PDA

View Full Version : Mario picks Steelers for Superbowl XLI

Infamix
09-17-2006, 10:58 AM
I was watching "Inside the NFL" last night and Dan Marino picked the Steelers to repeat. Collinsworth picked the Bengals and Chris Carter picked the Ravens :dang:

SteelCityMan786
09-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Dan will be correct. No way the Bengals or Ravens win. The Bengals are going to make the playoffs in my opinion but will fall again. Baltimore didn't make any impressive moves.

4n2t0
09-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Dan will be correct. No way the Bengals or Ravens win. The Bengals are going to make the playoffs in my opinion but will fall again. Baltimore didn't make any impressive moves.

McNair was an impressive move, it's all they really needed.

SteelCityMan786
09-17-2006, 11:04 AM
McNair was an impressive move, they got the QB they always needed.

In my opinion, McNair is washed up. He's gonna end up being replaced in the near future. Baltimore wasted money on a guy past his prime. Yes he didn't look like it last week, but he is. He will show that he is a pathetic QB that needs to RETIRE.

4n2t0
09-17-2006, 11:06 AM
In my opinion, McNair is washed up. He's gonna end up being replaced in the near future. Baltimore wasted money on a guy past his prime. Yes he didn't look like it last week, but he is. He will show that he is a pathetic QB that needs to RETIRE.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, if healthy he is a great player. I remember a MVP in '03. I guess we see it differently.

Infamix
09-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Regardless past his prime or not, Mcnair is an upgrade from last year, and their defense is back. I'm not worried about the Bungles this year, I'm worried about the Ratbirds. With that said, I still think we are going to win a very competitive division this year.

Midnightwriter07
09-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Wil get to see McNair and see just how washed up he is ...not sure where anyone would say washed up... As long as he stays healthy ... the Ravens will be a good team. Thier lack of a QB has been what has been hampering them since Boller came on board

BlacknGold Bleeder
09-17-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry but I have to disagree, if healthy he is a great player. I remember a MVP in '03. I guess we see it differently.

THat' a mighty big IF , then again anyone better than Baller,er Boller!!

Midnightwriter07
09-17-2006, 12:14 PM
samecould be said Ben or any other QB in thel eague .. only takes one play to take a QB out for awhile.. I am no McNair fan, but he is an above average QB IMO and the fact his past years years in Tenn were so bad is because the management depleated all the talent they had. Baltimore will be a contender for the North title with Cincy and Steelers and wouldnt be too suprised if all 3 made the playoffs... if one of the 3 gets left out this year... whoever it will be will be prably better than a few of the teams that do get in.

Steelers
09-17-2006, 12:16 PM
McNair is so damn fragile. He's amazing when he's healthy, but that's hardly ever...

19ward86
09-17-2006, 12:17 PM
mcnair is a..... consistant qb, yeah he is an ex-mvp but he is like eddie george not huge numbers but consistent.

stlrtruck
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
McNair has a history against the Steelers. He always seems to find a way to beat us. However, he has played us in a few years and things have changed. As for the ratbirds, they really haven't played anyone with a strong defense so they've been able to ride shotgun over their first two opponents and they have the clowns next week. I'll be more impressed with them when they start beating teams with a strong defense, and better offenses.

steelerdude
09-18-2006, 12:02 PM
McNair was an impressive move, it's all they really needed.

McNair will not make it through 16 games.

Justin Otstott
09-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Regardless past his prime or not, Mcnair is an upgrade from last year, and their defense is back. I'm not worried about the Bungles this year, I'm worried about the Ratbirds. With that said, I still think we are going to win a very competitive division this year.

Im a little worried about both teams but more of the Ravens...they looked good on Sunday....

Jeremy
09-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Without getting into McNair's relative value to the Ravens, I think it's very interesting that Marino would pick against the Dolphins.

Ben6623
09-18-2006, 01:24 PM
McNair has a history against the Steelers. He always seems to find a way to beat us. However, he has played us in a few years and things have changed. As for the ratbirds, they really haven't played anyone with a strong defense so they've been able to ride shotgun over their first two opponents and they have the clowns next week. I'll be more impressed with them when they start beating teams with a strong defense, and better offenses.

that is very true i guess we'll have to wait to see if Mcnair is any good once he plays against a good team.