PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Opinion of Heinz Field?

Steelers
09-16-2006, 10:10 PM
I've been hearing a lot of people bashing on its aestetics and whatnot lately. Now, I've never been to Steelers game there, but I've been there for countless PITT games, and I think it's pretty awesome.

Do you like the look of it, the open end, the field, etc?

calell83
09-16-2006, 10:18 PM
I wish they had tried to make it contain sound a little better...and that you could get to all parts of the stadium from all floors, other then that it is good

SteelCityMan786
09-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Heinz Field is the best stadium for an NFL Game. The Design is amazing. The Open end was very creative in my opinion. makes it more challenging to kick. And the views from the seats are picture perfect. There is absolutely nothing bad about Heinz Field.

83-Steelers-43
09-16-2006, 10:20 PM
No complaints here. It's still loud, nice view of the river (Clipper coming in) and I have no complaints about my seats.

I've noticed many say "Well it's no Three Rivers.". That's correct nor is it supposed to be. Some people can't seem to let go. I loved TR's just as much as the next fan (bought my actual seats from there), but I'm willing to give Heinz Field a chance. It's a great stadium to watch football.

Texasfan
09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
The only complaint I have is the turf. With as many games that are played there, it should have been some type of artificial surface.

Ohio Steeler
09-16-2006, 11:12 PM
The only complaint I have is the turf. With as many games that are played there, it should have been some type of artificial surface.

I agree with you however I would have liked to seen them use that FieldTurf

http://www.fieldturfplayground.com/company/pressReleases.cfm

83-Steelers-43
09-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the field. When it first opened it was horrible. Since then it hasn't really been an issue from what I've seen.

People were ready to jump on the turf issue after the Dolphin game because our boys were sliding and falling all over the place, but the Dolphins seemed to be doing just fine.

Just my two cents.

BlackNGold203
09-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Saw some of the Pitt game today...field looked OK to me....

SteelCityMan786
09-16-2006, 11:39 PM
The field isn't bad at all. The DD Grassmaster I think was installed sometime after the inagural season at Heinz Field.

jaysta
09-17-2006, 12:01 AM

The turf is actually one of the best in the league. Denver uses the exact same system and has no issues either. Here is a thread where this was discussed if you are interested.:bouncy:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10369

Lyn
09-17-2006, 12:07 AM
The field looked good today but it is the beginning of the season. By the time Pitt gets done playing, as well as the high school playoffs and their seasons are ended it is typically playoff time for the Steelers. Last season was no problem at all because all the games were on the road. Typically, when the Steelers have "homefield advantage," the turf is really torn up. They seem to do much better on the road than at home at seasons' end. It just seems that they are wearing the wrong length cleats or something. Grass is really not that hard to grow but when you have all the traffic on it that Heinz does, no groundskeeper can make a miracle.

MyCuz64Furness
09-17-2006, 09:35 AM
I just went to the opener and thought it was :cool: ....I thought it was pretty loud but most people say 3Rivers was louder.......

shevdog
09-17-2006, 02:26 PM

Good point about the turf. It always seems to be in bad condition. Even during the opener it wasn't a fresh field.

pitt
09-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I hate it and want 3 Rivers stadium back.

Lyn
09-18-2006, 12:00 AM
I hate it and want 3 Rivers stadium back.

It was ubique and seemingly could have been remodeled, fixed or whatever necessary things needed doing, however, the idea of a new stadium was to add club seats aka boxes as well as more seats for Joe6Pack. I like Heinz but only because the Steelers are playing there, I loved 3 rivers. Steeler fans who went to games at Forbes Field felt the same way when they moved to 3 Rivers as some of us feel about Heinz. We will all adjust!~

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

HoosierDaddy
09-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Beats a panzy-ass enclosed stadium anyday. I'll take a game played on a messy field subject to the elements of nature as opposed to a game within a sterile environment anyday. That being said, the equipment manager could do a better job making sure the players are wearing the proper sized cleats to prevent some of the slips, falls, etc that occured during the Dolphins game.

I would have preferred a more retro-styled stadium featuring some of the standard design elements featured in Three Rivers Stadium. I don't dig the "erector set" look.

SteelShooter
09-18-2006, 01:47 AM
The issue with traction during the Fins game was our fault. Our guys were not wearing the correct cleats for the wet surface......notice the Fins did not have the same issue? Bill Cowher even commented on it.

I love the stadium! It's unique.

HoosierDaddy
09-18-2006, 01:57 AM
"The issue with traction during the Fins game was our fault. Our guys were not wearing the correct cleats for the wet surface......notice the Fins did not have the same issue? Bill Cowher even commented on it."

I agree. :cheers:

Remember, no matter how bad the field is both teams must deal with it. I laugh whenever people say things like the Rams have an advantage because their turf is "fast." Hello, wouldn't that turf be "fast" for their opponents as well? :smile:

Haiku_Dirtt
09-18-2006, 02:19 AM
My bro's tickets are the last row way up high. One step back would be a long drop down. And they are great seats....luv them.

Great stadium.

Now who is the first to kick a 50-yard field goal is a Guiness World record event.

HoosierDaddy
09-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Isn't a 48 yarder the longest at Heinz so far? It wasn't even on the open end. lol

HometownGal
09-18-2006, 07:56 AM
I've noticed many say "Well it's no Three Rivers.". That's correct nor is it supposed to be. Some people can't seem to let go. I loved TR's just as much as the next fan (bought my actual seats from there), but I'm willing to give Heinz Field a chance. It's a great stadium to watch football.

I was very much a TRS fan - I loved the stadium being closed to hold in the noise - you couldn't even hear the person next to you during a game. Lots of great memories there. I let it go - reluctantly. Heinz is OK - the view is gorgeous and I love the scoreboard and many of its amenities, but I personally don't think its design is very attractive and those yellow seats are almost as ugly and loud as the Rats' purple seats- LOL! It's the home of the team I love, though, so I just suck it up and have a great time when I attend a game. :tt02:

stlrtruck
09-18-2006, 08:21 AM
I don't think it holds the sound as good as Three Rivers Stadium did. They should have at least made a seating area on the south side of the stadium to help hold the noise but still show the city skyline (which everyone raves about). But personally, I don't go to the stadium to see the city skyline. I go to the stadium to look at the football field. Now spend some extra dollars and close in the south side a little more!!

Infamix
09-18-2006, 10:04 AM
What are the best seats in the house? I want to go to Heinz Field sometime this year.

Justin Otstott
09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
I wish they would have put the Steelers logo in the middle of the field or sumthing....that's about it

Jeremy
09-18-2006, 12:31 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I hated Three Rivers. It was a happy day when that monstrosity came down. I understand that it was loud and all that, but the stadium was a dump.

Heinz Field is as much about the player's comfort as our comfort.

Atlanta Dan
09-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Three Rivers held great memories for the Pirates and Steelers but a multi-purpose stadium (too many seats for the Bucs, not enough for the Steelers) with lots of bad seats for both sports was pretty clearly seen as a mistake by the early 1980s. The memories are for the championships, not TRS.

PNC Park is more attractive architecturally than Heinz, but you can do lot more with a 38,000 seat ballpark than a 65,000 seat stadium from a design standpoint.

I agree the big drawback to Heinz is the turf. The field is next to the river, but the Meadowlands is in a swamp and that field will be in much better shape than Heinz by mid-November. Playing 4 high school games on the field in a short period of time when the weather is bad in November doesn't help.

Jeremy
09-18-2006, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't mind FieldTurf at Heinz Field. The initial outlay for the Turf is offset by the reduced maintenance throughout the season. My only question would be who has to pay for it. Would it be the city or the team.