PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh...back on top....

BlackNGold203
09-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Power Rankings: Steelers move back on top

ESPN.com

Not surprising after one week, but this week's rankings were all over the map, starting at the top. The Steelers moved back to No. 1, while the Seahawks slipped two spots to No. 3. Four teams got first-place votes -- Steelers (2), Colts (2), Seahawks (1) and Ravens (1)
-- and 16 teams received votes in the top 10. Five new teams (Jaguars, Ravens, Falcons, Bears and Chargers) entered the top five, with the Ravens jumping from No. 18 all the way to No. 6.

The Panthers fell 10 spots from No. 2 to No. 12. An overreaction? Maybe, but these ranking are always volatile at the beginning of the season while things shake out.

At the bottom, well if any of you watched the Raiders or Packers over the weekend, then you know who's at the bottom. The only question was which team would be all the way at the bottom. But really, could you go wrong with either one?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=2

:cool: :cool: :cool:

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 07:01 AM
I don't put much stock in those rankings, but hey - it's nice to be king of the mountain for a week. :smile:

I think da Bears should have been ranked 2nd behind the Steelers, though. They played a great game all the way around.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-13-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't put much stock in those rankings, but hey - it's nice to be king of the mountain for a week. :smile:

I think da Bears should have been ranked 2nd behind the Steelers, though. They played a great game all the way around.

I have to give the #2 spot to Philly...da Bears played the Pack and I will wait until they play a PRO team before I give them any credit

BlackNGold203
09-13-2006, 07:52 AM
LOL...everyone loves the Colts.....

19ward86
09-13-2006, 08:14 AM
back where they deserved to be

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 08:17 AM
LOL...everyone loves the Colts.....

Correction monsieur - it's the Manning God #1 that the sports media love, not necessarily the Dolts. Every time I see yet another Peyton commercial or hear one of the color commentators licking their lips to moisten them to attach to Peytoon's behind, I so want to email them clips from last season's playoff game where the object of their affection looks like he is going to shart his pants every time Farrior or Porter came within 2 yards of him - LMAO!! :sofunny:

Stillers#1
09-13-2006, 09:06 AM
You really have to hand it to the AFC north. In most of these rankings you have us the Ravens, and Bengals in the top 6. Thats pretty impressive.

klick81
09-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Correction monsieur - it's the Manning God #1 that the sports media love, not necessarily the Dolts. Every time I see yet another Peyton commercial or hear one of the color commentators licking their lips to moisten them to attach to Peytoon's behind, I so want to email them clips from last season's playoff game where the object of their affection looks like he is going to shart his pants every time Farrior or Porter came within 2 yards of him - LMAO!! :sofunny:

Those commercials are driving me in****ingsane.

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Those commercials are driving me in****ingsane.

I hear ya buddy. As I said in another thread, instead of counting sheep at night, I'm counting Mannings and that is like drifting into a nightmare. :yikes: Someone needs to tell these pickle heads that there are other players in the NFL besides Peytoon and Ginsu Ray. I'm sick to death of hearing about both of them every time I turn around. :rolleyes:

siss
09-13-2006, 12:13 PM
The love affair the media has the with The Mannings is sickening. I hope they both flop this season in the playoffs. I turnthe Channel during any Manning commercial. Im so glad our QB isnt in all those commercials. I might get sick of him other wise (yea that'll never happen!)

Prosdo
09-13-2006, 12:17 PM
The Ravens at 6? Hmm....

Midnightwriter07
09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
well i think the commercials are hialrious !! lol /.. but yeah the media does overplay the whole family thing ... Was the same with Marino when he was chalking up all those yards year after year ... I thik manning is at 33 000 or so and if you all think is bad now, wait till he gets around 50 000 yards or IF he were to win a superbowl... he will be on everyone's tv screen 24/7 and be the sole feature of every game.

That being said and how much i do despise the Colts just because they are a rival in the AFC... i do think the commercials are hilarious