PDA

View Full Version : Drew Who?

boLT fan
09-17-2006, 07:10 PM
I knew it was a aginast the Titans, but daaaaaamn Rivers is looking good.

25 / 35, 235 YDSm 1 TD, 0 INT

This should shut some people up at least.

:banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Well you didn't the draft day trade for Rivers just for him to sit on the bench. He is playing really well. But Drew Brees isn't doing to bad himself. He had an hell of game today and has the Saints off to a 2-0 start.

boLT fan
09-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Brees did do pretty well, but he still had some of the same problems he always did. Like fumbling as he is about to throw, that happens to him a lot more than any other QB i've seen (I think it might be his height).

But still, i'm so happy Rivers is tearing it up right now. After we have this bye week, we can see how he does against a real defense in the Baltimore Ravens.

Ambridge
09-17-2006, 08:03 PM

Rivers looking good against two of the worst teams in the league in Oakland and Tennessee should be expected.
I agree that it has to make Chargers fans excited to see him play well so far.
I'll hold further opinion until he plays against some stiffer competition and when the pressure is on him to make plays to win games.

boLT fan
09-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Rivers looking good against two of the worst teams in the league in Oakland and Tennessee should be expected.
I agree that it has to make Chargers fans excited to see him play well so far.
I'll hold further opinion until he plays against some stiffer competition and when the pressure is on him to make plays to win games.

I know he hasn't played a whole lot of talent yet, but I know there were people that thought he would struggle his first two games no matter who is he playing. Obviously i'm extremely happy with him right now, but very anxious to see how he does against a very good defense like the Ravens.

And his passes are sooo tight compared to Brees. It almost doesn't look like they are spinning.

Livinginthe past
09-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Brees did do pretty well, but he still had some of the same problems he always did. Like fumbling as he is about to throw, that happens to him a lot more than any other QB i've seen (I think it might be his height).

But still, i'm so happy Rivers is tearing it up right now. After we have this bye week, we can see how he does against a real defense in the Baltimore Ravens.

C'mon even more than Culpepper?

Anyway, I still maintain that the Chargers have the game to go all the way this year - its just their coach they have to account for in the post season.

You couldnt ask for a much better support crew for a 'rookie' QB than Gates and Tomlinson - I think he will continue to improve week on week.

You are right though - the Titans are a truly awful team.

NM

Jeremy
09-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Marty is due to break through sooner or later.

The Chargers seem to be the class of the West so far. I'm not sure if that's a credit to them or a shot against the rest of division.

boLT fan
09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Anyway, I still maintain that the Chargers have the game to go all the way this year - its just their coach they have to account for in the post season.

There was a certain coach last season that "couldn't win the big one", but he seemed to do all right. I never really care when people say Marty sucks in the post-season, only one team can win it a year and it's soon to be his year.

tony hipchest
09-17-2006, 08:36 PM
There was a certain coach last season that "couldn't win the big one", but he seemed to do all right. I never really care when people say Marty sucks in the post-season, only one team can win it a year and it's soon to be his year.

those who are quick to label someone with the "choker" tag (shottenheimer, cowher, p. manning) are probably too young to remember john elway and his back to back superbowls. shottenheimer is just as likely to win it as anyone else providing the preformance on sundays with a little luck. noone has won without either.

im not too impressed with rivers preformance cause i didnt really expect much less. marty is bringing him along fine and lt is the best thing since marshall faulk.

those who quickly apply the choker tag probably forget when faulk went to one of the worst teams in the league and led them to sb glory.

better the chargers than anyone else in that division.

Livinginthe past
09-17-2006, 08:44 PM

Of course its no guarantee that he cant get it done, but he does have a poor history in that area.

Look.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=3160&highlight=marty

That, combined with a bunch of other retarded moves, did kill our season. So many times we would've won if Marty would have been on top of things.

Even you think he's an idiot.

NM

CantStop85
09-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I knew it was a aginast the Titans, but daaaaaamn Rivers is looking good.

25 / 35, 235 YDSm 1 TD, 0 INT

I know how you feel, man...the Bengals took a lot of slack after deciding to start Palmer over Jon Kitna after Kitna's break-out year. When you have that much invested in a player you have to put them on the field, but the more time they get to learn behind a veteran QB the better off they'll be. It's good to see Rivers living up to expectations so far. :thumbsup:

Tankus_Maximus
09-18-2006, 09:59 AM
I like the way Marty's bringing Rivers along, doesn't have to win the game, just doesn't have to lose the game. Similar to the way Cowher brought Ben along. But damn, that "D" is scary. Merriman's gonna make people forget about Seau pretty soon.

boLT fan
09-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Even you think he's an idiot.

NM

Last year was just a pretty horrible year as a Charger fan. Nothing seemed to go right, and I still think much of it was Marty. But he has definatly won us more than he lost us. He is probably one of the biggest reasons we are a winning team right now. It's nice to see him putting in the second stringers during a blowout to not burn out the starters (which is something he didn't do over the years)

augustashark
09-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Last year was just a pretty horrible year as a Charger fan. Nothing seemed to go right, and I still think much of it was Marty. But he has definatly won us more than he lost us. He is probably one of the biggest reasons we are a winning team right now. It's nice to see him putting in the second stringers during a blowout to not burn out the starters (which is something he didn't do over the years)

Cleveland fans were saying these very things for many years. Just like BC, you have to prove you can win the big one. I would wish you good luck, but it may end up with us vs. you in the AFC Championship game.

Livinginthe past
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM

Its possible he is learning from his mistakes, thats what the good coaches do.

I give Marty the same credit I gave Cowher before he proved he could win the 'big one' without hamstringing his own team - he knows how to accumulate talent.

Cowher has alwys been a great talent evaluator (with the possible exception of QB) - and marty clearly knows good players when he sees them too.

FWIW I Like the Chargers as a team - genuinely exciting to watch and capabale of blowing any team clean out of the water on their day.

NM