PDA

View Full Version : Ben Update Thread

siss
09-13-2006, 01:38 PM
On KDKA.com
http://kdka.com/video/?cid=33

floodcitygirl
09-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for posting this, Siss. He looks great. Still throwing a ball and pushing on the incision is not the same as being tackeled to the ground. Come back when you're well, Ben. :smile:

siss
09-13-2006, 01:57 PM
He cut his hair again. OMG he's lookin gorgeous and that little half smle thing he does....I would faint if he did that in front of me!
As for him coming back when he feels better...Im sure if left up to Ben he would have played last thursday! He'll be fine and he will come back and kick some ass! If Ward can do it then so can Ben!

ohio-steelers-fan
09-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Now we just have to see what Coach Cowher decides.

I have a bet with my son on this game (he is a silly Jags fan)
Should be quite the interesting Monday night at our house.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/06256/721345-66.stm[/URL]

SteelerFanInCA
09-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Now we just have to see what Coach Cowher decides.

I have a bet with my son on this game (he is a silly Jags fan)
Should be quite the interesting Monday night at our house.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/06256/721345-66.stm[/URL]

Glad to hear he has been cleared to play.

Cut your son's allowance off right now. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Read that this morning. Good to hear. Up to Cowher now.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm more concerned about Troy's shoulder now. I just read through my ESPN Insider that the Steelers are alittle concerned about Troy and his shoulder.

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm more concerned about Troy's shoulder now. I just read through my ESPN Insider that the Steelers are alittle concerned about Troy and his shoulder.

Going by the article this morning in the PPG, it seems to me the media is jumping to conclusions and making Troy's shoulder a bigger deal than it really is.

All Cowher stated was that "he did not know how Polamalu's shoulder was injured and provided no more details. He said Thursday night that the injury occurred in the first half.".

That's all that was stated and the PPG comes out with an article titled "Polamalu's shoulder a concern for Steelers". He's questionable. Instead of speculating (PPG) and turning on the alarm sirens, why not take the wait and see approach?

tony hipchest
09-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Instead of speculating (PPG) and turning on the alarm sirens, why not take the wait and see approach?

thats an easy one. cause then people would take a wait and see approach on wether to buy the paper or not.

good to see ben ready. but then again as they were saying on sirius radio thismorning, ben was practically claiming to be ready as he was picking his teeth up off the ground. dudes a gamer.

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 03:10 PM
thats an easy one. cause then people would take a wait and see approach on wether to buy the paper or not.

Pretty much. Then ESPN picks up on it and they throw it over the wire. :rolleyes:

At the end of the day the headline reads "Polamalu has Right Arm Amputated".

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Going by the article this morning in the PPG, it seems to me the media is jumping to conclusions and making Troy's shoulder a bigger deal than it really is.

All Cowher stated was that "he did not know how Polamalu's shoulder was injured and provided no more details. He said Thursday night that the injury occurred in the first half.".

That's all that was stated and the PPG comes out with an article titled "Polamalu's shoulder a concern for Steelers". He's questionable. Instead of speculating (PPG) and turning on the alarm sirens, why not take the wait and see approach?

Trust me I'm far from jumping off a bridge about Troy's shoulder. I read the article that you are talking about. I figured it was the media making it a bigger deal then it really was. Just saying I'm more worried about Troy then Ben at this point. Thats all bro. I expect Ben to start vs the Jaqs. It just seems at times that most attention is focused on Ben and his injuries when other players might have nagging little injuries.

Hell we need something to fill between all this time from the opener to Monday. This break between games really sucks. I have to sit through a whole another day of watching other teams on Sunday. I can't wait for Monday.

augustashark
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I will take the wait and see approach, but the story does concern me a bit. I would be suprised though if it was a major injury, you would think that if he can't play then he would be listed as doubtful or out. I mean it's not like BB coaches this team. No need to lie.

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Trust me I'm far from jumping off a bridge about Troy's shoulder. I read the article that you are talking about. I figured it was the media making it a bigger deal then it really was. Just saying I'm more worried about Troy then Ben at this point. Thats all bro. I expect Ben to start vs the Jaqs. It just seems at times that most attention is focused on Ben and his injuries when other players might have nagging little injuries.

Hell we need something to fill between all this time from the opener to Monday. This break between games really sucks. I have to sit through a whole another day of watching other teams on Sunday. I can't wait for Monday.

By no means was I meaning you. I'm talking about the PPG/ESPN.

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
I will take the wait and see approach, but the story does concern me a bit. I would be suprised though if it was a major injury, you would think that if he can't play then he would be listed as doubtful or out. I mean it's not like BB coaches this team. No need to lie.

If it was a major injury (dislocated shoulder/pulled ligaments etc.), I wouldn't have expected him to come back and play in the second half of the Dolphins game......and pick off a pass. That's why I'm not putting much stock into these stories/rumors.

augustashark
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
I'll bet (not my house) that he will be playing come monday night. He knows that if he can get through Jax and then Cincy that he will have 14 days off to rest.

augustashark
09-13-2006, 03:23 PM
If it was a major injury (dislocated shoulder/pulled ligaments etc.), I wouldn't have expected him to come back and play in the second half of the Dolphins game......and pick off a pass. That's why I'm not putting much stock into these stories/rumors.

I agree, a dislocated shoulder is one of the most painful things in sports. He would not have been able to continue like he did if he had that type of injury. I see him at maybe 80%, but you have to ask yourself, is Troy better then half the other SS even at 80%?

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 03:23 PM
*Combined Ben threads and changed title.*

augustashark
09-13-2006, 03:24 PM
What the hell, can anyone else see my post from "Ben speaks" on this thread?

Sorry 83 did'nt know you combined.

tony hipchest

sundays are definitely the best day of the week during football season. it sucks that through the 1st month this year the steelers will only be on once. (bye week, week 4 i.e. black sunday)

i cant complain about the primetime games though. (then again i dont have season tickets with work early tuesday morning)

83-Steelers-43
I agree, a dislocated shoulder is one of the most painful things in sports. He would not have been able to continue like he did if he had that type of injury. I see him at maybe 80%, but you have to ask yourself, is Troy better then half the other SS even at 80%?

Good question. I thought Logan looked damn good during preseason. I would still rather have a 80% (if that's even the case) Polamalu out there.

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 03:27 PM
What the hell, can anyone else see my post from "Ben speaks" on this thread?

Sorry 83 did'nt know you combined.

No problem. Sorry for the confusion guys. Attempting to keep the "Ben speaks!!", "Ben woke up on the left side of the bed this morning!!!", "Ben ate cereal this morning for breakfast!!" threads all together instead of having the front page stacked with Ben threads by Monday night.

augustashark
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
By the way, what kind of cereal did Ben have today?

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2006, 03:31 PM
By no means was I meaning you. I'm talking about the PPG/ESPN.

I know bro. Just conversating. The media always tries to put spins on everything its freakin crazy. We just have all this time between games and I'm ready for some Steelers football bigtime. We got a taste last Thursday. But it wasn't enough.

Its going to be a very good game on Monday night. Those damn Jaqs are always tough.

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 03:31 PM
By the way, what kind of cereal did Ben have today?

Well, it wasn't cereal exactly.....it was chopped up Jaguar meat with milk. :smile:

Steelknife
09-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Troy injured it in the first half, played the rest of the game. Actually played better in the 2nd half. He'll be fine.

augustashark
09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Well, it wasn't cereal exactly.....it was chopped up Jaguar meat with milk. :smile:

Well, I actually did'nt have pie last night for dinner.:sofunny:

Sorry, I'll let that one go!

BlackNGold203
09-13-2006, 03:40 PM
I just read on the CNN home page that Ben took a dump today...

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Steelknife
09-13-2006, 03:41 PM
No, that was Najeh.

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 04:04 PM
No problem. Sorry for the confusion guys. Attempting to keep the "Ben speaks!!", "Ben woke up on the left side of the bed this morning!!!", "Ben ate cereal this morning for breakfast!!" threads all together instead of having the front page stacked with Ben threads by Monday night.

LMAO - Hallelujah!!! :bouncy: I love Ben just as much as the next Steelers fan, but I want to read about all of the other Steelers too. :cool:

BlackNGold203
09-13-2006, 04:59 PM
LMAO - Hallelujah!!! :bouncy: I love Ben just as much as the next Steelers fan, but I want to read about all of the other Steelers too. :cool:

there's other Steelers?????

:cool: :cool:

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 05:01 PM
there's other Steelers?????

Hmmmm - I could be mistaken. My bad. :busted:

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 06:21 PM
For the record, Troy practiced today. Just reported on KDKA.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-13-2006, 06:59 PM

Good news and glad to hear it. Thanks for all the updates you always post bro. Living in Indiana I don't get all the news. I do have Fox Sports Pittsburgh thanks to Directv. But I don't have no KDKA out here. How I miss the "Burgh". To me its heaven on earth.

hardwork
09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Breaking News

Pittsburgh Steeler quaterback Ben Roethlisberger to have heart/lung transplant at Massachusetts General Hospital. Expected to miss the rest of his career.

http://www.sorry'boutthatben.org

BlackNGold203
09-13-2006, 10:20 PM

yeah...but did he take a dump????

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Breaking News

Pittsburgh Steeler quaterback Ben Roethlisberger to have heart/lung transplant at Massachusetts General Hospital. Expected to miss the rest of his career.

http://www.sorry'boutthatben.org

I know you're being a goof, hw, but that's just plain sick. :shake02:

83-Steelers-43
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
yeah...but did he take a dump????

No, but he did sacrifice a live chicken like Pedro Cerrano did in "Major League". :bouncy:

hardwork
09-13-2006, 10:28 PM
I know you're being a goof, hw, but that's just plain sick. :shake02:

Not at all funny, Gal? Ok.

tony hipchest
09-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Not at all funny, Gal? Ok.although the name of the provided link was an admirable attempt at humor. :chuckle: