PDA

View Full Version : Ben scuba diving with stingrays

tony hipchest
09-14-2006, 12:51 PM
with regards to recent events, should ben be barred from such activities, or if stung would he just pull the barb out of his heart, eat it for a snack, plug the hole with his finger, and then be ready to play in 3 weeks?

83-Steelers-43
09-14-2006, 12:55 PM
For what it's worth and if it really matters at this point, let's weigh these two....

Motorcycle accidents which are listed in the paper it seems like everyday (at least in Western Pa) normally resulting in death.

or........

Stingray deaths which were recently brought to the spotlight after Steve Irwin's death.

I'll take my chances with scuba diving.

On that note, we play Jacksonville on Monday night...:smile::bouncy:

SteelerFanInCA
09-14-2006, 12:55 PM
with regards to recent events, should ben be barred from such activities, or if stung would he just pull the barb out of his heart, eat it for a snack, plug the hole with his finger, and then be ready to play in 3 weeks?

You forget Ben heals fast so more like 2 weeks.

stlrtruck
09-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking he goes scuba diving, forgets his tank (it's in his other boat), goes diving anyway, brings the sting ray up to the boat with him, pulls the barb out, plugs the whole with a terrible towel, finally plays a game in 4 weeks after arguing with doctors and coaches for 2 weeks, and wins another Super Bowl.

floodcitygirl
09-14-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm thinking he goes scuba diving, forgets his tank (it's in his other boat), goes diving anyway, brings the sting ray up to the boat with him, pulls the barb out, plugs the whole with a terrible towel, finally plays a game in 4 weeks after arguing with doctors and coaches for 2 weeks, and wins another Super Bowl.:sofunny: :sofunny:

Haiku_Dirtt
09-15-2006, 01:01 PM
83 is right on target. I've been in the ocean with stingrays numerous times. Getting hurt by one is alot like get electrocuted but cutting your powerlines while standing naked in a pool of water. So assuming Ben is not acting like a suicidal adolescent then being in the ocean (or water) is perfect physical therapy.

Getting rolled into razor sharp coral causing major infection is a much much greater risk. Say 500,000 times the risk.

tony hipchest
09-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Getting rolled into razor sharp coral causing major infection is a much much greater risk. Say 500,000 times the risk.so we can safely say ben needs to stay away from large bodies of water? i just cringe at the thought of ben on a "sea-doo"

and heres hoping that right after the pro bowl ben goes in for elective surgery to remove his tonsils. anyone know if he still has his tonsils? it doesnt mention anything in the media guide.

floodcitygirl
09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
so we can safely say ben needs to stay away from large bodies of water? i just cringe at the thought of ben on a "sea-doo"

and heres hoping that right after the pro bowl ben goes in for elective surgery to remove his tonsils. anyone know if he still has his tonsils? it doesnt mention anything in the media guide.At least if you are thrown off a jet ski, you hit water....a bit more forgiving than pavement.

And at Ben's age, I think wisdom teeth could be a real issue. I say do the tonsils and wisdom teeth at the same time. Got any info on that??? :sofunny:

theropodx
09-15-2006, 02:30 PM
mods: please remove this post

siss
09-15-2006, 02:31 PM
When Ben had his knee surgery he mentioned that it was his first surgery. So im guessing he has his Tonsils and Wisdom teeth.
So be afraid be very afraid!

HometownGal
09-15-2006, 02:39 PM
At least if you are thrown off a jet ski, you hit water....a bit more forgiving than pavement.

And at Ben's age, I think wisdom teeth could be a real issue. I say do the tonsils and wisdom teeth at the same time. Got any info on that??? :sofunny:

I say get rid of the adenoids, too - make it a triple play. :cool:

siss
09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
And also any Gull Stones he might have. Kill 4 birds with one stone!

HometownGal
09-15-2006, 03:26 PM
And also any Gull Stones he might have. Kill 4 birds with one stone!

