PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Injuries

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
09-17-2006, 12:15 PM
was just carted off the field had a collision with Ruben Drones, he's moving so that's a good thing. Hope he'll be okay.

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Bungal veteran center is down and carted off. Rich Braham. That's gotta hurt and I'm not just talking about the injury.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-17-2006, 01:01 PM
And The Mouth has a bruised shoulder.

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 01:03 PM
And the Shoe Bomber still has a sore heal.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-17-2006, 01:06 PM
...and John Wayne Bobbit has a sore.............so we really want to pursue this thread?:bouncy: :sofunny: :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 01:15 PM
By the end of this game, the title of this thread might have to be changed to "The Bungal Injury List".

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-17-2006, 01:20 PM
And it will only get longer next week!

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Dexter Jackson now down with what looks like a significant ankle injury. Limping off the field.

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I'd also like to take the time out and say that I believe it's safe to say that we will take two from the Browns this season. They are absolutely horrible on both sides of the field.

Petesburgh66
09-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Bengals lose LB Pollack, C Braham, S Jackson to injuries

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Bengals lost three starters to injury -- linebacker David Pollack, center Rich Braham and safety Dexter Jackson -- during the first half of their game Sunday against the Cleveland Browns. Advertisement

Pollack hurt his neck while tackling running back Reuben Droughns on Cleveland's second play. Pollack, a first-round pick last year, hit Droughns with his right shoulder, then lay face-down on the field.

He remained conscious and gave a thumbs-up sign with both hands as he left the field on a back board. The team said he had full feeling in his extremities. Pollack was taken for precautionary X-rays.

Braham hurt his left knee while blocking on a running play early in the second quarter. He lay on his back in pain while the medical staff examined his knee, then was taken off on a cart as well.

Braham is the cornerstone to one of the league's most experience offensive lines. The line already was missing left tackle Levi Jones, who was inactive Sunday because of a lingering ankle injury.

The defense took another hit when Jackson rolled his right ankle while trying to make a play late in the first half. Jackson, one of the team's top free-agent acquisitions, could only take a few steps at a time while he limped off the field. Jackson also left the field for medical tests.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9666354

I guess Karma is biting them in the ass after last week.

floodcitygirl
09-17-2006, 02:00 PM
And yet they're still managaing the win. go browns.

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 02:02 PM
That's really not saying all that much....

floodcitygirl
09-17-2006, 02:08 PM
That's really not saying all that much....While that may be true, life is always much better here when the Bungles lose. :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 02:10 PM
By no means do I want the Bengals to win this game. Simply stating that beating the Browns with the injuries the Bengals sustained during today's game is not that big of a feat.

It's like watching a 5'8" 180 pound individual with one arm beating up on a midget.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-17-2006, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=Petesburgh66;150673] CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Bengals lost three starters to injury -- linebacker David Pollack, center Rich Braham and safety Dexter Jackson -- during the first half of their game Sunday against the Cleveland Browns. Advertisement

Pollack hurt his neck while tackling running back Reuben Droughns on Cleveland's second play. Pollack, a first-round pick last year, hit Droughns with his right shoulder, then lay face-down on the field.

He remained conscious and gave a thumbs-up sign with both hands as he left the field on a back board. The team said he had full feeling in his extremities. Pollack was taken for precautionary X-rays.

Braham hurt his left knee while blocking on a running play early in the second quarter. He lay on his back in pain while the medical staff examined his knee, then was taken off on a cart as well.

Braham is the cornerstone to one of the league's most experience offensive lines. The line already was missing left tackle Levi Jones, who was inactive Sunday because of a lingering ankle injury.

The defense took another hit when Jackson rolled his right ankle while trying to make a play late in the first half. Jackson, one of the team's top free-agent acquisitions, could only take a few steps at a time while he limped off the field. Jackson also left the field for medical tests.

QUOTE]

I think we are all aware that this is Kimo's fault and he did all this on purpose.:rolleyes:

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 02:19 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9666354

I guess Karma is biting them in the ass after last week.

