PDA

View Full Version : Met any Steelers you didn't like?

LambertIsGod58
07-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Just wondering if you've met any Steelers you didn't like? I collect alot of autographed memorabilia and have met several players.

Players I didn't like

1) Terry Bradshaw-total jerk, nothing like his on tv personna

2) Lynn Swann-almost as bad as Bradshaw

3) John Stallworth

4) Mel Blount

Players that were great

1) Rocky Bleier-nicest guy of em all

2) Andy Russell-very close to being as good as Bleier

3) Hines Ward

4) Jerome Bettis

5) Greg Lloyd

6) Jack Lambert-if he talked more, he'd be #1

bigbensgirl7
07-06-2005, 11:56 AM
I met both Terry and John Stallworth and they were both very nice to me!
I really haven't met any I disliked. I really like El, and Bettis when I met them. Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene were also great!

LambertIsGod58
07-06-2005, 11:58 AM
The thing with Brad and Stallworth is I PAID for their signatures and did nothing but treat people like cattle. I was being pushed through so fast I asked Brad to sign his jersey as the SB MVP for 9&10... Boy, I would have been pissed if he did.

bengalsfan21
07-06-2005, 01:57 PM
Haven't met them but don't like them

Friday133
07-06-2005, 02:20 PM
gary anderson sucked

plaxico burress was great!

Prosdo
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
I can't really recall any I didn't like. I would have to say the two nicest guys were Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis. They both were very friendly, answered questions, and joked around. Very nice guys.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Bradshaw has been alot better w/ the fans since his apology and coming back to Pittsburgh that day a few years ago. He's still a bit on the arrogant and opinionated side though, but thats just his personality.

Met swann once, well sort of, I couldnt get an autograph, but I heard him talking to some fans and he seemed quite pleasant at the time.

Greg Lloyd was also a very gracious person when I met him, down to earth and nice as could be. You wont find a more fan friendly duo anywhere than Bettis and Ward.

clevestinks
07-06-2005, 07:10 PM
gary anderson sucked

plaxico burress was great!

Gary Anderson does suck, I had my youngest brother approach him for an auto, right after the Steelers /Bills scrimmage in Edinboro. My bro was 6 then, Anderson told him " Don`t bother me kid" I felt like kicking his arse!

Friday133
07-06-2005, 08:08 PM
my dad owns a business on ohio river blvd. gary came in to pump up some footballs before practice and was a complete idiot.

i met plaxico in ross park mall 2 years ago christmas shopping, super nice guy. saw randel el last year at ross park too, but i didn't geta chance to introduce myself.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Plax always seemed like a great guy w/ the fans, but his camera presence left much to be desired.

Prosdo
07-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Gary Anderson does suck, I had my youngest brother approach him for an auto, right after the Steelers /Bills scrimmage in Edinboro. My bro was 6 then, Anderson told him " Don`t bother me kid" I felt like kicking his arse!

Wow thats horrible. He said that to a 6 year old. What a damn jerk!

SteelerFanInATL
07-21-2005, 05:23 PM
My dad used to drive the Steelers on accasion to the airport for away games. Now dad is not a Steeler fan but is always going to give it to me real. Although I never personally met
him dad told me that Yancy Thigpen was arrogant and had and attitude. Other than that everyone else was cool.

NV STEELERS 723
03-08-2007, 05:45 PM
My buddy at work also met Bradshaw about 8 years ago ... he got into the taxi line and got pissed off because my buddy made him walk 20 feet to get his cab...

Bradshaw must have known my buddy is a Clowns fan!

RoethlisBURGHer
03-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Haven't met them but don't like them

And we don't expect you too either.

GBMelBlount
03-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Just wondering if you've met any Steelers you didn't like? I collect alot of autographed memorabilia and have met several players.

Players I didn't like

3) John Stallworth

4) Mel Blount

Players that were great

3) Hines Ward

4) Jerome Bettis

5) Greg Lloyd

Dude, How long did you meet Mel Blount? 10 seconds when he signed something for you? Mel Blount is a very loving husband and father and has done more to help others (especially out of pocket) than anyone else I know. Plus he may not be very vocal at times, but he let his work on the field speak for itself. He is a great man. Sorry he didn't "wow" you in those 10 seconds.:cheers:

BettisFan
03-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Players I didn't like

3) John Stallworth

4) Mel Blount

Players that were great

3) Hines Ward

4) Jerome Bettis

5) Greg Lloyd

haha dude no way listen up my mom lived in pittsburgh her whole life and met Lynn before he was big they have been best friends since she always talks to him when they were younger he did dancing with my mom and they are good friends, he is rally nice and my mom also loves bradshaw u obliviosly dont know these guys

GBMelBlount
03-25-2007, 08:46 PM
haha dude no way listen up my mom lived in pittsburgh her whole life and met Lynn before he was big they have been best friends since she always talks to him when they were younger he did dancing with my mom and they are good friends, he is rally nice and my mom also loves bradshaw u obliviosly dont know these guys

I've heard countless times both these guys are great people! My wife is a big Swanny fan & a good friend of mine knows Terry and said he is incredibly down to earth and nice. I just know more about MB. :cheers:

john4psu
04-25-2007, 09:50 PM
As for my personal experiences:

Nice guys: Rocky Bleier, Mel Blount, Mike Kruczek, Jack Ham, Dermonti Dawson.
Franco was very nice to my son and my wife said Chuck Noll was friendly when she met him.

Theo Bell was a jerk.

Counselor
04-26-2007, 01:01 PM
I saw Kimo VonOlhoffen at Showcase Cinema North last year (in the middle of the season, before superbowl playoff run) What a great guy. Kids were running up to him shaking his hand---he could not have been nicer or more gracious.

Personally, unless I've seen a player act like a jerk on more than one occasion, I have no problem giving these guys a pass---I can't imagine being contantly in the public eye---I wonder what people would say about me if they caught me on a bad day.

Jeremy
04-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Bradshaw was cool.

Kevin Greene was a jerk.

That's about it.