Killing Gulls is just heartless and cruel. :crying01: It won't solve the problem with the Gull Stones, though. :busted:

3 to be 4
09-15-2006, 11:49 PM
oh man, Tony. I....cant.......resist

other activities for Ben to avoid:

skiing with the Kennedys
driving with the Kennedys
drinking with the Kennedys
bathing with a radio in the room
touring with Gloria Estefan
having any contact with Robert Downey Jr
Christmas Caroling on any street whose sidewalk isnt shoveled
eating at Hardees
being near any machinary purchased from a company called "Acme"
lawning mowing
tractor riding ( see "The Man in the Moon")
eating fresh spinich ( see CNN.com)
being anywhere near Drew Bledsoe, Aaron Brooks, or Trent Green

SteelCityMan786
09-15-2006, 11:52 PM
I'd say put that as a contract clause. It's not worth his life.

tony hipchest
09-16-2006, 02:42 PM

skiing with the Kennedys
eating at Hardees
lawning mowing
being anywhere near Drew Bledsoe, Aaron Brooks, or Trent Green:sofunny:

nice! how bout
going to the driving range with a kennedy (skakel)
sleeping with a kennedy
flying with a kennedy
kissing austrailian snakes

siss
09-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Why dont we just wrap him up in plastic and let him out for games and practice, And events that are approved by the steeler. He must be accumpanied by at least 5 bodygyards at all times. One on each side (side to side and left to right) of him and a decoy Ben.

Livinginthe past
09-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Why dont we just wrap him up in plastic and let him out for games and practice, And events that are approved by the steeler. He must be accumpanied by at least 5 bodygyards at all times. One on each side (side to side and left to right) of him and a decoy Ben.

Wont the snipers know which is the real Ben when they see who all the bodyguards are surrounding?

I dont know if wrapping him up in plastic is such a good idea either, thats going to affect his mobility when it comes to avoiding crazed female fans....or is that all part of the master plan?

NM

3 to be 4
09-16-2006, 04:01 PM

kind of like the body size condom worn by Leslie Nielson and Priscilla Presley in "The Naked Gun"? Good idea.

speaking of that, Ben should also avoid:

any physical contact with

Angelina Jolie
Madonna
any Kennedy or Clinton
Courtney Love
Grace Slick
Britney Spears
Tara Reid
any Hilton or Ritchie
Dick Morris

83-Steelers-43
09-16-2006, 05:22 PM
83 is right on target. I've been in the ocean with stingrays numerous times. Getting hurt by one is alot like get electrocuted but cutting your powerlines while standing naked in a pool of water. So assuming Ben is not acting like a suicidal adolescent then being in the ocean (or water) is perfect physical therapy.

Getting rolled into razor sharp coral causing major infection is a much much greater risk. Say 500,000 times the risk.

Rooney to Bradshaw: Put the corvet away.

Bradshaw: Sure.

Put your ego on the back burner, inflate the head just a tad and it's not that difficult.

Once again...............we play Jacksonville on Monday night.

tony hipchest
09-16-2006, 06:30 PM
kind of like the body size condom worn by Leslie Nielson and Priscilla Presley in "The Naked Gun"? Good idea.

speaking of that, Ben should also avoid:

any physical contact with

Angelina Jolie
Madonna
any Kennedy or Clinton
Courtney Love
Grace Slick
Britney Spears
Tara Reid
any Hilton or Ritchie
Dick Morris

ben should avoid shaking hands with ron mexico/mike vick before this years game.

3 to be 4
09-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Ben needs to avoid:

Rob Petries living room
Gilligan
according to recent National geographic specials, San Francisco
the proximity of James Browns current wifes face

Haiku_Dirtt
09-17-2006, 08:01 PM

skiing with the Kennedys
eating at Hardees
lawning mowing
being anywhere near Drew Bledsoe, Aaron Brooks, or Trent Green

you guys are killing me.

Wait. How about sending in the US Commerce Sec. into the middle of an ethnic war zone to promote American soy-based products.

Um. "Rob Brown? Can you make the trip?"..."Sure. Can Ben go too?"

Clinton: "Uh. No. Just you Rob...buddy"