PDA

View Full Version : In God We Still Trust

HometownGal
09-13-2006, 07:07 PM
I received this beautiful video performed by Diamond Rio several months back and just received it again a few minutes ago. In March, 2005, this song was performed at a Diamond Rio concert. They received an immediate standing ovation, and continue to do so every time they perform it! Sadly, major radio stations wouldn't play it because it was considered politically incorrect. This video is just awesome and deeply touched me - I'm still wiping away the tears, as the lyrics hold so true. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. :smile:

http://gunbarrelcityradio.com/InGodWeStillTrust.wmv

3 to be 4
09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
you know I like it, HometownGal. Have you heard this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_dgXi75FyU

floodcitygirl
09-13-2006, 08:38 PM
I received this beautiful video performed by Diamond Rio several months back and just received it again a few minutes ago. In March, 2005, this song was performed at a Diamond Rio concert. They received an immediate standing ovation, and continue to do so every time they perform it! Sadly, major radio stations wouldn't play it because it was considered politically incorrect. This video is just awesome and deeply touched me - I'm still wiping away the tears, as the lyrics hold so true. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. :smile:

http://gunbarrelcityradio.com/InGodWeStillTrust.wmvI've never heard that song...or heard of Diamond Rio, but thanks for sharing it. I really enjoyed that. I'd seriously consider boycotting any radio station that wouldn't play it.

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks for sharing that awesome song!! I also agree to boycott any station that would not play that song !!!

HometownGal
09-14-2006, 06:14 AM
I've never heard that song...or heard of Diamond Rio, but thanks for sharing it. I really enjoyed that. I'd seriously consider boycotting any radio station that wouldn't play it.

Diamond Rio is a country music group - more country pop. I have loved every one of their songs but this one in particular!

To those who replied - you're most welcome! :smile:

HometownGal
09-14-2006, 11:48 AM
you know I like it, HometownGal. Have you heard this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_dgXi75FyU

That song was absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the link, 3 to be 4! :cool:

floodcitygirl
09-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Diamond Rio is a country music group - more country pop. I have loved every one of their songs but this one in particular!

To those who replied - you're most welcome! :smile:That's why I've not heard of them then. I don't really listen to country music stations. (Although I've got to say I'm currently completely in love with Keith Urban....YOW!!!!) So, you're saying that COUNTRY music staions won't play that song? That's really suprising to me. If there was a station that I normally listened to that played that type of music and wouldn't play that song, I'd call the station programming director and give my opinion. I've done that for various things and find them to usually be pretty receptive. :smile:

HometownGal
09-14-2006, 05:07 PM
That's why I've not heard of them then. I don't really listen to country music stations. (Although I've got to say I'm currently completely in love with Keith Urban....YOW!!!!) So, you're saying that COUNTRY music staions won't play that song? That's really suprising to me. If there was a station that I normally listened to that played that type of music and wouldn't play that song, I'd call the station programming director and give my opinion. I've done that for various things and find them to usually be pretty receptive. :smile:

That is what my friend told me who sent the email with the accompanying video. Where she heard it is beyond me. I listen to both of the major country stations here regularly and I've never heard that song played on either station. Nowadays, with the whackjob ACLU looking over everyone's shoulder, it isn't surprising. :rolleyes: If you listen to soft pop, you may have heard the song "One More Day" - it was pretty popular in 2000-2001 and was played on most of the major stations, even those not country music stations. Another beautiful song (not religious in nature) by Diamond Rio - they're really a great group with a lot of talent. :smile:

Keith Urban is cute - he needs to cut that hair though. I'm not a big fan of men with hair almost as long as mine - LOL!

floodcitygirl
09-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Keith Urban is cute - he needs to cut that hair though. I'm not a big fan of men with hair almost as long as mine - LOL!Oh...it's not his appearance that's got me going...it's the lyrics!! :love:

HometownGal
09-15-2006, 07:59 AM
Oh...it's not his appearance that's got me going...it's the lyrics!! :love:

I love Keith Urban's songs and his videos rock. He is quite a talented artist, no doubt about it. :smile:

floodcitygirl
09-15-2006, 08:03 AM
I love Keith Urban's songs and his videos rock. He is quite a talented artist, no doubt about it. :smile:I've heard that he really rocks out in concert too...not what I would expect from a "country" artist, although as I said, I have no experience with it.