PDA

View Full Version : QB Change? Its Your Pick.

Livinginthe past
09-15-2006, 01:23 AM
What are your thoughts on the potential QB change up's in the league this week?

Oakland

Is it time to give Andrew Walter at starting in place of unpredictable Aaron Brooks?

Personally I think pretty much any QB is going to get killed behind that line, but if you let Brooks continue you could be out of playoff contention by week 6.

Dallas

Will Bledsoe finally make his exit from the NFL or will he hang on until the dying embers of his talent fizzle out a la Favre?

Drew's decision making under pressure has never been great, and his atheltic ability has faded to the point that is does not compensate adequately anymore.

How good is this Tony Romo supposed to be anyway?

Tennessee

Collins or Young?

The Titans arent playoff bound this year, so maybe it would be a good idea to give Young some experience, but if they put him in too early and too raw maybe they will do him some lasting damage.

NM

HometownGal
09-15-2006, 07:55 AM
Ask me again in Week #3 or 4. I think its a bit too early in the season to be changing up on teams' starting QBs after only one week of regular season play. :cool:

BlackNGold203
09-15-2006, 08:06 AM
As far as Tennessee goes...what the hell happened to Billy Volek????

I know Young is the future...but why bring in Collins and have him start right away???

hardwork
09-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Will Bledsoe finally make his exit from the NFL or will he hang on until the dying embers of his talent fizzle out a la Favre?

Drew's decision making under pressure has never been great, and his atheltic ability has faded to the point that is does not compensate adequately anymore.

NM

Yeah, his going to Dallas was a deal with the devil. You knew the ending of the book as soon as you saw the title.

tony hipchest
09-15-2006, 12:44 PM
As far as Tennessee goes...what the hell happened to Billy Volek????

I know Young is the future...but why bring in Collins and have him start right away???

billy volek is being traded to the chargers. theyre just waiting until after this weeks match-up so volek dont give away any of the gameplan.

pssst. doesnt this belong in smack? :sofunny:

all 3 teams are better off with the veterans starting.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-15-2006, 01:25 PM
all 3 teams are better off with the veterans starting.

Exactly...all those teams mentioned cant give up their best chance to win games at THIS point in the season. If the trend continues...by all means, start giving the rookies some snaps to help them with the learning curve. (But I would throw Plummer/Cutler into that same group...take in mind I admittingly hate Plummer)

Stillers#1
09-15-2006, 08:18 PM
I gotta go with Oakland or Tennessee. McNair wasted two years on the bench, they shouldn't do the same with Vince Young. Brooks is just horrible. Nuff said.

boLT fan
09-15-2006, 08:26 PM
The Raiders already showed the have very little confidence in Brooks by showing a strong interest in trading for Billy Volek.

So my guess is Brooks will be the first benched.

Ohio Steeler
09-15-2006, 09:00 PM
The Raiders already showed the have very little confidence in Brooks by showing a strong interest in trading for Billy Volek.

So my guess is Brooks will be the first benched.

I agree

Golden Wave
09-17-2006, 06:10 AM
with oakland's o-line. it pretty much doesnt matter who is the qb.
its sad, i loved the rivalry that we had with them.

SteelCzar76
09-17-2006, 04:07 PM
What are your thoughts on the potential QB change up's in the league this week?

Oakland

Is it time to give Andrew Walter at starting in place of unpredictable Aaron Brooks?

Personally I think pretty much any QB is going to get killed behind that line, but if you let Brooks continue you could be out of playoff contention by week 6.

Dallas

How good is this Tony Romo supposed to be anyway?

Tennessee

Collins or Young?

The Titans arent playoff bound this year, so maybe it would be a good idea to give Young some experience, but if they put him in too early and too raw maybe they will do him some lasting damage.

NM

Oakland: Doesn't really matter,...they should have Drafted Matt in the first round and gone O- Line in the 2nd and third. Or,... just declared Walter the man when he came in and aquired the neccessary personel he'd need to get it done.

Dallas: Ride with Romo,.....you'll NEVER go platinum with Bledsoe. Besides his (Romo's) physical abilty he provides the leadership intangibles and fire. (Not to mention youth) And in that deep place inside that they don't talk about,.....his (Bledsoe's) teamate's don't beieve in him,....they know his resume.

Titans: They are already a terrible team,.....what do they have to lose ? You brought in Young as the Heir to M'cnair,..... name him the starter and let him work out the kinks this season. (as well as earning the respect and belief of his teamates) You can't tell me they actually believe they will make the playoffs,.... let alone the SuperBowl with Collins ?

Bottom line,.... you should be fluid,......if changes are obviously neccessary,... you make them.

"Hail Caesar,.......Hail the Black and Gold"

Polamalus_Angel
09-22-2006, 03:16 PM
(But I would throw Plummer/Cutler into that same group...take in mind I admittingly hate Plummer)

Yea Plummer's coming off pretty horribly this season so far. The first weeks stats alone was horrible. He didnt seem to improve much in week 2 either.

sumo
09-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Exactly...all those teams mentioned cant give up their best chance to win games at THIS point in the season. If the trend continues...by all means, start giving the rookies some snaps to help them with the learning curve. (But I would throw Plummer/Cutler into that same group...take in mind I admittingly hate Plummer)

Plummer is horrible -- I lived in AZ during all his years with Cards -- I couldn't believe all the press last year about him fixing everything now that he's been with Shanahan a few years -- I predicted to everybody I could find that he would choke against Pittsburgh -- he still hasn't recovered either...