PDA

View Full Version : Absolutly Pitiful

R2sojr
09-18-2006, 10:34 PM
they coul not generate anything tonight and they looked way outta sync...especially Ben....They need to get it together next week or were gonna get smoked by the Bengals...hate to say it but the way they played tonight was unbelievable....and the secondary is terrible...y is it in these last 2 games they have played soft as hell...some ppl might get mad but im so friggin P/O right now.....and ike taylor needs to step his game up and be the corner he portrays to be....its gonna be a long long week my friends

83-Steelers-43
09-18-2006, 10:37 PM
How anybody can put blame or heat on our defense tonight is beyond me. Do you realize these guys are human? They need breaks. They need something called oxygen. You can state our offense looked bad tonight. That's understandable even though we had a QB coming back from surgery who has had how much playing time?

It's week two. Take a deep breath. That's all I'm going to say on this topic because I'm sure we will have five different threads telling us how bad we looked tonight even though there is a thread pinned and pasted on the front page dealing with the game.

Sharkissle29
09-18-2006, 10:37 PM
yea, game pretty much sucked

cmdrfunk
09-18-2006, 10:47 PM
Townshend couldn't tackle for a crap.

SteelersNationsfl
09-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Our defense didn't play that bad... Come on guys Jax only scored 3 friggin feild goals. Let's get real here.

Steelersfan4life0655
09-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Our defense didn't play that bad... Come on guys Jax only scored 3 friggin feild goals. Let's get real here.

I agree. Our defense did a good job. there is only so much that the defense can take up the load and they start tiring out. if our offense was more productive tonight, probably would have been a different story. but its still early in the season, it's one loss. focus is now on the bungles.

R2sojr
09-18-2006, 11:44 PM
i meant our secondary played horrible...and i dont think troy shouldnt have been out there the way he was hanging that arm...yes i understand his mindset that im not dead so ill play but be realistic here...hes too important to get hurt against a non conference team...i just havent seen anything from ike to make me think hes our top corner...and bash me all ya want i can take it...lol

clarient
09-18-2006, 11:53 PM
How about some support for a hard-fought game? Stand behind your team no matter what the score looks like!

Gameplay analysis is one thing... pissed-off insults are another.

BengalBrian
09-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Your D didnt look that bad.. They just lacked the game changing plays... But the loss was on the O.. Not the D... They were tired and forced to play way too much.. And STILL only allowed 9 points.. Not a single TD.. On the road... That is pretty good actually

tony hipchest
09-19-2006, 09:35 AM
the early haggans interception was especially pitiful :rolleyes:

Justin Otstott
09-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Both sides had issues, mostly the O!!! The only thing I seen wrong with our D was tackling!!

SteelerFanInCA
09-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Props to the Jags D for playing lights out. Props to our D as well for keeping them out of the endzone. Big Ben and Wille will bounce back from this. We will be OK.

clevestinks
09-19-2006, 02:31 PM
PATHETIC!!!

I`ve never seen so many 3 and outs in my life.

Should Ben have started? I say Yes only because he needed the playing time before the cinci game.

Did I think we would go 16-0? Hell no, but I did think that we would show up and play week after week. I was wrong.

Did I waste my time staying up late? Hell Yes! I kept hoping to see some spark of life, it never happened. It was 0-0 at half and 3-0 after three. What more motivation did we need? We should have felt lucky to have it so close.

Our offense was miserable, slow, no blocking, just terrible.

Coaching, yeah it sucked also. Ben completed the first two plays of the game, and on third and longs later on, he was throwing to backs under the markers and hoping that they would get the first, and it didn`t happen often.

Should we have gotten 2 poist each time that we crossed the 50 yard line?? It wouldn`t have matter, they still would have outscored us.

Do I think we are done? Nope I`m still hoping for 12-4. But when you have 3or 4 former pro bowl linemen, a potential HOF wr, a 1200 yard running back, a TE who had a 80- yard TD a week ago, the youngest QB to ever win the SB, a kicker that has earned the nickname Quadzilla, and one hell of a coaching staff. You would expect atleast 3 points.

If someone would have told you yesterday before the game that the jags would only score 9 points, you would have all bet your homes on the Steelers. And today we owuld all be homeless, without our computers.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo STEELERS!

HometownGal
09-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Props to the Jags D for playing lights out. Props to our D as well for keeping them out of the endzone. Big Ben and Wille will bounce back from this. We will be OK.

Saints be praised!!! A rare optimistic post after last night's game! :banana: Kudos and rep to you SFInCA. :tt02:

I also think props should be given to Jack Del Rio for showing total class in the waning seconds of the game by not rubbing the Steelers faces in the dirt by taking the knees instead of going in for more than likely, an easy 6.

TXSTEELER
09-19-2006, 03:20 PM
"also think props should be given to Jack Del Rio for showing total class in the waning seconds of the game by not rubbing the Steelers faces in the dirt by taking the knees instead of going in for more than likely, an easy 6."

I say AMEN to that, since I had the Stiller D in my fantasy game, which I won.