PDA

View Full Version : Willie Ried or Holmes

Carolina Steelers
09-19-2006, 12:04 AM
I think Holmes had a chance the past 2 weeks as a rec. and a punt returner but didn't impress me I say give Ried a chance.

meanjoecoop
09-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Definitely not what I was expecting from him.

Atlanta Dan
09-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Well, the logic of how it has to be Holmes or Reid escapes me - I cannot recall when a #1 and #3 draft choice have made the team and both have not dressed for the games.

The Steelers' mindset as to how needs allegedly were addressed in this past darft continues to escape me.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-19-2006, 12:29 AM
I would like to see Reid back there but i dont think they have enough depth on the roster to bring him abord right now because i dont think he dressed for either game, has he?

stunta86
09-19-2006, 12:33 AM
I would like to see Reid back there but i dont think they have enough depth on the roster to bring him abord right now because i dont think he dressed for either game, has he?

no he hasn't dressed for either, i would love to see him play, but no way does he get in over holmes, mainly cause holmes is a first round draft pick. willie would help the punt game out a lot though. to bad morey is a speical teams captin

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Reid will take plae of cedric wilson onc eholmes becomes the starter and washington is the #3 wr.

stunta86
09-19-2006, 12:40 AM
Reid will take plae of cedric wilson onc eholmes becomes the starter and washington is the #3 wr.

i don't know, washington has been playing very good, he might be the one to replace wilson and holmes goes to number 3

Rotty3749
09-19-2006, 01:29 AM
I was actually at the game tonight and would have to say this was our first first-round mistake in the past 5 years. Shocking to say after we have brought first-round superstars such as Ben, Troy and Heath the past few years. Holmes just looks like he has no idea what he's doing. He basically killed our offense when we needed it the most tonight. Ran a kickoff from 5 deep in the endzone and only got to the 12 yard line. Looked like he ran the wrong route which led to Ben's first interception that deflated our offense. Gets hit in the face with the ball on a critical third down the next drive. Let numerous punts bounce so Jacksonville could down them inside the 5. Just makes me feel like we made the wrong move trading up for him. Honestly I think we should have stayed put and picked Lendale white as our short yardage back, but what gets me the most is that Ben keeps throwing to him all night after he made that many mistakes all night. Holmes needs to be sat and we need to play other receivers.

X-Terminator
09-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Um guys? Holmes is a ROOKIE, who has exactly TWO games of NFL experience under his belt. Do you seriously expect every rookie first-rounder to turn out like Ben and Heath did in their first years??? And as for Troy, I distinctly remember a great number of fans declaring him a bust after just a few games in his rookie season, that they wasted their pick, etc., and now, you can't find a chisel strong enough to detach their lips from his ass. He wasn't brought in to start right away and is clearly being brought along slowly, so how about giving the kid a chance first before you throw him out the door?

Rotty3749
09-19-2006, 02:23 AM
I can understand your reasoning, but I just think we could have used our pick on something we needed more. Again it could just be coming from my hatred for ohio state. I would have to say he did look bad tonight though.

Midnightwriter07
09-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Um guys? Holmes is a ROOKIE, who has exactly TWO games of NFL experience under his belt. Do you seriously expect every rookie first-rounder to turn out like Ben and Heath did in their first years??? And as for Troy, I distinctly remember a great number of fans declaring him a bust after just a few games in his rookie season, that they wasted their pick, etc., and now, you can't find a chisel strong enough to detach their lips from his ass. He wasn't brought in to start right away and is clearly being brought along slowly, so how about giving the kid a chance first before you throw him out the door?

Exactly and well said... He is a rookie, he will make mistakes... Is a very long season people... i wouldnt let the 2nd game of the year worry anyone too much. We need Holmes in there to get reps, he made some awesome plays in pre season... He will be fine and i seriously doubt Lendale White was going to do anything that would have helped us tonight... he would have gotten hit prolly a few seconds before Parker did in the backfield.
IMO.. our O line didnt do its job, I kept Jax defenders beating us all over the field... I just think we got outplayed tonight and they wanted it more. Give the kid a break, he made a few mistakes.