PDA

View Full Version : Q. Morgan close to deal with Broncos

Stlrs4Life
09-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Broncos | Morgan close to an agreement with team
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:47:42 -0700
Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports free agent WR Quincy Morgan (Steelers) is close to nearing an agreement with the Denver Broncos, according to Morgan's agent.

BBC
09-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Good for him. I never had a problem with Quincy while he was in Pittsburgh. Good luck to him.

83-Steelers-43
09-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Wish him all the best unless it's against us.

WWIIOwheelz
09-14-2006, 04:23 PM
I really liked Q also. Glad to see he's landing with a good team. Not sure what Plummer's deal is this year.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Wish him all the best. (unless he's playing against us).

MasterOfPuppets
09-14-2006, 04:26 PM

MasterOfPuppets
09-14-2006, 04:27 PM
i thought for sure he would have ended up in NE or philly...

83-Steelers-43
09-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Broncos sign Morgan to return kicks after OT bobble
Associated Press

DENVER -- A day after Cedric Cobbs nearly fumbled away the overtime kickoff against Kansas City, the Denver Broncos signed former Pittsburgh receiver/returner Quincy Morgan to a one-year deal.

"I think I can come right in and return kicks," Morgan said Monday. "I know they've got great receivers here. I'll work myself in and learn each play as quick as possible and do whatever I can do."

To make room, the Broncos waived wide receiver Charlie Adams, who was traded to Dallas during training camp, only to return to Denver when he flunked his physical.

Morgan, a six-year NFL veteran, arrives in Denver just in time.

The Broncos (1-1) started the season with rookie running back Mike Bell returning kickoffs, but he broke a finger blocking St. Louis defensive end Leonard Little in the opener and was replaced by receiver David Kircus.

On Sunday, Cobbs almost turned the ball over on his only return. He bobbled the overtime kickoff twice before falling on it at the Broncos 16. Compounding his troubles, he severely sprained his ankle on the play and was still on crutches Monday.

Morgan ranked fifth in the AFC last year with 23 kick returns for 583 yards, a 25.3-yard average. He also caught nine passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns, but injured an ankle in Pittsburgh's first-round playoff game against Cincinnati and missed the rest of the playoffs.

Morgan has 164 career catches for 2,466 yards and 17 touchdowns and has a 25-yard career average on kickoffs. Morgan played his first 3? seasons in Cleveland. He was traded to Dallas in 2004, and played all 16 games for the Steelers last year. He was waived in Pittsburgh's final cutdown earlier this month.

He said he's ready to return kicks Sunday at New England.

"These last two weeks I've been working out. I wasn't going to sit at home. That would have been stupid," he said.

Morgan said he had interest from other teams, but Denver "needed a returner right away. I mean, it's the Denver Broncos. They were one game away from the Super Bowl. Why not?"

Morgan said that while it will take some time to work his way into the receiver rotation, returning kicks is another story: "There's only three things you have to do: run left, run right and run up the middle," he said.

That, and hold onto the ball.

Cobbs, a third-string running back who hadn't returned kickoffs since his junior year at Arkansas four years ago, was the most relieved man in the locker room after Denver pulled out a 9-6 win over the Chiefs.

He said his body was cold and his mind not properly focused "going in after the game's actually supposed to be over. And just to muff the ball like that, it was pretty terrifying."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2593307

Prosdo
09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Good for Quincy. Good luck to him.

Livinginthe past
09-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I wish Quincy the best of luck...from week 4 onwards :wink02:

NM

Ambridge
09-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks for your services Quincy at least you got a ring while you were here.

He should get a warm welcome in Denver from all his former Browns teammates.