Thanks for the link. They might have to update it by the end of the fourth quarter.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-17-2006, 02:38 PM
They were all dirty hits by various Browns players. Even the one on Jackson. That was a dirty block.:sofunny:

HometownGal
09-17-2006, 02:58 PM
By no means do I want the Bengals to win this game. Simply stating that beating the Browns with the injuries the Bengals sustained during today's game is not that big of a feat.

It's like watching a 5'8" 180 pound individual with one arm beating up on a midget.

LMAO!! Rudi is running wild, though - well over 100 yards, 2 TDs and averaging 6 ypc. I'm glad I have him as my top back in a bunch of my FFLs.

The only thing the Browns have done right today was pick off Carson once and sack him 4 times. Other than that - the Browns look just pathetic.

Petesburgh66
09-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the link. They might have to update it by the end of the fourth quarter.

Why did some one else get injuired? I was lucky this game wasn't shown in my area. Regardless, the bungalwagon will use these injuries as another exuse for next next week.

Ohio Steeler
09-17-2006, 03:07 PM
They were all dirty hits by various Browns players. Even the one on Jackson. That was a dirty block.:sofunny:

I guess the Browns are thinking if they cant beat them they should just beat them up

Livinginthe past
09-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Im havin a good day FF wise also (things were bound to improve once I stopped picking inactive guys)

Grossman is on my team - 4 TD 270 yards

Vick 100 in the air and 100 on the ground 2 TD's

Carson 452 yards 2 TD's

Galloway 9/161

Henry 5/113

Hopefully this gets me off the mark, I got LT to eun up some points later

NM

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Holy hell that was a hard hit on Chad Johnson!

He's up and walking but his face is bleeding.

Ohio Steeler
09-17-2006, 03:13 PM

poor baby

Petesburgh66
09-17-2006, 03:16 PM

Any gold chicklets on the field? What until next week when Ike is all over him.

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 03:21 PM
It's about time somebody cracked him in the jaw.

I tell you what, Bengals came away with the victory against a pathetic Brown team, but the Browns brought the boom down on them today. Reminds me of the 60's Steelers.

stillers4me
09-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Not a pretty game....but a win none the less and we would take it, too.

I wonder if CJ still has all his teefs.

83-Steelers-43
09-17-2006, 03:28 PM
but a win none the less

Only question now is.........at what price?

Haiku_Dirtt
09-17-2006, 04:15 PM
Any gold chicklets on the field? What until next week when Ike is all over him.

Chicken Dance?????? CJ or Chad or whatever. Didn't yo mama tell you chickens get slaughtered?

Hats off to Romeo. Really. If you are not going to beat the scoreboard then you sure as hell better beat some heads in.

I guess it's still Kimo's fault.

Stlrs4Life
09-17-2006, 05:02 PM
was just carted off the field had a collision with Ruben Drones, he's moving so that's a good thing. Hope he'll be okay.

Hope he's going to be ok. Hope they are all back for Sunday.

Ambridge
09-17-2006, 05:53 PM

Damn!!!
I missed it.

Good job Cleveland.:party:

Marvin_for_prez
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Hope he's going to be ok. Hope they are all back for Sunday.
Good post.
Me too, but ultimately it doesn't matter either way. One lesson this team has learned is that the bottom line is that you have to win with who you have. Pissing and moaning about who isn't in the game isn't going to change the final score.
There will be no excuses and we will be ready this weekend. I can't wait. :cheers:

CantStop85
09-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Good post.
Me too, but ultimately it doesn't matter either way. One lesson this team has learned is that the bottom line is that you have to win with who you have. Pissing and moaning about who isn't in the game isn't going to change the final score.
There will be no excuses and we will be ready this weekend. I can't wait. :cheers:
I think as long as we have Dexter Jackson back we should be fine. I think the O-Line did a great job today with no Levi Jones or Rich Braham, I don't see much of a drop off between Pollack and Jeanty, and Chris Henry and Kelley Washington are certainly capable of filling the void left by T.J. However, I don't like the look of the secondary against the Steelers with Kaesviharn starting at safety. Anyone else who can come back and play next week is just gravy. :jammin:

