PDA

View Full Version : Time?Warner to pull NFl Network?

Lyn
09-14-2006, 08:41 AM
Sept. 13 (Bloomberg) -- Time Warner Inc., operator of the nation'ssecond-largest cable company, is close to dropping the National Football League's network from systems it recently purchased.

Time Warner alerted customers last month it will drop the channel if it can't reach a carriage agreement with the NFL for cable systems purchased in July from the Adelphia Communications Corp. and Comcast Corp. Time Warner set a Sept. 15 deadline.

An estimated 1.4 million Time Warner customers will lose the channel if a new agreement isn't reached by the deadline. The football channel reaches more than 40 million homes served by other cable and satellite TV companies, said Seth Palansky, a spokesman for NFL Networks.

Much more at:
http://tinyurl.com/ek4o9 (Bloomberg.com)

RoethlisBURGHer
09-14-2006, 01:42 PM
And what sucks is cable is a f'n monopoly,there is only one carrier per area.

Time Warner wants to make you pay like $30 a month for a package that has the NFL network and then 9 other channels you will never watch.

boLT fan
09-14-2006, 03:00 PM
So how much does DirectTV cost?

Atlanta Dan
09-14-2006, 05:08 PM
So how much does DirectTV cost?

$44 per month for Total Choice package (which will include NFL Network).

Of course the biggest reason to get DirecTV is NFL Sunday Ticket - you get all the Sunday afternoon games other than what is broadcast on your local stations for around $200.

WWIIOwheelz
09-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Switching to Dish Network is the best thing I've ever done for my television. I'll never have cable again.