PDA

View Full Version : Wiz and Batch before Millers TD

tony hipchest
09-14-2006, 02:37 PM
story from sports weekly

wiz asked batch in the timeout before that play what play did he like. batch told him "run action- quick curl" to hines. wiz new the defense was doubling hines all game and told batch "what you have to understand is that theyre [cornerback and safety] gonna jump it." he told him to look for miller. sure enough hines and the other wr were doubled. with heath lined up alongside starks, lb z. thomas bit on the run fake. heath slipped behind him and miller was gone for an 87 yd td. just as planned on the drawing board.

wiz earned a degree in civil engineering. in this article he said school was difficult and you have to be creative in designing those roads and bridges. he said thats where his degree has translated well to drawing up plays and calling them.

before the game we heard alot of the advantage miami would have cause mularkey and capers were familiar with the steelers coaches but as i pointed out nobody was calling it an advantage for the steelers coaches being familiar with miami's. funny how that worked out.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-14-2006, 02:50 PM
story from sports weekly

wiz asked batch in the timeout before that play what play did he like. batch told him "run action- quick curl" to hines. wiz new the defense was doubling hines all game and told batch "what you have to understand is that theyre [cornerback and safety] gonna jump it." he told him to look for miller. sure enough hines and the other wr were doubled. with heath lined up alongside starks, lb z. thomas bit on the run fake. heath slipped behind him and miller was gone for an 87 yd td. just as planned on the drawing board.

wiz earned a degree in civil engineering. in this article he said school was difficult and you have to be creative in designing those roads and bridges. he said thats where his degree has translated well to drawing up plays and calling them.

before the game we heard alot of the advantage miami would have cause mularkey and capers were familiar with the steelers coaches but as i pointed out nobody was calling it an advantage for the steelers coaches being familiar with miami's. funny how that worked out.

Wiz: "What play do you like?"

Batch: "I like the run action quick curl to Ward"

Wiz: "hmmmm...not bad...not bad...how about run action quick pass to tall guy over the hobbit....on two?"

tony hipchest
09-14-2006, 03:43 PM

Wiz: "hmmmm...not bad...not bad...how about run action quick pass to tall guy over the hobbit....on two?"

:toofunny: i guess when you put it like that, it wasnt a tough call to make. *still laughing*

MattsMe
09-14-2006, 05:32 PM

:sofunny: Stop giving away our plays! :sofunny:

Steelers
09-15-2006, 05:18 PM

Hahahaha. Hobbits...

19ward86
09-15-2006, 05:44 PM
charlie batch needs to train under whiz then after cowher retires whis can become the head coach and batch can become our offensive coordinator.

doggfather69
09-15-2006, 08:05 PM
charlie batch needs to train under whiz then after cowher retires whis can become the head coach and batch can become our offensive coordinator.

batch is a Qb but OC he is not. The steelers don't have a history of making players coaches under Cowher. Don't think that will change anytime soon.

4n2t0
09-15-2006, 08:58 PM
batch is a Qb but OC he is not. The steelers don't have a history of making players coaches under Cowher. Don't think that will change anytime soon.

Darren Perry? I know it's only one but...

Darren was an eighth round draft pick in Cowher's first draft.