PDA

View Full Version : What worries you most?

Elvis
09-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Ok.. now that week 1 is over and we can look forward to week 2 in Jacksonville. What are some of your worries about this Jaguars team and be honest...
My thoughts= We must get Ben healthily back and ready for a tough physical game first of all... Then Willie better be ready for a very hard hittin' game as well.. the yards will be tough to come by and we saw that last year... I know we didnt have Ben but this will still be a very stingy defense even without their DE they just lost... Before they moved out of our division, this was startin' to be a very good rival and they or us havent forgot it.. So be ready for a smash mouth Hard hittin' Very Physical game...I hope that everyone enjoys that kind of game as much as I do ... I love it...

Stillers#1
09-11-2006, 09:18 AM
I am pretty excited about this game. I have always liked the Jax/Pit rivalry. They have some great DT's and I love watching Faneca go at it trying to make some holes. Leftwich is one of my favorite "other teams QB's", he seems to have a lot of heart and I hear he is a great guy. I wish this team was still in our division. This is a team I would love to see the Stillers play, they seem to have a good head on their collective shoulders. Unlike the Bungholes, who for some reasosn think they are the team to beat.

Stillers#1
09-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Oh and to answer ur question, I am really only worried about the running game, Henderson and Stroud are both beasts. Like I said, looking forward to seeing our inside guys against those two.

BlackNGold203
09-11-2006, 09:45 AM
No large worries...

we need to see progress from the special teams...especially kick coverage...

running will be tough....Ben or Charlie will have to loosen them up in the air....

They wont score alot of points...

Midnightwriter07
09-11-2006, 10:17 AM
My wory is minor, other than the fact that Jax is not a team that gives up at all and plays down to the last minute. I think we can beat them, but i just know they arent a team that packs it in and always seems to hang around just long enough for another team to take it easy or make mistakes. I think we can stop there run ok, but Leftwhich will air it out and that always worries me against our corners. Will be Monday in Jax so will be looking forward to it .. but man, i hate waiting !!!!

stlrtruck
09-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Special Teams! oh and Ike Taylor being able to either catch an interception or make a tackle!

Haiku_Dirtt
09-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Can Ben's tendency for the scalpel end for now? And our O-line needs to find its 4 quarter 'game shape' sooner rather than later. And the between the tackles rushing.

But really no major worries.

Elvis
09-11-2006, 12:08 PM
no major worries huh?..... hmmmm
We must have the greatest team to ever hit the field I guess...
Steelers 55
Jaguars 0
Is this the way you think the game will be?

Mosca
09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Special teams, both on kicking and returning. Those are the plays that are either routine or game changing. With good special teams they are always routine; with bad special teams an entire games' worth of tough play can be erased in 30 seconds.

We have to get them together NOW, or it will eventually cost us big time.

Tom

SteelerFanInCA
09-11-2006, 12:59 PM
The special teams play worries me most. This game has the makings of being a tight played game and I'd hate to lose it on account on a special teams blunder.

SteelersFire
09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Jax is a tough team. It won't be an easy game by any means. I think the pressure's going to be on Ben big time and I always nurse some concerns about his consistency. If we can keep up the running game and blitz, blitz, blitz, I'm not real worried.

This assumes that their field won't be as slick as Heinz apparently was :dang:

Stlrs4Life
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh and to answer ur question, I am really only worried about the running game, Henderson and Stroud are both beasts. Like I said, looking forward to seeing our inside guys against those two.

Same here.

Hawk Believer
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
This is a pretty obvious and general analysis. But... Everybody is gunning for you guys because you are the champs. But I would think that the Jags are going to be hyper-motivated to beat you guys next week. Even though they won 12 games last year, they did not seem to get much respect for their record. It sounds cliche, but I bet that they have been focused on this game throughout the whole off season as an opportunity to show the world that they are a team to be reckoned with. I think there is a good chance this team is going to leave everything on the field against your Steelers. I hope its on TV out here!

NV STEELERS 723
09-11-2006, 07:37 PM
STEELERS 31 Jags 16

Ohio Steeler
09-11-2006, 07:41 PM
STEELERS 31 Jags 16

that would be nice however I think it will be a close game

Steelers 32
Jags 21

Midnightwriter07
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Because the jags always hang around .. i see it being close no matter what the score.. i will go with 27 to 24

bozz723
09-12-2006, 12:55 AM
no major worries huh?..... hmmmm
We must have the greatest team to ever hit the field I guess...
Steelers 55
Jaguars 0
Is this the way you think the game will be?

Yep, you hit the nail on the head.

clevestinks
09-12-2006, 05:22 AM
No large worries...

we need to see progress from the special teams...especially kick coverage...

running will be tough....Ben or Charlie will have to loosen them up in the air....

They wont score alot of points...

Kick Coverage! Damn if that aint the truth. This seems to be a problem year after year.

And I don`t want Ben rushed back to quickly.

ARKIESTEEL
09-12-2006, 05:45 AM
What worries you most?

Snakes never did like them:sofunny:

HometownGal
09-12-2006, 06:58 AM
The only notable aspect of the upcoming game that I am concerned about is the ST play. They have got to get it together and finish those tackles. Leftwich is a tough cookie and the D is going to have to pressure him early and often. I don't see this as a cakewalk, but I believe the Steelers can win this one with heads up play and keeping up with the balance they exhibited last week against Miami.

Steelers- 20
Jags - 14

Rotorhead
09-12-2006, 10:53 AM
The ST is the biggest concern, but Cowher should have that taken care of. I honestly think that as long as we do not commit any stupid turnovers that we will win by 10+ . . . so we win 20-10

19ward86
09-12-2006, 01:53 PM
special teams, jeff reed needs to get his act together or he will be the next kris brown,ben

CaliforniaChris
09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Good question WeDose.

Having no starting free safety, is a worry. Throughout training camp & preseason, Ryan Clark was the weakest link on our defense. I know that's not saying much because we have a fine defense. But starting free safetey was such a void that Cowher practically tossed-a-coin to almost start a midget we found on the street last year (5'8" Tyrone Carter - and no, Tyrone's not Thomas Everett). Ryan was toast throughout preseason to the point that it looked like we had the disadvantage of playing with only 10 positions on the field all thru preseason. Tho a bad SanFran team didnt want him, this offseason I gave Steelers brass benefit of the doubt about bringing Ryan in.

On the plus side, other teams treat FS position as lowest priority on their defense. For example the Dallas Cryboys etc were in same scenerio as us, meaning had no free safety & they did same thing we did, fill it with a just body till the rookie draftpick is ready to start a couple years from now.

Thank god we have a great defensive coordinator. THE best at smoke & mirrors, LeBeau could win even with only 10 players.

Elvis
09-14-2006, 06:36 AM
Jags are no chump team... and those that dont believe me... watch on monday night, if your allowed to stay up that late....