PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Jags

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Enough of this crybaby stuff about Ben should not have played and what not...We lost.
Jags played a great game, there defense dominated out team all night on EVERY play.
With that said i think our defense did a good job...

BUT WE LOST...congrats Jags.........
GAME OVER....Cincy next week.....

Livinginthe past
09-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Well said that man.

Jags played an awesome game - especially on D and late in the game on O they moved the ball against a tired Steelers D.

The Steelers needed to go deep with accuracy to break up the Jax D playcalling who were crowding the line - unfortunately thats tough to do when your QB is rusty, 1st game back and your WR's are inexperienced.

Its a long season, but at this moment Jax look legitimate.

NM

ps I those updated stats on your sig are a cool idea.

augustashark
09-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Well said that man.

Jags played an awesome game - especially on D and late in the game on O they moved the ball against a tired Steelers D.

The Steelers needed to go deep with accuracy to break up the Jax D playcalling who were crowding the line - unfortunately thats tough to do when your QB is rusty, 1st game back and your WR's are inexperienced.

NM

ps I those updated stats on your sig are a cool idea.

I agree Litp, we needed to take more shots down field. The one and only time we did Ward damn near came up with a great catch. That one play could have turned the game around. The 1st drive we came out throwing and play action, we needed to go back to this and give it a try. Jax was playing up with their DB'S and this west coast action we were going with just was'nt getting it done!

Props to the Jags, hope to see them again playoff time.

klick81
09-19-2006, 12:42 AM
I am not used to seeing our offense dominated that way. It was unreal. So yeah, they deserve the W.

hardwork
09-19-2006, 01:00 AM
I thought Cowher might have been playing possum a bit and all of a sudden they were going to stretch the field with Ward, but it never happened. Or they just couldn't do it tonight.

X-Terminator
09-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Or they just couldn't do it tonight.

I think this was more the truth than anything. It wasn't an unwillingness to stretch the field, but that they couldn't due to Ben being rusty. They wanted to be safe, but unfortunately it cost them.

clarient
09-19-2006, 01:21 AM
I really like the Jags and hoped to see them do well this season... just not this well against us. :yuck:

Kudos and best of luck!

Petesburgh66
09-19-2006, 01:24 AM
They beat the Steelers at there own game. Hats off to them. Games like this will happen.

hardwork
09-19-2006, 01:30 AM
I think this was more the truth than anything. It wasn't an unwillingness to stretch the field, but that they couldn't due to Ben being rusty. They wanted to be safe, but unfortunately it cost them.

I think you're right. I don't care how young and tough you are, Big Ben has been through a lot, and missed a lot.

BlackNGold203
09-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Finally a thread that makes sense this morning.....

Jacksonville...12-4 last year.....home and jacked up on a Monday night to play the champs....

We got our asses handed to us...Jax is legit....

Learn from it...be motivated by it....get ready for Sunday....

HometownGal
09-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Time to put this game where it belongs - behind us - and get ready for next week's game against the Bungles. Jack Del Rio has done a superb job with his team and had them ready to play and play they did. They play hard and well as a team, and are a very legitimate contender. Kudos to Del Rio and the Jags for a very good performance and their W.

Although it hurts any time our Steelers lose, especially to an AFC team, that loss didn't hurt us as badly as a loss next week would, so let's move on forward and concentrate on putting a W in our column next week. :smile:

Justin Otstott
09-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Enough of this crybaby stuff about Ben should not have played and what not...We lost.
Jags played a great game, there defense dominated out team all night on EVERY play.
With that said i think our defense did a good job...

BUT WE LOST...congrats Jags.........
GAME OVER....Cincy next week.....

I will quote that...Congrats to the Jags! :tt02: lmao

ARKIESTEEL
09-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Only thing I realy hate about this is Matt Jones burning us All the hog fans here at home kept calling the house with their Matt jones blah blah blah:dang:

But none the less way to go jags

tony hipchest
09-19-2006, 11:14 AM
and your WR's are inexperienced.

:huh:

hines ward (9th year) and cedric wilson (6th year) have a combined 200 games played.

bens 1st 3 throws were dead on accurate. it looked like the steelers were coming out guns ablazin. why cowher took the air out of the ball so quick and put ben in predictable passing downs i dont know yet. im thinking del rio made a quick defensive adjustment to throw us off our gameplan if it was in fact to come out like we did againt the colts and denver in the playoffs. if it wasnt, it shouldve been.

i always enjoy watching m. stroud and r. mathis. these players were heavilly scouted out of college by the steelers and were targeted to be drafted by them until jacksonville beat them to the punch. matt jones too, although the steelers still mightve taken h. miller over him. good players and a good team. f. taylor runs small for a big guy. if hes healthy and feeling young again he could be real scary. if leftwich stays healthy going into the playoffs they could do some dammage, especially with that defense. pretty soon, teams will quit throwing the way of mathis. hes very atheletic and instinctive. they always give the colts fits so next weeks game should be really good. (could help decide who wins that division)

i have to put this loss on the coaches. it seemed like jax was in the steelers playbook. i wanna see itf they do the same thing to the colts before i solidify that opinion though.

