PDA

View Full Version : Two Back Attack

benberger
09-11-2006, 10:59 AM
so, in this copycat league, all teams are scrambling for a two back attack modeled after the super bowl champion pittsburgh steelers..of course outside of chicago no one has a defense to go with it to compare to ours......anyways, heres hoping the steelers come up with a second back, and soon, or fast willie is going to be limp willie(no pun intended).

83-Steelers-43
09-11-2006, 11:03 AM
I believe Davenport is capable if he can stay healthy.

Elvis
09-11-2006, 12:12 PM
The league has always been that way about copying other people's success... do you blame them? The Falcons have always or atleast in the last 3 or 4 years had 2 pretty decent backs in Atlanta.. Thats the reason (of course Vick helps also) they have led the league the last couple years in rushing..There are a few people in the league now trying to copy our 3-4 Defense and they are finding out just how hard it is to find those Very Athletic LB's we seem to find all the time it seems like..

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-11-2006, 12:26 PM
so, in this copycat league, all teams are scrambling for a two back attack modeled after the super bowl champion pittsburgh steelers..of course outside of chicago no one has a defense to go with it to compare to ours......anyways, heres hoping the steelers come up with a second back, and soon, or fast willie is going to be limp willie(no pun intended).

I think Davenport will help considerably..however as an Illinois resident I do have to say that Chicago's Defense is a sham. Let Pitt play Greenbay/Detroit/Minnesotta 6 times a year ans see what kind of numbers we put up...The real mettle of Chicagos defense was apparrant when we played them last year. They are maybe a top 10 defense at best.

ARKIESTEEL
09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I think Davenport will help considerably..however as an Illinois resident I do have to say that Chicago's Defense is a sham. Let Pitt play Greenbay/Detroit/Minnesotta 6 times a year ans see what kind of numbers we put up...The real mettle of Chicagos defense was apparrant when we played them last year. They are maybe a top 10 defense at best.

Amen :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Steelknife
09-11-2006, 02:12 PM
You guys are underhyping Davenport. When healthy, he is capable of starting for many teams in this league. He is a huge upgrade over the Bettis of the past few years, at the very least.

SteelerFanInCA
09-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Plus a change of scenery usually tends to work out for the better. He will now get to run behind our "O" line as opposed to GB's O line.

ajs8207
09-11-2006, 03:04 PM
If he can stay healthy we can have a great two back rushing attack.

SteelerFanInCA
09-11-2006, 03:08 PM
How soon do you think before we see this guy in our lineup?

hardwork
09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Teams have been benefiting from two good backs for decades. There's nothing new about it, nor did the Steelers start it. Right now the best one two punch is in New England with Maroney and Dillon.

SteelerFanInCA
09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Teams have been benefiting from two good backs for decades. There's nothing new about it, nor did the Steelers start it. Right now the best one two punch is in New England with Maroney and Dillon.

Although it looks good on paper, let's just see how long it goes before Dillon gets hurt again.

hardwork
09-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Although it looks good on paper, let's just see how long it goes before Dillon gets hurt again.

Sure Dillon isn't young any more but it isn't a given he'll get hurt. It isn't a given he'll get hurt any more, or less, then any other back in the NFL.

tony hipchest
09-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Sure Dillon isn't young any more but it isn't a given he'll get hurt. It isn't a given he'll get hurt any more, or less, then any other back in the NFL.very true. if dillon stays healthy that powerful running attact could vault the patriots into the top 25 in offense.

paw-n-maul-u
09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
How soon do you think before we see this guy in our lineup?

I was wondering that same thing. I haven't really been paying attention to the board this weekend and actually just found out yesterday that we signed davenport ... the only problem I have with him is that he is an injury waiting to happen, however, I think he is a great upgrade to our backfield rotation

Any update on whether or not he'll be in there next monday night??? I know he was hurt last year ... fully recovered??? what's the scoop???

Preacher
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM

Back to the original post... I do not call what the Steelers had last year a two-back attack, at least not a true one. For a true two-back attack, look at the Steelers of the seventies. I hope Davenport works out, because the featured back setup (IMO) wears down backs over a few years. I would MUTCH rather see a second back able to take fifteen to twenty carries a game (at any time), and able to take 25+ carries over three or four games.

sculleyd
09-11-2006, 06:48 PM
I was wondering that same thing. I haven't really been paying attention to the board this weekend and actually just found out yesterday that we signed davenport ... the only problem I have with him is that he is an injury waiting to happen, however, I think he is a great upgrade to our backfield rotation

One good thing for Davenport is the way our schedule opened up -- 11 days between games 1 and 2, and a bye at week 4. Normally, I'm not a big fan of having the early bye week, but it'll be good for Davenport to get in the playbook and get lots of coaching and film time between games. I'd look for him to get some spot duties with a reduced playbook against Jax and Cinci, and then be ready to go whenever he's needed with the full playbook after the bye week.

clevestinks
09-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Willie, Haynes and Davenport, this is a great combo. Willie gets most the carries, Haynes grabs some long third downs, and Davenport the tough yards. This will work fine

19ward86
09-12-2006, 01:59 PM
davenport is an ok back, he will be like staley when he first came here 2yrs ago. he will be worth the steelers getting rid of cobbs.

Midnightwriter07
09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
He will be fine, he runs upright and doesnt protect himself very much so that is the knock on him but he runs hard and is a bruiser... i think he will work fine for our system and will be a great compliment to Fast Willie...

Midnightwriter07
09-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Wooohhoooo I am a starterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .. put me in coach, i am ready to pay ...