to be able to hurt Steel.

BuFu

tony hipchest
09-13-2006, 11:40 AM
So anyway.................you know them Jags?

Yea, I really don't like them in the game against the Steelers. I want to know who came up wit the idea that teal and black was an original and intimidatin color combination. Seems to me to be teal and black would make you look more like a bruised Gumby than a jaguar. But that's just me....I guess it's a dumb question. Either way I don't think a lil kitty is goin to be able to hurt Steel.

BuFushhhhhh..... *whispers* no disrupting the hatred.

:sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
09-13-2006, 11:52 AM
lol...there's no hatred. It's football-smack at it's worst. That feeble attempt at a p !ssing contest is dead and gone. Now that that's put to bed. ahem.. yeah, the Jags are tough as steel. But I think the X-Factor is going to be Leftwich, the guy is a load to bring down, and he's mobile, but he makes poor decisions. I look for another big day by the LB Corp, and our secondary.

BBC
09-19-2006, 09:06 PM
D'oh :dang:

http://sasksocialclub.com/sask_graphics/eat_crow.gif

klick81
09-20-2006, 01:02 AM
LOL...did you have to go and post that? Hahaha...

Tankus_Maximus
09-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Seein that crow, stung a lil. Just a lil.

Sergeant Smash
09-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Time to put in Charles D'Donte Snatch!

VIKES 2-0!

Tankus_Maximus
09-20-2006, 11:01 AM
ya gotta laugh whenever ya see Snatch in a sentence. lmfao.

Welcome aboard rookie.

Sergeant Smash
09-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Thank you Stankus...

I am here for the:
• Intelligent and friendly discussions.
• It's free and it's quick.
• Enter events in the forums calendar.
• Very user friendly software.
• Exclusive contests and giveaways

and beer. Where is it.

:cheers:

Tankus_Maximus
09-20-2006, 11:22 PM
I dunno about intelligent or friendly..some of the locals here got their head up their...well ya' know.

I've yet to see any beer. But a Corona does sound good.