Livinginthe past
09-17-2006, 07:29 PM
I think as long as we have Dexter Jackson back we should be fine. I think the O-Line did a great job today with no Levi Jones or Rich Braham, I don't see much of a drop off between Pollack and Jeanty, and Chris Henry and Kelley Washington are certainly capable of filling the void left by T.J. However, I don't like the look of the secondary against the Steelers with Kaesviharn starting at safety. Anyone else who can come back and play next week is just gravy. :jammin:

I have Henry in both my FF's - is Toush due back from injury anytime soon?

That was a nice game by today - I think he is a genuine No.2 on a team that can afford to play him at No.3

NM

CantStop85
09-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Injuries dampen Bengals victory
By GEOFF HOBSON
September 17, 2006

Posted: 6:50 p.m.

With wide receiver Chris Henry racking up his first 100-yard game, quarterback Carson Palmer his sixth 300-yard game, running back Rudi Johnson rolling to his 14th 100-yard game along with the defense’s second straight dominating stand, the Bengals controlled Sunday’s Paul Brown Stadium opener from start to finish, 34-17, before 66,072 in the sun-splashed 21st straight sellout.

But they paid a price when they watched three starters leave the field with injuries given early indications that will put them out of next Sunday’s AFC North showdown in Pittsburgh with strong-side linebacker David Pollack's injured neck apparently the most serious.

In the first half, center Rich Braham suffered a deep knee bruise that required the cart and strong safety Dexter Jackson rolled his ankle in spraining his ankle, and head coach Marvin Lewis said they will "miss time."

Wide receiver Tab Perry got carted off in the last minute after a kick return, but he was walking around in the locker room and indicated he was OK.

And wide receiver Chad Johnson walked off the field at the two-minute warning with a bloody chin courtesy of a Cleveland helmet and was clearly disoriented because he was asking people in the locker room if they won and couldn't meet the media.

"Chad was a little loopy," Palmer said, "but he'll be all right."

And somewhere in there it became Steeler Week. But Palmer, who professed his hatred for the Steelers during the offseason, said he didn't think about it until he heard the late-game chant, "We want Pittsburgh."

"Regardless of what happens next week, we've got a lot of football games left to be played. And nobody knows that better than them," said Lewis of a Pittsburgh team that didn't lose a game on the way to the Super Bowl after they lost to the Steelers last December. "They proved that last year, late in the year."

Lewis is no doubt going to take some heat for having Palmer and Chad Johnson on the field so late in a blowout. But after free safety Brian Russell popped Johnson on cornerback Leigh Bodden's interception just before the two-minute warning, Lewis said he didn't think about taking Palmer out at any point..

But the most serious injury happened to Pollack, who suffered "a significant neck injury," which raised the possibility he could be lost for the season. Pollack left the field on a stretcher giving the thumbs-up. He could move his extremities and was conscious, and was taken to University Hospital after running back Reuben Droughns collided with him during a 10-yard run on the Browns' second offensive snap. He's expected to spend the night there.

"Everything is working. Everything is stabilized," Lewis said. "It put a little damper on it for me and the guys."

Braham’s absence looked to have the biggest impact, although Browns quarterback Charlie Frye and wide receiver Braylon Edwards did hook up on the longest plays of their careers with a 75-yard bomb early in the fourth quarter after Jackson left in the middle of the second quarter.

"I'm day-to-day," said Jackson with his lower leg in a walking boot.

But with Braham out and left tackle Levi Jones inactive, the Bengals’ vaunted offensive line allowed four sacks after a season they didn’t allow more than three in a game.

Doesn't look too good for Pollack...can't wait for Odell's suspension to end.

The part about Chad is funny.

Marvin_for_prez
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM

Agreed. The Jackson injury is the most disturbing to me. Man, that looked bad.

CantStop85
09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
I have Henry in both my FF's - is Toush due back from injury anytime soon?

That was a nice game by today - I think he is a genuine No.2 on a team that can afford to play him at No.3

NM
I think all indications are that TJ will be back against Pitt, barring any set-backs. Chris Henry will still get plenty of looks either way, though...the Bengals will be using a lot of 3 WR sets this season with CJ and Henry out wide and TJ in the slot.

HometownGal
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
"Chad was a little loopy," Palmer said,

Was???? He was loopy before he got his boo-boo.

Hey CS85 - did CJ have a bowel reduction or something? He looks like he had part of his intestines removed and super-glued to the top of his head. My God - that is just nasty. :yuck:

tony hipchest
09-17-2006, 09:55 PM
"Regardless of what happens next week, we've got a lot of football games left to be played. And nobody knows that better than them," said Lewis of a Pittsburgh team that didn't lose a game on the way to the Super Bowl after they lost to the Steelers last December. "They proved that last year, late in the year."

nice of lewis to pave the way for a loss. he left chad in the game cause he is as enamoured with chads celebrations as chad is. bad move. i hope the influx of 3 wr sets gets a. smith on the field some.

Petesburgh66
09-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Loopy = concussion.

stillers4me
09-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Loopy = concussion.

Definetely a brain bruise.....the lad thought he was still at Oktoberfest!!! :banana:

BengalBrian
09-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm glad you are all enjoying this so much...:sign06:

I am so ready for next sunday...

Agreed with you guys on the Jackson injury. We need him. The rest we have depth. Braham will be missed but we are covered. Pollack will be missed but hasnt done much with us yet anyway. I expected big things this season, but nothing is definately lost. Just potential. Again, plenty of depth. TJ should be playing Sunday from what I heard.

R2sojr
09-18-2006, 12:27 AM

I am so ready for next sunday...

Agreed with you guys on the Jackson injury. We need him. The rest we have depth. Braham will be missed but we are covered. Pollack will be missed but hasnt done much with us yet anyway. I expected big things this season, but nothing is definately lost. Just potential. Again, plenty of depth. TJ should be playing Sunday from what I heard.

i understand with u bein sick and all but when someone runs his mouth as much as he does someone is gonna ring that bell and wake him up eventually!!

Golden Wave
09-18-2006, 12:50 AM
the browns beat the heck outta the bengal players lol.
i think on their side line was like.. we cant win, lets just beat the crap outta the players.
#85 called his mommy after that hit.

Person A and not B
09-18-2006, 02:25 AM
I'd just like to say that without even seeing the full hit on Chad, a coworker of mine said "That's illegal! He can't do that, he.." Then trailed off, realizing that I didn't care about the tears cried for all the bengals that fall over when the wind blows too hard. I'm sorry, that was a bit mean.

Marvin_for_prez
09-18-2006, 04:18 AM
I'd just like to say that without even seeing the full hit on Chad, a coworker of mine said "That's illegal! He can't do that, he.." Then trailed off, realizing that I didn't care about the tears cried for all the bengals that fall over when the wind blows too hard. I'm sorry, that was a bit mean.

I didn't see anyone crying about anything. It was a good hit.
The real question is: considering the fact that guys were getting hurt right and left, why was Chad even out there taking shots like that when the game was already decided at that point?

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Pollack will be missed but hasnt done much with us yet anyway.

???...In our last meeting...(playoff game..remember?) Pollack led your defense...5 solo tackles 3 assists and a sack...???:dang: :dang:

stillers4me
09-18-2006, 05:29 AM
I didn't see anyone crying about anything. It was a good hit.
The real question is: considering the fact that guys were getting hurt right and left, why was Chad even out there taking shots like that when the game was already decided at that point?

Because Marvin Lewis is coaching with chip on his shoulder and his players are paying the price. Some guy ya got there.

BengalBrian
09-18-2006, 06:51 AM
???...In our last meeting...(playoff game..remember?) Pollack led your defense...5 solo tackles 3 assists and a sack...???:dang: :dang:

I didnt say he didnt do anything.. I said he hasnt done much.. Pay attention :dang:

HometownGal
09-18-2006, 07:48 AM
All I know is that I want both teams TOTALLY healthy when we play them next Sunday. Let's duel it out at full throttle and may the team that rightfully earns that win get that win fair and square. This game is going to mimic a championship game and both teams are going to bring their A+ game. It sucks that I won't be able to watch it, as I'll be in Dover for the NASCAR race, :dang: but I have a friend taping it for me.

BengalBrian
09-18-2006, 08:00 AM
That aint gonna happen :(

http://forums.cincybengals.com/showthread.php?t=14887

bigbensgirl7
09-18-2006, 08:52 AM
That aint gonna happen :(

http://forums.cincybengals.com/showthread.php?t=14887

well that is not a good list. I hope Pollack is OK that sounds very serious, and I don't like to see anyone suffer something like that.

Here's to a good game next week and one that is injury free on both sides, but before I can really thing about next weeks game....we have a game tonight!!!

Jeremy
09-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Because Marvin Lewis is coaching with chip on his shoulder and his players are paying the price. Some guy ya got there.

I don't know about having a chip on his shoulder, but things seem strange in the Queen City these days. Players are getting in trouble with the law left and right, guys are getting hurt, and they seem to have acquired a very thug-like between the white lines.

I know they're angry over the way their season ended last year and I don't blame them. It's always tough when your quaterback goes down with an injury. But we had the same thing happen twice last season and we came back from those dissapointments to win the Super Bowl.

But at the end of the day, you need to be professional in the NFL. Rivalries are all well and good, but you can't act like you're still in college. Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson run their mouths about how much they hate the Steelers. How is that going to help them win the other 14 games they have to play?

I think the Bengals have some growing up to do before they can talk about Super Bowls.

floodcitygirl
09-18-2006, 09:16 AM
I think the Bengals have some growing up to do before they can talk about Super Bowls.Just don't know that it's going to happen...at least with the fans. Every game they're still talking about Kimo and the "dirty" hit and how much they hate him and the Steelers. Happened 3 times yesterday in my presence. I guess the fact that they weren't playing the Steelers and that they WON their game, doesn't register with them. :hunch:

BengalBrian
09-18-2006, 12:08 PM
Just don't know that it's going to happen...at least with the fans. Every game they're still talking about Kimo and the "dirty" hit and how much they hate him and the Steelers. Happened 3 times yesterday in my presence. I guess the fact that they weren't playing the Steelers and that they WON their game, doesn't register with them. :hunch:

Just because one or a group of fans are still talking about that, doesnt mean we all are. Would you want me to judge you based on some of your fanbase?? I dont think so

Mosca
09-18-2006, 12:47 PM

Hehe, you're figuring that we're going to behave like Bengals fans? Or impartially? I spent some time at Bengals Zone, you guys get treated a lot better here than Steelers fans get treated there. And regarding the Bengals as a team, for as little respect as they get here it's 100 times more respect than the Steelers get from Bengals Zone.

Now's the time to see what kind of roster depth the Bengals have. Next week is going to ROCK!!!! There's little love lost on either side of the field, I'd love to have tickets for this one!

Tom

Jeremy
09-18-2006, 01:24 PM
We don't really need to have an "idiots in every fan base" discussion do we? Any mature adult knows that there are plenty of immature adults who root for their favorite teams and show their ignorance every chance they get.

No when we're talking about the Bengals, we're talking about a team tasting success for the first time in a decade. That's going to lead to some stupidity and ignorance on their parts.

As for me, I just don't like the city period. Between the Reds and the Bengals, I really don't like their teams or their fans.

Marvin_for_prez
09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Hehe, you're figuring that we're going to behave like Bengals fans? Or impartially? I spent some time at Bengals Zone, you guys get treated a lot better here than Steelers fans get treated there. And regarding the Bengals as a team, for as little respect as they get here it's 100 times more respect than the Steelers get from Bengals Zone.

Now's the time to see what kind of roster depth the Bengals have. Next week is going to ROCK!!!! There's little love lost on either side of the field, I'd love to have tickets for this one!

Tom

That's only 1 MB. It doesn't represent all Bengals fans.
We have several members at cincybengals who are Steelers fans and are very well respected and appreciated. Sounds like you just ran across a group of asshats. I can't honestly say that every encounter I've ever had with a Steelers fan was a pleasant one, but I realize that those individuals don't represent the majority.
And I agree with your assessment of the game. There has been some bad blood brewing between these two teams and it should make for one hell of a football game. :cheers:

Jeremy
09-18-2006, 01:37 PM
This rivalry is begining to remind me of the old Houston Oilers/Pittsburgh Steelers game. Those two ballclubs hated each other. I'll never forget the brawl down in AstroDome between the two clubs during a game in the 80s.

floodcitygirl
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
Just because one or a group of fans are still talking about that, doesnt mean we all are. Would you want me to judge you based on some of your fanbase?? I dont think soIt wasn't all one group or in the same place. Don't forget Brian, I live here too. There is not a small number in your fan base that is still obsessed about this....it's common conversation...and a very tired one. :yawn:

BengalBrian
09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
It wasn't all one group or in the same place. Don't forget Brian, I live here too. There is not a small number in your fan base that is still obsessed about this....it's common conversation...and a very tired one. :yawn:

I barely come here anymore, let alone LIVE here...:shrug:

floodcitygirl
09-18-2006, 02:25 PM
I barely come here anymore, let alone LIVE here...:shrug:Brian.....I'm talking about in the same city.....Cincinnati. shrug, shrug.

BengalBrian
09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Brian.....I'm talking about in the same city.....Cincinnati. shrug, shrug.

Ahhh.. Well.. I rarely hear it mentioned anywhere anymore.. And if it is, its to the tune of 'get over it.. That was last year'.. I am sure you being a Steelers fan, its almost talked about just to get under your skin.. I assure you most fans do not even give a rats ass anymore.. Especially since Carson is obviously back 110%

floodcitygirl
09-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Ahhh.. Well.. I rarely hear it mentioned anywhere anymore.. And if it is, its to the tune of 'get over it.. That was last year'.. I am sure you being a Steelers fan, its almost talked about just to get under your skin.. I assure you most fans do not even give a rats ass anymore.. Especially since Carson is obviously back 110%While I'd like to go along for the sake of agreement.....and I'm glad to hear that at least you and your select group have gotten past it......I can't. I have been around people time and again that had no idea that I'm a Steeler fan (until after their comments) that continue to obsess about Kimo "the assasin" and the "if only Carson hadn't been "taken out"....:blah: :blah: :blah: . No doubt that people who know me have given me a bad time about it as well, which is to be expected. I'm just saying, it's not rare.

BTW Mosca.....I've got my ticket!!!!!! :cheer:

BengalBrian
09-18-2006, 02:44 PM
While I'd like to go along for the sake of agreement.....and I'm glad to hear that at least you and your select group have gotten past it......I can't. I have been around people time and again that had no idea that I'm a Steeler fan (until after their comments) that continue to obsess about Kimo "the assasin" and the "if only Carson hadn't been "taken out"....:blah: :blah: :blah: . No doubt that people who know me have given me a bad time about it as well, which is to be expected. I'm just saying, it's not rare.

BTW Mosca.....I've got my ticket!!!!!! :cheer:

Well.. Since you are bringing it up.. We would have won that game..

;)

lol

Mosca
09-18-2006, 03:15 PM
We have several members at cincybengals who are Steelers fans and are very well respected and appreciated. Sounds like you just ran across a group of asshats.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. We all know there are asshats everywhere, all across the USA and the world. I enjoy talking football, team affiliation be damned.

And I hope yer guys gets well quickly; no excuses, like you said.

Tom

floodcitygirl
09-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Well.. Since you are bringing it up.. We would have won that game..

;)

lolSEE.....I knew it!!!! It was just a matter of time! (lol)