PDA

View Full Version : Who needs to improve the most?

stillers4strife
07-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Ike Taylor? Max Starks? Chris Hope? Clark Haggans? Larry Foote? Matt Kranchick? Ricardo Colclough? Verron Haynes? Willie Parker? Ben Roethlisberger? Other?

Reference to the original poll: http://maximumgrilledsteelers.com/index.php?showtopic=3190

Prosdo
07-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I would say Ricardo Colclough. Ben Roethlisberger was second because I would like to see his performance in playoffs get better.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Ike Taylor? Max Starks? Chris Hope? Clark Haggans? Larry Foote? Matt Kranchick? Ricardo Colclough? Verron Haynes? Willie Parker? Ben Roethlisberger? Other?

Reference to the original poll: http://maximumgrilledsteelers.com/index.php?showtopic=3190

Ike Taylor..definately needs improvement..he had a down year last year and didnt have the best camp before the 2004 season.

coclough, this is his year to step up and take one of the starting nickle or dime spots ahead of taylor.

Hope..needs to have a solid year this year to keep us from looking for his replacement next april.

Starks...he'll still make some mistakes here and there, but he's got one of the best in the business coaching him, and a year to play and learn, so he'll be ok, IMO

Haynes. He's kinda stuck behind bettis and staley, so his main goal is to stay healthy so he's ready for next year to be other part of the duo w/ staley..if bettis retires

Parker.. same w/ him, he's stuck behind the others, so he needs to make every play count and race down on ST as well.

Kranchick.. he's got a chance to make this roster and contribute, but he's gonna have to work at it. He may be the odd man out this year w/ Tuman still starting and Heath Miller waiting to eventually take over. but he's got good hands so he needs to make the coaches decision to keep him off the field as hard as possible.

clevestinks
07-06-2005, 07:12 PM
We need Coc, and Hope to improve, like right now!

Prosdo
07-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Ike Taylor..definately needs improvement..he had a down year last year and didnt have the best camp before the 2004 season.

coclough, this is his year to step up and take one of the starting nickle or dime spots ahead of taylor.

Hope..needs to have a solid year this year to keep us from looking for his replacement next april.

Starks...he'll still make some mistakes here and there, but he's got one of the best in the business coaching him, and a year to play and learn, so he'll be ok, IMO

Haynes. He's kinda stuck behind bettis and staley, so his main goal is to stay healthy so he's ready for next year to be other part of the duo w/ staley..if bettis retires

Parker.. same w/ him, he's stuck behind the others, so he needs to make every play count and race down on ST as well.

Kranchick.. he's got a chance to make this roster and contribute, but he's gonna have to work at it. He may be the odd man out this year w/ Tuman still starting and Heath Miller waiting to eventually take over. but he's got good hands so he needs to make the coaches decision to keep him off the field as hard as possible.

Good post Blitz. Coclough and Taylor need to really need to step it up. Haynes and Parker like you said are stuck in a way.

LambertIsGod58
07-07-2005, 01:32 PM
I don't know if it's a case of improving or not, but I think Ben needs to post bigger numbers. The 15-1 was big but I mean individually. His numbers weren't outstanding but I guess with the running game and defense it was enough.

Livinginthe past
07-14-2005, 05:36 PM
I think poor Big Ben may have made life uncomfortable for himself in Steeler City with a generally accomplished regular season.
No-one expected him to be as calm as he was - yes he a reasonable ground game - not a GREAT one as people are wont to say but he made key plays when required and didnt give the ball up cheap.
Now people are expecting Tom Brady type form from him...well I got news for ya...TB is a once in a lifetime QB - amazing poise at the crucial moment and unshakeable self belief.

Dont Judge Big Ben by the marquee standard of Brady - it will only lead to disappointment.

Regards

NM

clevestinks
07-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I think poor Big Ben may have made life uncomfortable for himself in Steeler City with a generally accomplished regular season.
No-one expected him to be as calm as he was - yes he a reasonable ground game - not a GREAT one as people are wont to say but he made key plays when required and didnt give the ball up cheap.
Now people are expecting Tom Brady type form from him...well I got news for ya...TB is a once in a lifetime QB - amazing poise at the crucial moment and unshakeable self belief.

Dont Judge Big Ben by the marquee standard of Brady - it will only lead to disappointment.

Regards

NM
Wouldn`t want to insult Ben by comparing him to Brady, so don`t worry. ben has skills that Brady doesn`t have. I am not insulting Brady either, he has some traits that winner all have. Brady is a great qb, I don`t think anyone would deny that here. But Ben is and will be the real deal also. We know your type!

ironcitychef
07-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Dont Judge Big Ben by the marquee standard of Brady - it will only lead to disappointment.NM

uh, should we compare him to a lower QB like Leaf? Why wouldn't we compare to a standard like Brady? Disappointment we can handle if it happens. Lowering our standards is what would kill us.

Blitzburgh55
07-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Randle el nedd to step it up