PDA

View Full Version : 3 teams get skunked at home

tony hipchest
09-12-2006, 10:32 AM
shutouts are rare in the nfl, but 3 in the same weekend, all lost by the hometeam????

i wonder if thats a record?

ahman green rushes for 100+ yards at lambeau against the bears on a farve led team and they fail to score? amazing. the combo of r. moss, a. brooks, l. jordan, and gbh janikowski cant put up 3? and although baltimore has always had a gruden coached teams number the offensive guru cant manage a td with last years rookie of the year, supposed breakout qb of the year simms and deep threats like galloway and clayton (and dont forget the newly acquired t.e. phenom doug jolley, who coincidentally the jets gm traded away their #1 pick to aqcuire as he passed on heath miller and said jolley would be much better)

the oakland and green bay debauchle doesnt really suprise me. the tampa bay one does.

SteelerFanInCA
09-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Was San Diego's defense that good? Or Oakland's line that bad? I'd say a little of both. I bet Aaron Brooks kept having nightmares of Shawne Merriman last night. Art Shell didn't look too happy on the side lines.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Was San Diego's defense that good? Or Oakland's line that bad? I'd say a little of both.

With Oakland just sucking in general it does makes it hard to tell if the San diego defense is as good as it appeared last night. :sofunny:

BlackNGold203
09-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Aaron Brooks

Nuff said...:cool: :cool:

SteelerFanInCA
09-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Aaron Brooks

Nuff said...:cool: :cool:

I'm not sure it was all Brooks fault last night. The dude had no time to throw and when he did, his WR's dropped the balls that were thrown to them. I couldn't figure out why Brooks was taking so many steps while dropping back in the pocket.

tony hipchest
09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
First time in 15 years with three shutouts

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Sept. 12, 2006) -- The three shutouts on the NFL's opening weekend marked the first time in 15 years that three teams went scoreless in a single weekend.

Baltimore beat Tampa Bay 27-0, Chicago beat Green Bay 26-0 and San Diego capped the opening weekend with a 27-0 blanking of Oakland.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, that marked the first time that had happened since Sept. 15, 1991, the third week of that season.

The Raiders beat the Colts 16-0; Philadelphia beat Dallas 24-0; and the Redskins beat the Cardinals 34-0 that year. The Raiders, then in Los Angeles, were coached by Art Shell, who returned this year to coach the team after being fired in 1994.

MattsMe
09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
First time in 15 years with three shutouts

NFL.com wire reports

NEW YORK (Sept. 12, 2006) -- The three shutouts on the NFL's opening weekend marked the first time in 15 years that three teams went scoreless in a single weekend.

Baltimore beat Tampa Bay 27-0, Chicago beat Green Bay 26-0 and San Diego capped the opening weekend with a 27-0 blanking of Oakland.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, that marked the first time that had happened since Sept. 15, 1991, the third week of that season.

The Raiders beat the Colts 16-0; Philadelphia beat Dallas 24-0; and the Redskins beat the Cardinals 34-0 that year. The Raiders, then in Los Angeles, were coached by Art Shell, who returned this year to coach the team after being fired in 1994.

I wonder how long it's been since 3 home teams got shut out, if ever. Also, didn't last night's games mean that road teams won 11 out of the first 16 games? That has to be a first.