PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to the City of Pittsburgh

noto45
09-17-2006, 12:42 AM
I just watched the pregame ceremonies again and I Just wanted to say Thank You to the city of Pittsburgh. They made a special effort to show the national TV auidence what a beautiful city it is and how we show pride for our Steelers. How awsome were those Fireworks????? and those Banners!!!!!! Thanks for making it a special night!!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 12:45 AM
While I wasn't crazy about the bands at all, the city put on one hell of a show. Makes me proud to be a Pittsburgher.

Stlrs4Life
09-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Sure was a nice opening. Glad I was there to witness it live.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-17-2006, 11:40 AM
The fireworks were nice, not crazy about the bands. The Patsy's had The Rolling Stones, and Ozzy. I wonder who decides whos going to play, and who pays for it. Other than the fireworks I thought it was kind of lame compared to other cities in years past. I would have liked to see the Steel Building all light up. Or have the lights turned on to make the # 1 or something along those lines. I'm sure it was nice in person.

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2006, 12:55 PM
I know certain posters on this board give Kraft and Brady credit for everything up to and including the discovery of fire, but the opening night bands are picked by the league and network, not the local teams :)