PDA

View Full Version : Players on the hot seat...

BlitzburghRockCity
07-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Who's on the hot seat this year? on their last try, gotta make something happen this upcoming training camp or they're gone?

Zo Jackson is one that comes to mind, Ike Taylor is another, Chris Hope.

BB2W
07-04-2005, 04:07 PM
I would not say Hope would be gone by the end of camp, I think he will get the whole season to prove himself. I think Lee Mays, and Mike Logan are on the bubble, and may not make the 53 man roster.

LambertIsGod58
07-04-2005, 08:54 PM
I agree with BB.....Logan anyways. I think Mays turned it up a notch toward the end of last season.

BB2W
07-04-2005, 11:04 PM
I think Lee Mays played great when we needed him, but we may not need him anymore. If Fred Gibson steps up, and Cobb continues to impress the coaches......I think Mays is gone. He has had his chance to crack the starting line-up.

Prosdo
07-04-2005, 11:36 PM
I agree with BB2W on this. Mays has some competition. He needs to step it up.

KeystoneKC
07-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Who's on the hot seat this year? on their last try, gotta make something happen this upcoming training camp or they're gone?

I think that Special Teamer Morey may have some problems this year. The depth chart at WR is suddenly very crowded. They may not keep a spot available for a ST-only player. The same goes for Chidi.

Zo has to be feeling the heat. A 2nd round pick, he has to step up.

Lee Mays has to be feeling some pressure as well. He played a little better last season, but since then the team has signed Ced, drafted Fred, & is bringing Cobb back for another run. Mays can't be feeling too much luv.

BSP. Being 4th on the QB depth chart can't be a good place, after the team went most of last year with just two on the roster.

Logan & Kiesel. Both are being paid some serious coin for the role of backups.

rowedf
07-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I dont think Kiesel and Logan are making much at all. At the end of minicamp cowher was quoted as saying Logan looked the best out of all the free safeties and will push hope for the starting position.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Zo won't make the practice squad.

Mays might not make the aquad w/ all the WR's we have.

All the TE's,except Heath Miller,are on the hot seat.We know Miller is gonna be the starter,everyone else is fighting for backup.

SteelBill
07-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Zo won't make the practice squad.

Mays might not make the aquad w/ all the WR's we have.

All the TE's,except Heath Miller,are on the hot seat.We know Miller is gonna be the starter,everyone else is fighting for backup.
I think Tuman is pretty safe. I agree without a strong preseason that Zo probably doesn't make it.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-05-2005, 05:45 PM
I agree also Tuman is quite safe, he's not costing us much and he's the only TE on the roster w/ decent experience, and also is very good overall.

I probably should have clarified on Hope, I dont believe he is on the hot seat as far as getting cut this year, however, he needs to have a good year this year to ensure his place on the roster for next year.

Mays is most definately on the hot seat.. he's been having great camps and preseasons for years now and doesnt do jack in the regular season but a spectacular catch here and there. Gibson and Cobb will be fighting for his spot big time. Although w/ Mays being behind our big 3 for all those years, his chances were limited but he didnt capitalize enough on them enough to date.

clevestinks
12-29-2005, 02:09 PM
I just dug this up! Its funny what a difference a few months make! We talked about Freddie Gibson, Mays, Ike and others. Ike really worked out, Zo didn`t

MichiSteeler
12-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Yeah this post must be old. Cuz i mean Fred Gibson? I was reading and like "what the heck, i thought he got cut??". It was also stupid to think Hope would get cut :rolleyes:

Koopa
12-29-2005, 02:28 PM
i kinda never got why hope got some much hate, i like him cause he broke a miami player last year. and he's had a good season this year, hopefully we can resign him to keep our young secondary together

clevestinks
12-29-2005, 04:24 PM
i kinda never got why hope got some much hate, i like him cause he broke a miami player last year. and he's had a good season this year, hopefully we can resign him to keep our young secondary together
Agreed I wasnt sure about him, I wasn`t down on him, just not sure. But I kinda like his game now.

Suitanim
12-29-2005, 05:56 PM
He may very well be resigned since he's been playing better and there's just not much out there to replace him with...

Prosdo
12-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Ike has really stepped it up since then.

clevestinks
12-29-2005, 07:54 PM
He may very well be resigned since he's been playing better and there's just not much out there to replace him with...
Good point, and we need to much in the draft, so everyone we can keep makes our draft easier

jbattenhouse
12-30-2005, 06:53 AM
[QUOTE][ kinda never got why hope got some much hate, i like him cause he broke a miami player last year. and he's had a good season this year, hopefully we can resign him to keep our young secondary together

/QUOTE]

A few months ago there was an article about all the FAs at the end of this year and the article stated that Hope was looking for a big money contract. I don't remember figures, if they were mentioned, but if he goes, who would replace him. Deshea and Ike are both FAs as well, although I think Ike is a RFA. The secondary this year has been much better than it has in previous years and I would not want the Steelers to lose it, but we cannot afford to keep everyone at top dollar.

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 07:51 AM
Hope ! Big Money? I`m not sure that he deserves big$$$$$?

Suitanim
12-30-2005, 09:26 AM
That's a good point, it works both ways. If there's a shortage of good FS's on the market, it drives up their price, which means Hope is suddenly overvalued....

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 09:45 AM
Whenever we have a great defense, our players are always wanted. How come the other teams around the league don`t get it. One player doesn`t make a defense. Cleve way over paid for Earl Holmes a few years ago, then it was over for him there in just one season. Earl was a damn good 3-4 lb. But he doesn`t cover enough ground in a 4-3 that cleveland was running at the time.