PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Sound (or close to it)

stlrtruck
09-11-2006, 01:07 PM
This past week, I was able to get some Steelers stuff on my 1 year old's walls. And since then, I've worked on her after every diaper changing or dressing to recognize the Steelers emblem and Ben.

Well the other day she sounded like she was attempting to say, "Steelers" as she was eye-balling the poster of Ben. I was a proud daddy at that point. And as soon as I can get it on video, it's going live to Steelers Nation!

My wife still things I'm crazy but I proved to her that my daughter knows football because when I asked her, "Where's Ben?" She turns around and points at the poster!!!!

floodcitygirl
09-11-2006, 01:51 PM
This past week, I was able to get some Steelers stuff on my 1 year old's walls. And since then, I've worked on her after every diaper changing or dressing to recognize the Steelers emblem and Ben.

Well the other day she sounded like she was attempting to say, "Steelers" as she was eye-balling the poster of Ben. I was a proud daddy at that point. And as soon as I can get it on video, it's going live to Steelers Nation!

My wife still things I'm crazy but I proved to her that my daughter knows football because when I asked her, "Where's Ben?" She turns around and points at the poster!!!!Stlrtruck for Dad of the Year!!!! Can't wait for the video! :cool:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-11-2006, 02:08 PM

My wife still things I'm crazy but I proved to her that my daughter knows football because when I asked her, "Where's Ben?" She turns around and points at the poster!!!!

I got two kids myself...the greatest sound in the world is hearing your family talking in the next room...I can close my eyes and just soak it in forever. My boy sits with me during the games and we talk about stats and past players....Sometimes I just sit there smiling while he watches the game and just try to burn the moment into my brain. Steelers and Steelers football have provided some really cool moments for me in my life.

floodcitygirl
09-11-2006, 02:18 PM
I got two kids myself...the greatest sound in the world is hearing your family talking in the next room...I can close my eyes and just soak it in forever. My boy sits with me during the games and we talk about stats and past players....Sometimes I just sit there smiling while he watches the game and just try to burn the moment into my brain. Steelers and Steelers football have provided some really cool moments for me in my life.Ok....LLT for Dad of the Year too! :smile:

HburgXL06
09-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Now I know who to model my parenting techniques after when I finally have kids (it goin be a while). My dad seems to love the fact that I can now sound of stats and plays and past players and teams wit him. Unfortunately he never got to fully teach me the game of football, which was a lil or both our faults and my fam situation growin up. I've basically learned all my football knowledge on my own through observation and absorbtion (sp/is that a word?) of everythin I could read about the Steelers and the sport of football.

Anyway I am rambling....let us know how the brainswashin..I mean raising of kid for the BlackNGold goes!

BuFu

steelcurtain09
09-11-2006, 03:09 PM
absorbtion (sp/is that a word?)

its absorption
close enough

PisnNapalm
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Ever since my kids could first talk I taught them to recogonize the Steelers logo. Both of them know lots of the players names and numbers. :)

Keep up the good work!

Elvis
09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
My 2 year old step son.. Conner, in between running here and there of course, really gets excited when we make a big play on Dee or score a TD.. I'll say Tooouuuccchhhdddoowwwnnnn!!! and he will come runnin' through the living room and saying touchdown and his hands straight up, it is real cool... like being in church and him raising his hand and sayin' Amen... nothing more awesome than a child bein' excited..

bigbensgirl7
09-11-2006, 04:05 PM
My son is 2 1/2 and he says talks about the Steelers constantly. Actually living in Dayton, OH we have to deal with Cincy fans and if he hears "who dey" he will say that's a bad word and then say "WE DEY".
I do remember when he first started saying Steelers and he knew the emblem and eveything...it made me a very proud mommy.

imp-n-arn
09-11-2006, 05:37 PM
now if we could only get Ben on the playing field.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-11-2006, 11:50 PM

I'm all for brainwashing they VERY young - that's what fathers are supposed to do with their little girls.

19ward86
09-12-2006, 02:00 PM
dad of the year sounds good