PDA

View Full Version : Also an "Ohio" Steelers Fan :D

SteelersWoman
09-18-2006, 05:27 AM
Hey there :wave:!

Long post--sorry--I'm just so excited to be a fan and to be here :thumbsup:

I'm married almost 3 yrs now to a Browns fan :ouch: Oldest son (15)--Steelers fan, (my "smart" child :smile: ) youngest son (who came with this husband) is 10-- Browns fan--poor child wants to make "dad" happy :dang: We're a "blended family" in every sense of the word :stirthepot: lol By the way--I live right across the river from Pitts, and this is pretty much "Steelers territory".

I know this is gonna sound "nuts", but I'm 42, and have hated football my whole life...til last year's opening game for the Steelers. (Even though I didn't watch (or like) football, I knew if I could ever get into it, they'd be who I'd follow). But this is how it happened--my :idea: moment!

My dad (also Steelers fan and usual game watching buddy for son) was in the hospital, youngest son (who likes to watch Steelers games just to antagonize oldest about fumbles, etc) away for wknd, hubby at work, and my oldest was sick, (so he told my ex husband that he wouldn't be visiting him). So it's just the 2 of us home--he's not feeling well--laying on the couch waitin' for the first Steelers game of regular season.

I began to feel bad that he had to watch it by himself, so I figured I could "martyr" myself for an hour so that he didn't feel alone (I didn't realize at that time that an hour game was actually 3 hrs long) :yawn:

My son began making comments about the game--I began asking q's, and he answered them so well that I actually began to understand it a bit. As it wore on, I began to learn more. By the middle of that game, that was it, I was hooked for life :cheer:

Needless to say, my first yr as a fan was a rather exciting one. They became :champs: and I felt that they'd done it just in honor of me :flap: All during last season (and this one) I have NFL channel on most of the day and night--so I'm even driving the 3 guys I live with crazy--I've become a bigger football fan than all of them combined! :drool: :blush: This yr I'm even watching OTHer teams just to see what our matchups and possible Super Bowl rivals will be like to beat this yr :wink02:

Anyway--glad to be here--look forward to reading (and possibly writing) a lot more posts :jumper:

:sign01:

SteelerFanInCA
09-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Hello and welcome to the site.

83-Steelers-43
09-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Hello, welcome to the board and enjoy.

SteelShooter
09-24-2006, 11:27 PM
SteelersWoman,

Awesome story! thank you for sharing. With that done....my usual greeting:

Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ........................................and did I say "Hey There!" :whatnow:

wiqidjuggalo
09-25-2006, 09:39 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fierobello/i71056044_65682.gif

floodcitygirl
09-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Welcome SteelersWoman! Hope you enjoy SF!!!! :smile:

herewegosteelers
10-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of football. & you couldn't have picked a better team to cheer for. I am also a football freak!! "Steelers"freak. I am one of the few females I know who loves watching football. I even went as far as getting a Steelers Tatoo a few years ago. I am a total diehard!

SteelCityMan786
10-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the site.

jaysta
10-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Welcome SW! :helmet:

sk8termom
10-19-2006, 02:41 AM
Hi there - I'm from the Cleveland area. My husband and most of the rest of my family are ardent Clowns fans, so I understand what it's like! (lots of fun!)

Glad to know there are others like me - WELCOME!

floodcitygirl
10-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Welcome to you Sk8termom! Hope you enjoy!!! :smile: