PDA

View Full Version : Tim Cowlishaw comments from Around The Horn

Carolina Steelers
09-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I hardly ever jump on the Media I know they dont give the Us a chance to repeat but Cowlishaws comments said the Chargers Are one of the Elite teams in the AFC then he add along with the Colts then he said "And the Steelers aren't one of them" how can you say the Chargers are an elite team the beat the awful Raiders and Rivers only completed 8 passes during the game I agree they have a good defense and they have LT but come on an elite team I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks when we play the Chargers.

augustashark
09-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Eight or nine in the box and the game is over! I watched SD lastnight and what I seen was a QB that is lucky that A. they played a bad team. B. that he has the best running back in the league and C. the D will keep them in every game. He seems ok, but a come from behind or last min drive QB he is not.

PisnNapalm
09-12-2006, 04:47 PM
How can we not be an "elite " team? 2 seasons ago we went 15 and 1 and all the way to the AFC Championship game. Last season we won it all!

/me talks to Cowlishaw.... "It's time to put down the crack pipe pal."

CrimsonSteeler3443
09-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Simple Answer: Tim Cowlishaw is dumb.

Stlrs4Life
09-12-2006, 05:03 PM
Who in the _ is Tim Cowlishaw? he doesn't carry any wieght anyway.

SteelerFanInCA
09-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Tim Cowlishaw = Dumb Ass.

bigbensgirl7
09-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Again...another guy who will prove himself to be an idiot. Who cares!!!

Atlanta Dan
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
This is not college football - the best team is determined on the field, not by a sportswriter's opinion as to who is the best team. In other words, who cares what team a sportswriter regards as being the best?

Even assuming you have nothing better to do with your day than watch Around The Horn, Cold Pizza or any of the other dreck ESPN uses to fill up its day (for those of us old enough to remember, ESPN used to broadcast sports rather than shows featuring sportwriters and poker) do not lose any sleep over what is said by the talking heads.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-12-2006, 06:47 PM
This is getting old and I usually could care less what the media thinks. But I can't believe how the Steelers continue get dissrespected. How can the Chargers be an elite team? The Steelers even beat them at San Diego might add last year. Now they don't have Drew Brees. I think Phil Rivers will be a good NFL QB. But not this year. To me the Steelers are still the best team in the AFC.

I know Bengal land is all happy that the Bengals beat the overrated Chiefs. It was impressive they won in KC. But the Chiefs defense is horrible. An old Ty Law isn't enough to correct all the Chiers problems on defense. The Chiefs offensive line isn't as good as it was since both starting OT's retired. That was more of a factor to LJ not having a monster game against the Bengals then the Bengals improved run defense. Overall a good win for the Bengals but they still have questions as well.

The Colts need a run game badly. They did get a win. But with no running game. The Colts could be in trouble. The Ravens will fade. I know it. Oh yea back to the great Pats offense and the 17 points it put up on the Bills. I thought the Pats offense was supposed to light everybody up this year. Well thats what hardwork said at least.

I don't even want to talk about the Broncos. I thought they were overrated last year and by lossing to the Rams. I think they are still overrated. This game is one game closer to the Jay Cutler era for the Broncos.

The bottomline its still way to early to even think about the best teams in the AFC. So this was a worthless post on my part. But this won't be a first time someone posted a worthless post on this site and it won't be the last.

HometownGal
09-12-2006, 07:05 PM
I crack up imaging these idiots rubbing their crystal balls predicting who's who in the NFL, especially one game into the season! :sofunny: If it wasn't so amusing, it would actually be pitiful.

Midnightwriter07
09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Good let them and dont worry about it, we are much better at the underdog role than we are visa versa... our main goal is to win the division and get into the playoffs.. those really should be the only things we worry about. Who cares, as we showed last year, who is ranked what.

Ambridge
09-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Who in the _ is Tim Cowlishaw? he doesn't carry any wieght anyway.

Cowlishaw writes a daily column for the Dallas Morning News.
That pretty much says a lot right there.
Along with Woody Paige(who also is a regular on ATH) writes a column for a Denver newspaper and is usually anti-Steeler.

They're both idiots who make Jay Mariotti look like a genius.

jaysta
09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
How can we not be an "elite " team? 2 seasons ago we went 15 and 1 and all the way to the AFC Championship game. Last season we won it all!

/me talks to Cowlishaw.... "It's time to put down the crack pipe pal."

You know what....maybe Cowlishaw is right. We're not an elite team, we're a Dynasty!:tt:

Hey Cowlishaw check this out.......:moon:

OX1947
09-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Haven't you guys realized that when they crap on the Steelers, Steelers always win. We need to keep hoping everyone is against us, I swear, as soon as someone picks us, its always a let down. I say keep on hating and I think we will go 2-14 this year.....

steel-EERS
09-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Mr rivers would be peeing his pants if he was facing the steelers zone blitz, cowslaw is a dip sh*t.

PisnNapalm
09-12-2006, 09:48 PM
For shits and giggles I decided to email Mr. Cowlinshaw.

This is what I sent::

Dear Mr. Cowlishaw,

Would you be so kind as to explain why you feel the Pittsburgh Steelers are not an "elite" team in the NFL? Yes I am a Steeler fan, but I am curious why you say that about the Steelers.

Two seasons ago the Steelers went 15 and 1 in the regular season with a trip to the AFC Championship game. Last year they won the Super Bowl after having beaten the number 1, 2, and 3 ranked teams in the AFC. Surely their regular season record last year of 11 and 5 would have been better if Ben had not missed 3 games. So figure maybe 12 and 4 or maybe 13 and 3 if not for Ben's knee surgery.

Please take a minute and reply. That's all I ask.

Sincerely,

This was his reply:: (I was stunned I actually got one!)

Here's an answer I gave to some guy who claims to be the president of some
steeler fanatic club. He was much more, uh, pointed in his critique of my
work but answer pretty much applies.
thanks.
tc

-----Original Message-----
To: 'EMAIL ADDRESS DELETED '
Sent: 9/12/2006 8:57 PM
Subject: RE: Get a Clue!

Normally i don't open documents but I'm glad I did in this case.
Always good to hear from the President.
A few notes:
1. My father is a retired jeweler, hardly the media mogul you made him
out to be but we appreciate the thoughts.
2. The dolphins are not my darlings. Said the pats would win the
division again.
3. The Ravens are definitely not my darlings. Rip Billick on the show
every chance I get. The Michael Vick of head coaches.
4. We throw around opinions on the show. I think you get that. My
opinion is that the Bengals, Chargers and Colts will be the best teams
in the AFC with the Steelers right behind, getting a wild card again as
they did a year ago. Maybe they break a few more legs in the playoffs
and make another run (OK, they didn't break his leg, i know that), maybe
they don't. We shall see.
thanks for watching. and writing.
tc

-----Original Message-----
To: wtcowlishaw@dallasnews.com
Sent: 9/12/2006 6:24 PM
Subject: Get a Clue!

<<Mr. Cowlishaw.doc>>

Yeah.... He's a hater and I hope we flood his inbox with so many emails it crashes. :busted:

Texasfan
09-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Personally I don't really care what all of the so called experts say. Most of them are full of S**t!

PisnNapalm
09-13-2006, 06:00 AM
I've emailed him again wondering how many emails he's actualy received. He said 3 in reference to his Steeler comment.

I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised. (If 3 is all he actually got.)

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 06:17 AM
Personally I don't really care what all of the so called experts say. Most of them are full of S**t!

Right on and to the point. The majority of these "experts" simply enjoy hearing themselves talk. These guys know they are doing their jobs when they start receiving emails pertaining to their comments. Why give them the satisfaction and attention?

Skip Bayless and Woody Paige are the two main reasons why I don't bother listening or reading the national media when it comes to sports. It's a joke.

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 06:18 AM
LMAO PisNapalm - that was great! :sofunny: You should have asked him how he would like the egg prepared that he will be wearing on his face - fried, scrambled or poached. :busted:

I did find this funny in his reply, though. Michael Vick would be horrified with the comparison - LOL!

3. Rip Billick on the show every chance I get. The Michael Vick of head coaches.

stlrtruck
09-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Let them continue to disrespect us.
We, Steelers Nation, know what we have in our team. Evidently the media couldn't recognize team talent if it smashed them in the mouth.
Let them have their fun now, and let us laugh last in February in Miami!!!

PisnNapalm
09-13-2006, 09:23 AM
I emailed him again and asked who he liked for the upcoming Monday night game. hehe...

It's amusing to me for some reason. We'll see how long he'll keep replying.

Justin Otstott
09-13-2006, 09:42 AM
it's just so wack that all these guys on these sport shows know nothing at all....it seems like every game the Steelers win its because of the refs! Thats all I hear!!! shit is getting old!

pucho58
09-13-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm not worring about it. Let them doubt our team. In the end, the Black and Gold will shock the world again.

paw-n-maul-u
09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
whoever wasted their time watching around the horn is the real moron. the show is basically a collection of morons... paige is a retard flat out ... i honestly think marinelli just says the opposite of what paige says in spite of him ... or he tries to think of the worst possible response and yelps it out (his voice is annoying as sh*t) ... and my least favorite is kevin blackistone ... i cant even stand to look at the guy his head is so ****ed up ...

the show should be renamed and sound something like "autistic kids debating sports"

PTI is where it is at

Ambridge
09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
http://images.viacomlocalnetworks.com/images_1583956454/lg

Cowlishaw and Paige don't have nothing on the one and only Adam Schein pictured above.
He is by far to my knowledge the biggest Anti-Steeler, spinmeisted twister of NFL analysis that you will come across.
He has a regular daily broadcast on Sirius NFL Radio, writes columns for Fox Sports.Com and you can catch him occasionally ESPN giving some of his ridiculous thoughts and predictions.

If you should listen to him for more that two minutes and not want to pound his goofy face into a bloody pulp then there is something wrong with you.

BTW-tony hipchest loves to listen to Adam Schein. :grin:

Elvis
09-14-2006, 06:21 AM
First off.. I loved Rivers at NC State and I believe he is gonna be a good/great leader for the Chargers.. but it will take him time just like it has some of the greats, now I am not sayin' that he is gonna be John Elway or Joe Montana but he will be a good QB some day.. Now... I look forward to seeing what he thinks about a real defense after the Steelers blitz him from every direction.. I would not want to be in his shoes on that day...

Midnightwriter07
09-14-2006, 07:40 AM
well as long as L T is there he should be good, he has the best RB in the league and a great pass catching Rb to boot. When LT is not healthy or is not playing due to injury is when you will see what kind of Qb he is.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-14-2006, 11:09 AM
I hardly ever jump on the Media I know they dont give the Us a chance to repeat but Cowlishaws comments said the Chargers Are one of the Elite teams in the AFC then he add along with the Colts then he said "And the Steelers aren't one of them" how can you say the Chargers are an elite team the beat the awful Raiders and Rivers only completed 8 passes during the game I agree they have a good defense and they have LT but come on an elite team I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks when we play the Chargers.

Just plain stoopid. That show is about what have you done for me since the last episode...silly.