PDA

View Full Version : Which QB gets the bench first??

Ambridge
09-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Jake Plummer
Drew Bledsoe
Brett Favre

All of them turned in putrid performances in Week One.......which one gets the pine first.

I'm going with Bledsoe.

tony hipchest
09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
seems like shanahan and parcells are married to their qb's and think they have a sb berth on the line. im not too sure they want to hand it over to a 1st time starter. im very curious to see how brunell works out tonight. and i wonder if whatshisname has the balls to bench farve. tough choise with all 4, but gb coach has the least to lose.

PisnNapalm
09-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Farve should have been cut.

hardwork
09-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Farve should have been cut.

Yeah, they shouldn't have brought him back.

PisnNapalm
09-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Even the 49'ers knew when it was time to move on from their star qb.

ARKIESTEEL
09-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Cullpepper:bouncy:

ARKIESTEEL
09-11-2006, 05:16 PM
When Cullpepper made that little scramble and threw the ball down the feild for a first down the goofy fins fan sitting next to me stood up and pointed at me and said thats Culpepper football right there. I said I will remind you of this later

Ambridge
09-11-2006, 05:38 PM
When Cullpepper made that little scramble and threw the ball down the feild for a first down the goofy fins fan sitting next to me stood up and pointed at me and said thats Culpepper football right there. I said I will remind you of this later

We had a threesome of loud Miami fans that were sitting next to me and my cousin and one of these Dopes kept standing up every time Culpepper dropped back to pass screaming Alley-Ooop......Alley-Ooop!! and being generally obnoxious otherwise.
He kinda shut-up when my cousin loudly reminded him that the "Alley-Ooop" would work better if he had Randy Moss to throw to.

I gotta a nice picture of three idiots sitting very dejected at the end of the game.
I'll post the picture as soon as I get it developed.

ARKIESTEEL
09-11-2006, 05:39 PM
We had a threesome of loud Miami fans that were sitting next to me and my cousin and one of these Dopes kept standing up every time Culpepper dropped back to pass screaming Alley-Ooop......Alley-Ooop!! and being generally obnoxious otherwise.
He kinda shut-up when my cousin loudly reminded him that the "Alley-Ooop" would work better if he had Randy Moss to throw to.

I gotta a nice picture of three idiots sitting very dejected at the end of the game.
I'll post the picture as soon as I get it developed.

Where was you at I was up in 514

SteelCityMan786
09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Brett Favre. He needs to retire. No need for him to come back.

SteelerFanInCA
09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I think Favre may be benched by season end. I couldn't believe that guy was still trying to throw a pass from the seat of his pants yesterday. Although Bledsoe and Plummer will soon be looking over their shoulders as well.

Hawk Believer
09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I think Farve won't get benched per se. They might tell him they are planning on benching him and give him the option to retire to save face. Maybe even play up an injury or something.

My gut would tell me that Romo might get a crack at Bledsoe's spot sooner than later. He saw a lot of preseason action. He played the entire game against the Seahawks and showed a lot of potential. Parcells was not afraid to play Bledsoe a lot when he was really young. But that brings up a counter argument.... Does Parcell's long history with Bledsoe make him more likely to stick with him out of loyalty? And can a young quarterback be expected to lead a team with Terrel Owens on it? My guess is no. But I don't think any can lead TO. Except Brett Farve, right?:sofunny: Maybe the Cowboys can pick him up on waivers and TO will stop being a malcontent.

Ohio Steeler
09-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Jake Plummer
Drew Bledsoe
Brett Favre

All of them turned in putrid performances in Week One.......which one gets the pine first.

I'm going with Bledsoe.

my money is on Bledsoe

SteelShooter
09-12-2006, 12:37 AM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

SteelShooter
09-12-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll tentatively forecast Favre taking limited benchtime to "break in the new guy." Unfortunately, the time by the new kid will increase as the season moves forward...........culminating in an "injury" to Brett, making the new coach look like a psychic for his "forethought." :cool:

That's my own little conspiracy theory you know...................we all have one. :rolleyes:

boLT fan
09-12-2006, 12:47 AM
WE HAVE A WINNER!

Congratulations Aaron Brooks! :sofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-12-2006, 12:54 AM
WE HAVE A WINNER!

Congratulations Aaron Brooks!

the chargers sacked him what 20 times tonight? Man the guys just SUCKS. Bledsoe is running a close second by the comments from The Tuna

"And if you don't believe him, then take it from coach Bill Parcells: This remains Bledsoe's team ... "right now."

....now there's a vote of confidence from the head coach

boLT fan
09-12-2006, 12:58 AM
the chargers sacked him what 20 times tonight? Man the guys just SUCKS.

Close enough!

And I bet Ray Lewis is like a kid on christmas thinking about playing against oakland next week. :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
09-12-2006, 02:01 AM
I'd put Aaron Brooks in pole position for the chop - alot of people like Andrew Walter out there.

Just behind would be Jake Plummer, with a 1st rounder spent on Jay Cutler they might want to get him in the mix early.

Its not as if either QB is in the solid, seasoned pro mold like a Jon Kitna - they both throw alot of bad passes and arent even capable game managers on their off days.

NM

Ambridge
09-12-2006, 06:29 AM
Where was you at I was up in 514

I was in 520 in the end zone.

Ohio Steeler
09-12-2006, 07:26 AM
after last night I have to change my vote to Aaron Brooks and I also would like to say I do belive there is a team that sucks more then clebveland and that team is oakland

ARKIESTEEL
09-12-2006, 07:48 AM
I hope Batch Gets benched pretty quick so his backup whats that kids name Big Ben gets a chance to play:bouncy:

Hines86Ward
09-12-2006, 08:39 AM
My vote goes to Chris Simms. I don't think he'll last more than 5 weeks as the starter in Tampa Bay....

HometownGal
09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
If we were 4-5 games into the season and all of these QBs were stinking out the joints, I would be better able to add my two cents, but c'mon guys - we're talking about ONE game! I've always believed that what greatly aids a QB in being most effective is the line in front of him and the supporting cast around him. All QBs have a few "off" games in a season and with Bledsoe and Plummer, this may or may not be the case. Both are not consistent but when they're on, they've definitely got their groove going, so I don't see either of them being benched this season. As for Brett Favre - I really believe his time has come and gone, even though he has a weak OL in front of him which is a contributing factor to his lack of success last season and this season.

boLT fan
09-12-2006, 04:08 PM
My vote goes to Chris Simms. I don't think he'll last more than 5 weeks as the starter in Tampa Bay....

... wow... just wow...

Please say that was a joke. :dang:

augustashark
09-12-2006, 05:18 PM
... wow... just wow...

Please say that was a joke. :dang:

Keep an eye on Rivers. You stop that run game in SD and you got yourself a win. Your D is really good and special teams look alright, but you guys are not where you need to be as far as your passing game. IMO.