Livinginthe past
09-19-2006, 02:53 PM
:huh:

hines ward (9th year) and cedric wilson (6th year) have a combined 200 games played.

bens 1st 3 throws were dead on accurate. it looked like the steelers were coming out guns ablazin. why cowher took the air out of the ball so quick and put ben in predictable passing downs i dont know yet. im thinking del rio made a quick defensive adjustment to throw us off our gameplan if it was in fact to come out like we did againt the colts and denver in the playoffs. if it wasnt, it shouldve been.

i always enjoy watching m. stroud and r. mathis. these players were heavilly scouted out of college by the steelers and were targeted to be drafted by them until jacksonville beat them to the punch. matt jones too, although the steelers still mightve taken h. miller over him. good players and a good team. f. taylor runs small for a big guy. if hes healthy and feeling young again he could be real scary. if leftwich stays healthy going into the playoffs they could do some dammage, especially with that defense. pretty soon, teams will quit throwing the way of mathis. hes very atheletic and instinctive. they always give the colts fits so next weeks game should be really good. (could help decide who wins that division)

i have to put this loss on the coaches. it seemed like jax was in the steelers playbook. i wanna see itf they do the same thing to the colts before i solidify that opinion though.

Well experience isn't much use if its with a QB who is a great deal different than the one on the night.

The type of timing patterns the Steelers were trying to run are very difficult when you dont have a solid understanding with your QB.

Sure Hines has as much experience with Ben as anyone - but he was the only one really.

I could try and tell you why I think Cowher took the ball out of the air - its probably because that despite last years lessons he still insists on playing to his own teams perceived strengths rather than adjusting to what the opposition are giving him.

There is also a chance that Cowher allowed himself to be convinced of Bens fitness to play by the man himself - thats guesswork based upon watching the way he obviously encouraged Cowher to challenge a play until he had a re-think.

I dont suppose the Jags D will play much better this year and the Steelers werent quite up to it - which I put down to their two most influential offensive players not playing at 100%.

There are alot of games left yet.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
09-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Congrat to the Jags and their fans. They out played us thats the bottom line. We just need to bounce back like the champs we are.

hardwork
09-20-2006, 12:09 AM

This didn't have anything to do with the coaches. Jacksonville just plain beat your ass. They stood up in the trenches, spit in your face, and kicked your sorry behind back to Pittsburgh.

Jesus, admit it, except it, and move on.

augustashark
09-20-2006, 12:32 AM
This didn't have anything to do with the coaches. Jacksonville just plain beat your ass. They stood up in the trenches, spit in your face, and kicked your sorry behind back to Pittsburgh.

Nothing but class hw, nothing but class. :coffee:

hardwork
09-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Nothing but class hw, nothing but class. :coffee:

When you've been around as much as I have, and add to that my dashing good looks, it's hard not to exude class. But, thank you anyway, son.

augustashark
09-20-2006, 01:06 AM
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig!

hardwork
09-20-2006, 01:14 AM
We got our asses handed to us...Jax is legit....

Learn from it...be motivated by it....get ready for Sunday....

Shark

See now, this was posted by a super mod who says the same thing I did. Yet, you didn't call him a pig. You didn't insult him.

See, son, you just have a problem. You have issues. Try and correct the problem, ok?

augustashark
09-20-2006, 01:23 AM

NO!, this is what you said. Notice the words "plain beat your ass" or "spit in your face" and "kicked your sorry behind". Maybe its just me, but that is not what 203 said.

Dude, its not that big of deal, you have NO CLASS and it shows time and time again.

Not having class is something alot of people suffer from, its not just you. I don't know, maybe it was the way you were raised. I don't know you, so its hard for me to say, but the one thing I know for sure is that you really have no class!

Ohio Steeler
09-20-2006, 01:31 AM
I will under no way say conrats to the jags in fact they can kiss my @ss....

I hate them almost as much as I hate the bungals

hardwork
09-20-2006, 01:33 AM
NO!, this is what you said. Notice the words "plain beat your ass" or "spit in your face" and "kicked your sorry behind". Maybe its just me, but that is not what 203 said.

Dude, its not that big of deal, you have NO CLASS and it shows time and time again.

Not having class is something alot of people suffer from, its not just you. I don't know, maybe it was the way you were raised. I don't know you, so its hard for me to say, but the one thing I know for sure is that you really have no class!

Yeah, well, some of us know what goes on in trenches, son, and some of us don't.

Anyway, since you are lacking the skillful means necessary to solve your problem, I'll just let you be. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

augustashark
09-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, well, some of us know what goes on in trenches, son, and some of us don't.

Anyway, since you are lacking the skillful means necessary to solve your problem, I'll just let you be. Sorry I couldn't be of help.

:pity: