View Full Version : The Immaculate Tackle vs The Immaculate Tackle

Steelknife
09-14-2006, 02:50 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFiyWAwhKh4 the original

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AqlL-iuBnI the recent

MattsMe
09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
I'll never forget either one, but I have to go with Ben's for one major reason. If Williams missed that tackle, the Colts were looking at a big gain. If Ben missed his, the Colts were looking at a touchdown.

Big Fella
09-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Tough call.

I am tempted to go with the tackle because it was part of a Super Bowl run, but the reception was a major breakthrough. I am tempted to go for the immaculate reception because I was not alive for it, and I feel not selecting would be in part because of a possible youthful bias.

Both great.

MattsMe
09-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Tough call.

I am tempted to go with the tackle because it was part of a Super Bowl run, but the reception was a major breakthrough. I am tempted to go for the immaculate reception because I was not alive for it, and I feel not selecting would be in part because of a possible youthful bias.

Both great.

Actually both videos were tackles.

Steelknife
09-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I'll never forget either one, but I have to go with Ben's for one major reason. If Williams missed that tackle, the Colts were looking at a big gain. If Ben missed his, the Colts were looking at a touchdown.

The Colts were looking at a TD. We brought the house. No one was at home.

And they woulda ran out the clock. We had no timeouts. Woulda been able to get it pretty low.

Big Fella
09-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Actually both videos were tackles.

lol...whooops.

Gotta go with Ben's now considering I am indeed illiterate.

But still, both great.

MattsMe
09-14-2006, 10:20 PM
The Colts were looking at a TD. We brought the house. No one was at home.

And they woulda ran out the clock. We had no timeouts. Woulda been able to get it pretty low.

I may be wrong, but I could have sworn we had at least two defenders in front of him. You can see one of them walking back to the line at the end of the video.

Steelknife
09-14-2006, 10:24 PM
I still think he would have gotten to the sideline but still...

Helluva tackle. Saved the game.

Sith Lord
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Very tough call and GREAT thread....i have to think about it, although i'm leaning toward Big Ben.

clarient
09-14-2006, 11:48 PM
Well, being a young'un, I'll have to say Ben's tackle because I was ten years old for the first one and don't really remember it.

Also I had the giant heart attack during the Colts game and Ben saved the day... ETERNALLY greatful for that one. :)

Midnightwriter07
09-15-2006, 12:04 AM
BIG BEN all the way.. game over and since we won superbowl.. have to go with him

HometownGal
09-15-2006, 08:37 AM
I, too, have to go with Ben's tackle. If Ben doesn't make it, the Steelers more than likely never get to Detroit.

3 to be 4
09-15-2006, 10:53 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=g0BDR8a1cFU

to me, this is the most heart attack inducing finish of a game i have ever seen, including the last play of the Rams-Titans SB. You guys must have DIED!

SteelCity83
09-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Both tackles are great, I have to say Bens cause it lead us to a superbowl WIN! Even though if Ben didnt make that tackle tuman would have!!!

stillers4me
09-16-2006, 10:42 AM
No doubt....BEN!!

We refer to it at our house as The Devine InterBention.